PDA

View Full Version : Vertex BETA vrofl

goboenomo
06-4-2008, 04:18 PM
Is there a way I can get this song still? Apparently people who place in the top 8 of their category in the an FFR tournament can get it, but there are over 2000 people playing this song... so there must be another way.

-Yukari-
06-4-2008, 04:20 PM
It was released on April Fool's, so the public had access to it for a day.

People also challenge each other to it.

4 people were also rewarded it for hitting 1 billion points in one day (during a gamewhoring competition).

goboenomo
06-4-2008, 04:23 PM
Sigh.. a lot of people seem to love this song... especially for the 24 hour tournament. I hit 200 million after 6 hours and I was in 9th place, only to find out that everybody else had been playing Vertex BETA vrofl for 6 hours straight.

EnR
06-4-2008, 04:25 PM
only 4 people were using vrofl ..

Im Vince
06-4-2008, 04:26 PM
the people who play that song got a challenge to play it..
thats all

EAGAMES
06-4-2008, 04:28 PM
Sign up for the tournament and place in the top 8 to recieve the token. In the future there will probably other competitions you can do (ex. Gamewhore Competition) to win vROFL.

OMG its HIM
06-4-2008, 04:31 PM
not many people will challenge you to vrofl...

Frozen Beat
06-4-2008, 04:37 PM
only 4 people were using vrofl ..

I believe it was two.

Nightfirecat
06-4-2008, 04:48 PM
I thought I wouldn't get it, but I got it from the 3rd tourney by placing 2nd...

You just never know >.>

EnR
06-4-2008, 04:49 PM
I believe it was two.

Me, Izzy, XUioX and blackjack.

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 04:49 PM
it's really a piece of ****.

LLaMaSaUceYup
06-4-2008, 04:52 PM
It's just a huge mashtastic dump file.

btw, can you vibrate through the WOD?

Commandersa1
06-4-2008, 05:09 PM
It's just a huge mashtastic dump file.

btw, can you vibrate through the WOD?

I thought for the WOD, you just hold down all the arrows.

Adamaja456
06-4-2008, 05:15 PM
2 people used vrofl AND HIT 1 BILLION

no, you cant hold down the arrows for the WOD, you must vibrate, and it IS possible to pass. just very difficult.

Gundam-Dude
06-4-2008, 05:40 PM
no, you cant hold down the arrows for the WOD, you must vibrate, and it IS possible to pass. just very difficult.

Quadhold + DS = Rubix

MrRubix
06-4-2008, 05:45 PM
Why the **** do people spread such misinformation so frequently?

You can't vibrate the WoD and pass -- never gonna happen. You need to flood your input and hold down all the keys at the right moment to quadhold the wall since it's essentially a huge framerglut (DS helps offset the initial quadhold lag).

Anyways to my knowledge I'm the only one to actually pass the thing :D

Adamaja456
06-4-2008, 05:49 PM
I was pretty certain a few people pass the song without cheating.

[TeRa]
06-4-2008, 05:54 PM
Actually 2 people used vrofl to get 1bil points that day, me and adam never touched it...
I played fotbb, adam did ehhs, xuiox and izzy played vrofl.

Oh, adam said this already, whatever.

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 05:57 PM
i wasn't aware of anyone who had passed the WOD besides rubix, regardless of methodology used.

XUioX
06-4-2008, 06:00 PM
Why the **** do people spread such misinformation so frequently?

You can't vibrate the WoD and pass -- never gonna happen. You need to flood your input and hold down all the keys at the right moment to quadhold the wall since it's essentially a huge framerglut (DS helps offset the initial quadhold lag).

Anyways to my knowledge I'm the only one to actually pass the thing :D

Sorry Rubix, I'm ****ing upset at myself for not recording the moment when i passed it. Yes, I did pass it before, no DS. It IS possible. when you vibrate, you have to make sure that your tapping perfects in the 64th's, so you can keep your bar up. Theres absolutely no way to tap every arrow using vibrate but it still works, only on rare occasions. I've only passed it twice before. and will be a long time before i do it again. My hint is.. when your about to get into the WOD (where the green arrows shoot up) hit early into it so you can probably tap a few more.

