PDA

View Full Version : Stepmania: Help?

xxSmilezxx
01-7-2008, 11:47 AM
I just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to get better w/ the harder songs in Stepmania. Any advice would be appreciated. (By harder I mean songs like NeoMax) Thanks. :-)

jakobsk8
01-7-2008, 03:04 PM
Easy. PRACTICE. Try downloading easier stepfiles, and try not to go suicidal if you don't AAAA Neomax after the first after-practice run.

atalkingcow
01-7-2008, 11:17 PM
Endless mode.

Download like..the ITG or DDR packs...(itg is bettah!) and play them on the highest diff you can handle in endless mode.

if you make it to like...20+ songs without failing miserably, move up a difficulty.

In no time at all you'll be better.

Or do what I had to deal with...get a friend who's a ddr freak and will kick you in the nuts every time you fail a song. -.- painful, but you learn hella fast.

Button Masher
01-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Endless mode

Better yet: Turning on Event Mode under options before you start. Endless Mode is good for a constant, random stream of all your songs; yet, a horrible option if you have more than a gig's worth of songs. The more the songs, the longer the wait for it to load. Quite often it would make my computer freeze up just waiting for it to start. I don't know how many songs you have already, so if you just have a few then either would work. If a lot, then you might try Event mode if your computer's slower.

Also, look for "transition songs." Ones you can just barely pass/get As or Bs on. Practice those until you can go higher. Repeat.