PDA

View Full Version : Advice on my housemate

Chrissi
07-2-2008, 03:35 AM
I think he might've come home overly drunk, he's spent the last hour and a half in the bathroom with puking and coughing sounds. For the first hour, it sounded like throwing up, but for the last half hour there's been nothing, no noise, and he's still locked in there. I'm worried he's passed out.

Should I assume that if he made it home by himself safely (at least a half hour walk from any bar type locale, buses don't run this time of night, can't ride a bike drunk, must've walked or maybe got a ride from a friend... but what an irresponsible friend it would be if they didn't follow him inside when he's this bad), that he's going to be okay? Or do I freak out and call 911?

You've got to understand that we're not at all close or anything, we talk once a day at best, basically saying nothing but "hello" 9 times out of 10. So I don't really feel like I can knock on the door and ask him how he's doing.

Raveren
07-2-2008, 03:40 AM
Well, I wouldn't want to pay the ambulance charges for calling 911, so at least ASK him if he's alright.

He locked himself in...that sucks. Next I would say to do is to actually go in and check if there is no response...a window perhaps?

Only if the other two options aren't available would I resort to 911. Or ask someone who knows him well if he does this regularly.

Chrissi
07-2-2008, 03:42 AM
Canadian.. that sort of **** is free around here, man. Charge ain't no thing.

There's no window.... also I've been living here with him for about a year and no, it's not a regular thing.

richyrich55
07-2-2008, 03:43 AM
Go in there and have buttsecks.

Knock on the door and see if he's alright, if not, try to pick the lock or something. If it has a hole in the middle of the doorknob then you could probably stick a coat hanger or something of similar width through and push the lock back.

foilman8805
07-2-2008, 03:44 AM
I've dealt with this a few times in the dorms, and even when I thought the amount of alcohol my neighbor had consumed was horrifically bad, he turned out alright.

I mean, he couldn't even walk, or talk it was that bad. All he could do was hiccup and make gurgling noises, his eyes were incredibly dilated and unresponsive...it was awful. I thought he was going to have alcohol poisoning, but he didn't. We didn't call 911.

Just let his liver do what it needs to do. He's going to regret it soon, so don't call the paramedics and put him in the hole an extra $500.

EDIT: Nevermind about the $500. lol Canada.

EDIT 2: Go to bed.

LLaMaSaUceYup
07-2-2008, 03:48 AM
Go to sleep.
Or knock on the door to see if he's okay, then you will be able to sleep a lot easier...

Raveren
07-2-2008, 03:50 AM
Canadian.. that sort of **** is free around here, man. Charge ain't no thing.

Canada just got +7 kickass points.

Chrissi
07-2-2008, 03:51 AM
Go to sleep.
Or knock on the door to see if he's okay, then you will be able to sleep a lot easier...

I think this is the best advice so far. I am going to take one of these. Which one, I am not sure yet. Sleep sounds tempting. It's pretty late, or early, depending how you look at it.

LLaMaSaUceYup
07-2-2008, 03:54 AM
I am very glad I could help.
zZzZzZzZZz, get some rest ;)

Mezo
07-2-2008, 10:02 AM
lol, reminds me of my friend who got drunk and fell wondered into a girls floor dorm bathroom and threw up all over the place then fell asleep in one of the showers . I'm pretty sure he was ok, just he got in trouble with the RA :/

ummm... I guess u shud have made sure he was ok... but I guess it isnt yur business wut he does in his own bathroom (throwup, passout, ...sex ) I just hope he didnt die :o . prolly threw up then curled up on the floor and passed out -_- . floors seem alot mroe comfortable after throwing up lol... unless u threw up on the floor O_o

Chrissi
07-2-2008, 12:36 PM
Well, just an update, I think he is fine. Probably sick with mild alcohol poisoning but fine. I went to sleep and when I woke up he was in his room, and there was no puke on the floor, though he left his ipod in the washroom....

Just so no one worries. If he got himself to bed I think he's all right.

bluguerrilla
07-2-2008, 12:52 PM
You should play loud music for all the worry he caused.

stretchypanda
07-2-2008, 02:06 PM
You should play loud music for all the worry he caused.

Agree.

rzr
07-2-2008, 02:12 PM
lol, reminds me of my friend who got drunk and fell wondered into a girls floor dorm bathroom and threw up all over the place then fell asleep in one of the showers . I'm pretty sure he was ok, just he got in trouble with the RA :/

ummm... I guess u shud have made sure he was ok... but I guess it isnt yur business wut he does in his own bathroom (throwup, passout, ...sex ) I just hope he didnt die :o . prolly threw up then curled up on the floor and passed out -_- . floors seem alot mroe comfortable after throwing up lol... unless u threw up on the floor O_o

This has to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read on this forum.

bluguerrilla
07-2-2008, 02:16 PM
Honestly though, it's when they don't throw up that you really need to worry.

Professor Raine
07-2-2008, 03:11 PM
Try to make sure he's hydrated for now until he starts to feel better. When he does, give him a tirade on how he worried the **** out of you.