Its how i passed it.

i wasn't aware of anyone who had passed the WOD besides rubix, regardless of methodology used.

I mentioned to ILY on Aim when i passed the WOD, so i bet if you ask him, he would say i did

Adamaja456
06-4-2008, 06:00 PM
shoot. i guess i was misinformed

uber fail on my end =/

edit
after reading above post, now im really not sure if its possible or not

AHHH

MrRubix
06-4-2008, 06:03 PM
Perhaps a difference as a result of the avmiss fix, but I wasn't aware that vibrating could pass it even WITH the fix.

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 06:05 PM
Guess Rubix has to try it... has he even played it since avmiss fix? And, I know firsthand that Sprite is an insane vibrator (it still hurts to sit)... and he's never passed WOD.

XUioX
06-4-2008, 06:06 PM
Perhaps a difference as a result of the avmiss fix, but I wasn't aware that vibrating could pass it even WITH the fix.

Even with it is damn well hard, i couldn't imagine what is was like when there was no fix X(

Adamaja456
06-4-2008, 06:08 PM
I asked sprite a few days ago if it was possible to pass the WOD with the avmiss fix. he told me it was possible, just insanely hard.

but i thought he passed it =/

rubix, play it right now without ds, quadhold, etc, and see if you can pass it

[TeRa]
06-4-2008, 06:09 PM
I guess I can try it out, I can vibrate pretty good, so it's worth a shot.

MrRubix
06-4-2008, 06:15 PM
Bah I actually just failed it by overmashing at an easy part. The people here in the lab are looking at me funny lol. I'll do it later when I have my USB keyboard so I can mash out

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 06:16 PM
they're looking at you funny because you're a funny looking guy.

MrRubix
06-4-2008, 06:16 PM
You mean dashingly sexy

MrRubix
06-4-2008, 06:18 PM
And now I present to you

A gift from two years ago

MrRubix attacking some innocent kid's sand castle and being a complete asshole
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qzl9_Bexmyw

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 06:20 PM
should have given it a moat. a yellow moat.

MrRubix
06-4-2008, 06:20 PM
Had to keep it PG

Otherwise I would have given it a log bridge

Adamaja456
06-4-2008, 06:21 PM
woot, just played it and broke 2000 perfects!

2038-1120-343-701-546
i passed the WOD but then my health bar vanished disgustingly fast =/

XUioX
06-4-2008, 06:21 PM
And now I present to you

OMFG ROFLMAO!!! XD

your mean rubix! XDDXDD

i passed the WOD but then my health bar vanished disgustingly fast =/

probably cuz the bar was still trying to lower down from the WOD. Its what it looks like when i try it. =(

I actually almost passed it. but, killed me.

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 06:22 PM
Adam: so then you didn't pass.... heh.

MrRubix
06-4-2008, 06:23 PM
lol adamaja that isn't a pass -- if it's vanishing quickly that's just a standard fail

Adamaja456
06-4-2008, 06:24 PM
lawl. i tried to pass teh WOD but during the process my health bar vanished disgustly fast

fixd <3

on a serious note, i wish the replays would go that far for my game.
I got through it but im guessing it took a split second to register all the arrows i miss so thats why it seemed like the passed the WOD even though i didnt?

R-Sisco
06-4-2008, 06:24 PM
And now I present to you

LOL

Silhac
06-4-2008, 06:25 PM
I've played vrofl before once. Unfortunately, all the stuff about vibrating through the WOD is true, tried it, got shot down so fast, I could've sworn it took less than a second.

Also, did anyone else see the insanely high score on the vrofl leaderboard? Some guy had more than 3 million points on his score.

Coolboyrulez0
06-4-2008, 06:26 PM
Your a mean dude, MrRubix.
Mean dude, indeed.

Silhac
06-4-2008, 06:28 PM
And from my above post, this is that score I was talking about
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l68/Brandon_Kirkpatrick/vrofl.png

Insane...

XUioX
06-4-2008, 06:30 PM
Also, did anyone else see the insanely high score on the vrofl leaderboard? Some guy had more than 3 million points on his score.

