PDA

View Full Version : Ads with sound

Arch0wl
08-4-2008, 04:21 PM
I remember when Synth had a commitment to have no intrusive ads on FFR, and now you have possibly the most intrusive and annoying ad there is: the loathed flash ad with sound. Frankly I find this anti-FFR and it's extremely frustrating to be totally interrupted as I'm browsing to scramble to find the window that's playing sound and either mute it or close it.

Izzy
08-4-2008, 04:25 PM
There are ads that pop out over the entire website. Those are irritating.

LoneW0lf
08-4-2008, 04:25 PM
OMG I KNOW I HATE THAT.

oh wait, im a subbie.

Just adblock them, its what i did and still do on other sites.

Izzy
08-4-2008, 04:27 PM
I don't understand why sites get paid to put up ads like that. It is horrible advertisement as it just make me hate whatever it is displaying.

NFD
08-4-2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, haven't seen an ad on FFR for months.

LoneW0lf
08-4-2008, 04:30 PM
I don't understand why sites get paid to put up ads like that. It is horrible advertisement as it just make me hate whatever it is displaying.

I actually agree with this 100%.

But it has to work if they keep doing it right?

Synthlight
08-4-2008, 04:39 PM
We do everything we can to limit these ads but the horrible truth is that we use about 8 ad companies that push out hundreds of ad campaigns each. The result is never knowing what is going to be displayed. Many of these companies allow us to block certain advertisers but we have to know about the problem company and campaigns before we can do anything.

I absolutely loathe intrusive campaigns. Whenever you see one, don't just show the ad but report it with the associated javascript in the page source. This will make it much easier to track down.

Cheers,

Synthlight

DJAirWave
08-4-2008, 04:45 PM
We do everything we can to limit these ads but the horrible truth is that we use about 8 ad companies that push out hundreds of ad campaigns each. The result is never knowing what is going to be displayed. Many of these companies allow us to block certain advertisers but we have to know about the problem company and campaigns before we can do anything.

I absolutely loathe intrusive campaigns. Whenever you see one, don't just show the ad but report it with the associated javascript in the page source. This will make it much easier to track down.

Cheers,

Synthlight

I know alot about ads, Synthlight is right. Only way to stop the ads is the source directly. It's a chain effect.

Synthlight
08-4-2008, 05:09 PM
Another way to bypass this is with direct sell to advertisers. If any of you know or have connections to companies that would make a perfect fit for advertising on FFR, PM me and we can work them a good deal. I personally hate all the crappy non-related remnant ads that we serve.

Cheers,

Synthlight

arrekusuof93
08-4-2008, 05:13 PM
Does the site earn money from simply displaying these ads or from actual clicks?

ABP (http://adblockplus.org/en/)

EDIT: or even better
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/payments.php

thechild
08-4-2008, 06:15 PM
I though those adblockers weren't legal.. And subscribe, no ads.

who_cares973
08-4-2008, 06:25 PM
im gunna miss my subbie ;______;