PDA

View Full Version : Stepmania Song Lasts... Forever?

T)r6g0n
12-23-2007, 02:03 AM
This is starting to really get on my nerves and I wasted my whole Saturday. Heres the situation:
1. I downloaded a mix of Sympathizer for Stepmania that is about 4 minutes longer than FFR's Sympathizer.
2. I didn't like the steps so I removed them all, and spent my whole day putting in steps that I liked.
3. I didn't like the ending of the song, so I took it to a program I have called FL Studio and shortened it down to FFR's song length, and added a fade and everything. I reuploaded the project into a .mp3 format and put it in the place of the old one. This .mp3 is about 3 minutes 40 seconds long, as opposed to the previous 6 minutes 52 seconds (approximately).
4. Now, I go to play the song, and now, when the steps and song end, it just stops. It doesnt go to the score screen or anything, it tries to wait out the duration of the previous song.

My question: Was I allowed to edit the song like this? I triple-checked every single line after that and there is not a single thing after my last note, not a single bpm change, pause, note, background change, anything... To make sure I even double-cleared, cut, and removed the space inbetween my last note and about 1000 seconds, which is well over 7 minutes. Neither is there any other stepchart. Any suggestions? I can also send my folder of this Sympathizer version if you'd like to take a look at it. Anything helps.

Shadowlessheart
12-23-2007, 02:35 AM
Uhhh...not that it might help...but I believe by default Stepmania is set to Fast Load...Go into options, then (I press up 3 times) and find "Reload Songs/Something else :X. Try that, if that doesn't work, then I'm really sorry I wasted your time :X!

kailure
12-23-2007, 03:30 AM
Remove the rest of it in the .dwi/.sm

T)r6g0n
12-23-2007, 04:37 AM
Uhhh...not that it might help...but I believe by default Stepmania is set to Fast Load...Go into options, then (I press up 3 times) and find "Reload Songs/Something else :X. Try that, if that doesn't work, then I'm really sorry I wasted your time :X!

GENIUS!!! Thank you. It works fine now.
I took a shower and I was pondering the situation, because I had already took out the old .sm and .dwi files and I was wondering what was going on, and I thought the exact thing as you did, to go into options and do that reload song thing.... This fixed the problem. *sigh of relief*