Yeah he came and traded me 85k credits all for vrofl challenges.

He used DS.

Frozen Beat
06-4-2008, 06:32 PM
Dude. You're gonna get rich...

XUioX
06-4-2008, 06:36 PM
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6804/aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeh6.jpg

all the vrofl credit transfers so far

Silhac
06-4-2008, 06:37 PM

He used DS.

So if he used dual setup, doesn't that technically constitute as cheating and the score isn't valid? I thought you weren't allowed to use that method.

HammyMcSquirrel
06-4-2008, 06:37 PM

He used DS.
Stop giving out vrofl challenges to people. Hahah, god damn...you're so open about it, too. You're going to start pissing Tass off eventually, especially after the people you give challenges to are getting scores that Tass will have to remove. It creates more work for him and he doesn't like people giving out challenges on it in the first place.

Or you could keep on giving out challenges to people and maybe Tass will take the token away from you. =P

Silhac
06-4-2008, 06:38 PM
Well it's better than when they were freely given out. He's putting the credit revenue towards a contest anyways, so he won't be keeping all of it.

HammyMcSquirrel
06-4-2008, 06:40 PM
Well it's better than when they were freely given out. He's putting the credit revenue towards a contest anyways, so he won't be keeping all of it.
That doesn't matter. The fact that he's profiting off of them in the first place is bad enough.

Vrofl challenges make Tass ):
Unnecessary work resulting from Vrofl challenges that make Tass ): in the first place makes Tass >8(

Continuous abuse of this makes Tass >8(

Edit: Unless Tass doesn't care anymore all of a sudden.

Frozen Beat
06-4-2008, 06:42 PM
Yeh hear XU?

You better be careful :P.

XUioX
06-4-2008, 06:44 PM
Stop giving out vrofl challenges to people. Hahah, god damn...you're so open about it, too. You're going to start pissing Tass off eventually, especially after the people you give challenges to are getting scores that Tass will have to remove. It creates more work for him and he doesn't like people giving out challenges on it in the first place.

Or you could keep on giving out challenges to people and maybe Tass will take the token away from you. =P

The only problem Tass had with this was that i was giving them away when they didnt deserve it. Id say that 5k for 2 challenges is worth it. (2.5k for 2 challenges for subbies) They earned the challenge.

I wouldn't do something that Tass forbid me from doing. If he wants me to cut it out, then i will. Id say selling them is better off.

And yes, I am using the credits for a tournament in the future. Its all to make EVERYONE happy. Im not collecting credits for ha-ha's and to think im a rich n00b.

Also, i don't see why the vrofl scores have to be erased. If they don't really count, then whats the point.

Silhac
06-4-2008, 06:44 PM
Yes, I finally know tass's pet peeve! ABUSE!

(*just kidding, don't have vrofl*)

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 07:05 PM
i really do not like the notion of you selling vROFL challenges. i do not like the notion of you sending vROFL challenges. period. i already warned you about sending them out like they're ****ing condoms.

edit: removed that guys score.

XUioX
06-4-2008, 07:17 PM
I certainly would've wished you told me not to send any out. I would've stopped right then and there. I didn't get a definite no. All you told me was that you didn't like it, but I could if i wanted to.

But now that I'm getting the message more clearly, I'll quit it.

If you really don't like people sending out challenges, why not make a rule?

Nightfirecat
06-4-2008, 07:52 PM
And now I present to you

I'm da juggernaut b*tch!

Izzy
06-4-2008, 07:57 PM
Tasslefoot doesn't like people sending vrofl challenges. It raises the amount of level ranks on the song without that many people having the song.
It is really stupid anyways. Just tons of garbage.

My copy pasta every time someone asks.

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 07:59 PM
has nothing to do with levelranks. has to do with people playing and having access to stuff that they didn't earn. it ruins the merit of having the token and ruins the prestige and accomplishment. etc etc.

25thhour
06-4-2008, 08:01 PM
To pass the killer WOD Double setup. =D I don't have vROFL nor do I use Double Setup. No accusing.

