PDA

View Full Version : Quads and Hands

ryanisadouche
12-9-2007, 04:33 AM
This has probably been posted a million times but i couldn't find a thread on it.

How do i change my settings so my computer can register 3 or all 4 keys being pressed at once?

I played stepmania several years ago, same keyboard/computer, and i could press all 4 keys at once fine, so i know my setup is capable of it. The only difference is now i play DFKL spread instead of the arrow keys. Any help is appreciated thanks.

dascookieman
12-9-2007, 05:15 AM
use test input in options

ryanisadouche
12-9-2007, 05:55 PM
one more noob question, hopefully someone reads this. Whats the most common judge level to play on? like the one everyone submits scores on. Thanks

edit: also, whats a boo in stepmania? rofl

hyprskillz
12-9-2007, 09:47 PM
The common judge difficulty used to submit scores is 4 (by default). Some people use higher judge settings, but they use videos to cement their proof.

And a "Boo" on Stepmania is when you hit the correct arrow 18-hundredths-of-a-second (by standard metrics) too late.

arrekusuof93
12-9-2007, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure how you would alter your setup to allow for 3 or 4 keys to be used at the same time. Just find a different key layout that works... like:
m,./
askl
zx./
sdkl
et cetera

ryanisadouche
12-10-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm not sure how you would alter your setup to allow for 3 or 4 keys to be used at the same time. Just find a different key layout that works... like:
m,./
askl
zx./
sdkl
et cetera

all my questions have been answered already haha. Thanks though.

ryanisadouche
12-14-2007, 09:34 PM
new question:

how do you get it to say "#1 machine score" or "new personal record" or whatever it is when you beat a previous record? Not a huge deal but I'd like to know how to turn this on

Nightfirecat
12-15-2007, 12:41 AM
I believe that you just need to set up a profile in profile options... Either that or look in machine options. I think it should be automatic...