PDA

View Full Version : My Name Is Dj Waterfront,I Give You My Music.

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Hey :) so yeah my name is Gibson63 here, its been 1 years and a half... but my nickname in other website is Waterfront.

So i just started my first attempt at making music, i ended up with a song,
i think its kinda cool for my FIRST ATTEMPT ever.

if anyone would like to step it, i would be SO happy^^ give me your feedback please :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=857657

EnR
07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Little repetitive :/

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 05:42 PM
:( lol aww... its my first attempt so... normally..techno is a lot repetitive.. anyway.. if anyone like it and would like to step it.. that would be cool

EnR
07-24-2008, 05:44 PM
that's the problem, wouldn;t make for very good steps. :/

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
maybe if i do a transition and change the font beat ? like in the middle of the song

EDIT: ill modify the song a little bit. ill let you know

hi19hi19
07-24-2008, 06:13 PM
I'll honor you a decent review, but I'll be honest: this is not good enough to go in FFR, period.

Nice beat on the start, but all the percussion is a little too "wet". Needs more definition.
"BeBeBeBeBeat Control" needs something to make it not sound like it was recorded with a tin can. Echo, fade, some kind of voice synth, anything.
The beat that kicks in at 0:43 is actually really good. The one high point of the song IMO.

The rest of the song is just the same beat, with a really lame "zip zip zip" sound going on. Hugely repetetive and has no hook at all.

WhyCry
07-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Not bad, its somewhat repetitive, but it adds on throughout the song. I enjoyed it, I would give it about a 8/10.

infinity.
07-24-2008, 07:31 PM
you sure did control that beat. :P

The one part that really makes a techno song is the climax, the point where everything shifts and makes it awesome, your song kind of stayed the same, it had one point where there was a small alteration, but nothing that was exciting to hear,

but for a first song it was good.

jugglinguy
07-24-2008, 07:44 PM
techno is a lot repetitive..
Not good techno.

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
KK i did modify it a bit, tell me what you guys think , i tryed to add a catchy beat in the middle of the song and some funny little noise^^

infinity.
07-24-2008, 08:35 PM
i like it a lot more haha, it's kinda qwirky and fun, volume distribution is really weird though, and it almost seems to silly,

some sounds were almost overwhelming, like the synth. the snares, kicks, etc were all pretty generic

a few other things i could nitpick, are you still working in ejay?

p.s. the intro was really cool, i just wish you didn't drift off from there,

second look: around :40 you shift between kicks or a bass, it sounds kinda awkward, and it almost feels random sometimes, like 1:39, i see you were trying to make it more interesting, but it didn't really fit how the song was going at the time,

not to hang on to anything, but there was still no climax, at the end though, there is tons of potential to extend the song and add a sick part

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 08:39 PM
yeah im with Ejay, im a beginner so i wont enter directly into FL...cause i dont know anything in that program.. ( Ejay seems easier...) if anyone could adjust all the volume for me ??? that would be cool , and if you can modify something i forget.. it would be cool too. ask for the .MIX and i'll send it to you

EDIT: since im a beginer, can anybody help me a little bit?? i dont know all the settings available to me i tryed to look for some tutorials..nothing really interisting.. cause i really want to do something for FFR =/

infinity.
07-24-2008, 08:44 PM
uhm

you might as well start in FL, i mean, you'll always be starting out new on FL, you might aswell start as soon as possible.
just start with it now, and try and find some tutorials

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 08:46 PM
well if FL is 5x more complicated, at least can someone link me to LOT of tutorials and somewhere that can show me all the buttons functions? i don't want to open FL and be like..WTF..lol

infinity.
07-24-2008, 08:48 PM
youtube.com

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 08:50 PM
seeing you guys talking... is Ejay Good??.. or its completly a sh** load of cra* ??...lol what FL have more than ejay ??

infinity.
07-24-2008, 08:51 PM
reason is pro, but it's complicated

FL is good for starting out

i want lsdj plus nanoloop D:

i've never used ejay

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 09:00 PM
do you think my song have any potential to be part of FFR? =/ if yes but... what modification i have to put in it... seing that even exite bike was accepted... i dont get why this song could not..lol its catchy and have some fun beat.. awww.... anyway its not me who make the rules xd we'll see what people think

XenoxX
07-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Well I think the problem is that you use ejay I mean there is only so much you can do there... There is a way bigger limit with ejay then with Fl or Reason... So all I can suggest is learning how to use fl studio... You can be much more original with it plus you not using loops...

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Ok, i guess ill try FL... it looks complicated but i guess i'll try

XenoxX
07-24-2008, 09:35 PM
Look up tutorial on Youtube or something.

hi19hi19
07-24-2008, 09:41 PM
do you think my song have any potential to be part of FFR? =/ if yes but... what modification i have to put in it... seing that even exite bike was accepted... i dont get why this song could not..lol its catchy and have some fun beat.. awww.... anyway its not me who make the rules xd we'll see what people think

Excite Bike doesn't try to take itself seriously, so it's not a fair comparison.

I think most beginner musicians have plenty of potential to make decent songs. Just keep working, and don't expect your first few creations to be all that pretty lol

EDIT-
Case in point, KgZ, Sea Air.

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 11:38 PM
ok thanks hi19 ^^ anybody got an FL full download link? to PM me or something..im stuck with the demo

Redorigami
07-24-2008, 11:50 PM
I'm pretty sure asking for illegal content is no-no. :)

Gibson63
07-24-2008, 11:51 PM
oh i thought this software was free ><..

hi19hi19
07-25-2008, 12:38 AM
The demo is. The program itself is not. Just use torrents, you'll probably find something if you look around the interwebs.

Gibson63
07-25-2008, 01:31 PM
mini-bump, i need some other opinions regarding the new version^^ what to modify/add or something.. overall i think its good for a first attempt.. maybe add an intro..or something

DarkbearX
07-25-2008, 02:47 PM
It is a very good first attempt. it's lacking texture (around :40 it sounds really empty), and doesn't really have any bass. That's just two things.

My suggestion is to leave that track alone and move on to a new one. You can't expect your first few tunes to turn out 100% professional; you should listen to my first songs (TONS worse than this). xD

Anyway, yeah. I think you should just move on to the your next song; this one is good enough for your first. :P

Crashfan3
07-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Hmm... I liked it, sort of.
Seemed a bit empty though.
7/10