Izzy
06-4-2008, 08:05 PM
Well that might not be the reason you don't want it but i don't like that. You should just make it not able to record unless they have the token.

Cristiano Ronaldo
06-4-2008, 08:11 PM
Nevermind

Silhac
06-4-2008, 08:17 PM
Can someone send me a challenge if it isn't to much trouble?

After all that Tass just said about him and his major dislike to people sending vrofl challenges, that was probably the worst thing you could post on here after that.

Izzy
06-4-2008, 08:30 PM
Hey Xuiox can you send me a vrofl challenge?

XUioX
06-4-2008, 08:30 PM
Silhac, don't speak for me on my own profile comments. I already deleted what was supposed to be deleted. If they get confused, they could pm me.

Hey Xuiox can you send me a vrofl challenge?

Sending. Rofl

Cristiano Ronaldo
06-4-2008, 08:32 PM
5k or more for a challenge of vROFL

OMG its HIM
06-4-2008, 08:33 PM
After all that Tass just said about him and his major dislike to people sending vrofl challenges, that was probably the worst thing you could post on here after that.sorry:rolleyes:

OMG its HIM
06-4-2008, 08:34 PM
so no one wants to challenge me on vrofl...its ok ill find it from someone ;D

XUioX
06-4-2008, 08:35 PM
Tass, just make a rule on vROFL challenges. rofl

Netjet!
06-4-2008, 08:37 PM
All in favor of having TwMT replace vrofl

I.

[TeRa]
06-4-2008, 08:39 PM
Tass, just make a rule on vROFL challenges. rofl

How would it be enforced, adding it as a rule most likely wouldn't change anything.

Xx{Midday}xX
06-4-2008, 08:39 PM
i really do not like the notion of you selling vROFL challenges. i do not like the notion of you sending vROFL challenges. period. i already warned you about sending them out like they're ****ing condoms.

edit: removed that guys score.

Is there absolutely no way to stop vROFL challenges? I strongly believe that vROFL challenges, or any other skill token/token challenges should either be completely disabled, or restricted to staff members.

;2196108']How would it be enforced, adding it as a rule most likely wouldn't change anything.

He could make accepting a vROFL challenge without having vROFL a bannable offense. =/ Same with other skill tokens/tokens. I guess it would be quite tedious to monitor every score though. Users like us could report on their behalf.

XUioX
06-4-2008, 08:40 PM
I cant believe i have to stop selling challenges. I'm ****ing getting offers of over 10k for 1 challenge right now. This is torture. Cut it out people.

How would it be enforced, adding it as a rule most likely wouldn't change anything.

It would scare the vrofl keepers from giving away challenges.

OMG its HIM
06-4-2008, 08:41 PM
sorry:rolleyes:

I cant believe i have to stop selling challenges. I'm ****ing getting offers of over 10k for 1 challenge right now. This is torture. Cut it out people.

It would scare the vrofl keepers from giving away challenges.haha ill pay 3000...CAVE IN!!!!!

Xx{Midday}xX
06-4-2008, 08:43 PM

It would scare the vrofl keepers from giving away challenges.

10k is worth scrap. You can get 10k from 250 games. 1000 minutes of your time. Or, just win the most horribly funded tournament, and you'll still get more.

What would scare the vrofl keepers from giving away challenges? That's the problem.

Actually, another idea may be to take away vROFL privileges for sending out unauthorized challenges. Once again, same with all other token/skill tokens.

Netjet!
06-4-2008, 08:45 PM
Credits are worth nothing. Stop caring more about the game than the huge pimples on your face.

XUioX
06-4-2008, 08:46 PM
10k is worth scrap.

What would scare the vrofl keepers from giving away challenges? That's the problem.

Actually, another idea may be to take away vROFL privileges for sending out unauthorized challenges. Once again, same with all other token/skill tokens.

Trust me. When i went around asking for oni challenges (didnt know it was a rule) everyone told me to **** off because it was against the rules. Same could be for vrofl now.

Tasselfoot
06-4-2008, 08:46 PM
how about i just ban all of you now for pissing me the **** off? stop it. NOW.