llama499
11-27-2007, 05:55 PM
i have seen worse, just practice more

SithCait22
11-27-2007, 06:03 PM
rawrrr, practice aint helping...

Conorn
11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
well practice is something you are going to have to deal with. keep on going at it.

jellygod
11-27-2007, 06:07 PM
yea you only have 4k games played and you've been a member for 2 years, play more games and practice more. also play stepmania it helps too.

sp1nzoK
11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Most important is that you enjoy playing, if you play decent amounts weekly then you will improve steadily, try to play stuff that is slightly harder than you can do. I tried some song on stepmania just now, I had played it last time months ago and it was very hard back then, now it was breeze to FC with 2 greats :-P Just playing improves your eye-hand coordination greatly, your stamina and speed too. Try putting your FFR rate from settings up a notch for easier reading of arrows when you get speed.

Solomine Gray
11-27-2007, 06:14 PM
If it's any consolation, your 12,016 average rank is lower than my 17,685 at the moment.

SithCait22
11-27-2007, 06:18 PM
ive been playing way longer than 2 years seeing as i was still in my old house from when i was 13 when i started...and i play things that are way harder than what i can fc or anything and its obviously not helpin me any. Practice hasnt done me good either.

Stepmania makes ffr harder for me for some reason, and vise versa.

I screen cut, i cant speed mod.

(seeing as i cant get 15 arrows into police in the sky without getting a good, i think that aalone says I SUCK
And i can barely get into beginner only songs without gooding...)

Solomine Gray
11-27-2007, 06:22 PM
Speed mods are more effective in my opinion, but some people do both. It's just a matter of sticking with it and getting used to it. When you bump your arrow speed up, don't expect to be able to do all the same levels you can do; go back to some easier levels to get used to the speed.

Also, practicing on levels far harder than your own skill level won't help much at all because it's not giving you much insight on how to improve. Try something slightly harder. Like, if you can easily full combo Tricky songs, move up to Difficult. If it's hard to full combo Difficult, then you are at the right place to practice. I don't know what you meant by "way harder than what you can FC" but doing something like going from Difficult to Very Challenging generally isn't a very good idea.

SithCait22
11-27-2007, 06:24 PM
i can only FC challenging songs, and cant keep a combo going much in any very challenging songs, so i play those a lot, and i never get better at them.

Solomine Gray
11-27-2007, 06:29 PM
And you're doing a x1.0 speed screencut, I assume? Try no screencut and a x1.25 speed mod. And, don't expect to just start full comboing stuff when you try it. Like everybody else says, practice.

Just to let you know, I can AAA Challenging songs, and it's the same for me; I can't even full combo a lot of Very Challenging songs. So, the difference between AAAing and not even full combing is big. But, with practice, I have been able to full combo some of those Very Challenging songs.

SithCait22
11-27-2007, 06:30 PM
you just said you can FC SOME very challenging songs as i said i cant FC any, or keep a combo on them

Solomine Gray
11-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes, and you also missed my point, I said that I can't full combo a lot of them and with practice I have been able to full combo some of the Very Challenging I previously could not combo.

Look, if you want to be miserable, fine, be miserable. People are trying to help you here and you are only arguing all of their advice.

SithCait22
11-27-2007, 06:35 PM
and as i said, i do practice, when i can, im not putting ffr before work or school.

Im not arguing, im saying why it wont work for me. Ive been on screen cut since i learned of it. It was hard enough to do that, i dont really wanna spend another couple months getting used to another way of play. No effence.

LLaMaSaUceYup
11-27-2007, 06:36 PM
Practice!

Solomine Gray
11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Nothing personal taken from your posts. But, you claim you are not very good at the game (and I figured maybe you were looking for some tips), and then when we give you tips, you say something like this:

i dont really wanna spend another couple months getting used to another way of play.

This is perhaps the reason you are not going to improve; you are not willing to take the steps required to make you better than you are. If your playing style is only taking you so far, then it might be a sign to learn a new playing style. Do you play with one hand or two? Index or spread? Spread (2 hands, 2 fingers each) is usually the ideal method of play. If you are playing something like 1 hand 3 fingers, I recommend switching.

SithCait22
11-27-2007, 06:43 PM
i spent a year learning spread and it proved no use to me, only a little improvment which was needed and i noticed so maybe it was useful. But im still not gonna learn a new way of play, i already spent total 1.6 years learning 2 ways to play.

Solomine Gray
11-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Then, prepare to stay where you are in terms of skill.

SithCait22
11-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Well you dont even know is speed mods will help me

fido123
11-27-2007, 06:52 PM
They spread the arrows out so you can read better.

Also practice is key but don't worry if your not learning noticeably fast. You usually get better sub-consciously because the incline gets slower.

SithCait22
11-27-2007, 06:56 PM
i'd notice if i could fc a song i could fc a long time ago.

Rubin0
11-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Oh dear God. Please stop whining.

ninjaKIWI
11-27-2007, 11:11 PM
Play as much as me, and you'll be fine. xD

who_cares973
11-28-2007, 12:05 AM
stop playing for a couple months and you'll magically get better lol. i stopped playing for 5 months and went from fcing standard songs to fcing very difficult songs i dont know how but i did O.o and yes speed mods help.

TD_m0nster
11-28-2007, 12:30 AM
let everything be natural. dont force anything. if you're good you're good, if you're not (which most of this world isnt) then you're not. one's life is full of things they're good at, and not so good at.

arrekusuof93
11-28-2007, 07:59 AM
Be happy! I can only FC a few Challenging songs. :-\

From what I understand you're screen-cutting with no speed mods and you can play at a Challenging difficulty.

Start playing Difficult-Very Difficult songs on x1.25 speed (maybe faster if you need to) and then try to play some Very Challenging songs until you get better.
If your current style of play is getting you nowhere (so you seem to think) then it's time to change, even if you don't want to.

IAAW
11-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Things take time. Think about it; have you ever played FFR one day, went to sleep, and woke up tomorrow, being able to play FFR better than you could before? That can happen for anyone; also, what hand style do you use? Each hand style has its limits, but I'm not going to sit here explaining them. =P

iamacow
11-28-2007, 01:50 PM
You just have to play more. When I think about playing just to get better, I tend to do worse. I can't AAA crap, because my timing is bad. However, the more I play the better my timing has become. SM is good help in the sense that it offers new songs and more variety to get you to play more. Just focus on having fun and playing different songs. It helped me a lot when I just went to the bottom of my levelrank list and upped my average rank. Even playing the easy songs improved my timing.
Also, Speed mods have helped me a ton, as far as I can tell. I can't read at 1x anymore. It spreads the arrows and makes them easier to read.

SithCait22
11-28-2007, 02:15 PM
okay...im gonna do this, but im still gonna complain here.

Stepmania = ffr gets worse
FFR = stepmania gets worse
Speed mods = lag cuz vista sucks and it wont let me reinstall XP
I play spread, which from what i know is the style to play.
/arrekusuof93 I can only fc a few of those too, and i can get close to some very challenging (dot death carrosel [spell check that one > . >] )

reddarkd
11-28-2007, 05:20 PM
ZomG!!!! You Suck At Life!!!!
No it just means you havent played as much as other people have

And play the style you feel comfortable with there really is no best style
I play 2 finger

DivynE
11-28-2007, 05:49 PM
PRACTICE...OMG IT WORKS YOU MIGHT NOT SEE IT BUT IT FREAKIN WORKS....PRACTICEPRACTICEPRACTICE...FFR VETS ARE NOT BORN PRO, K?

Think I'm done talking.

ChrisReams
11-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I dont even "practice". Because I just log on and play all my favorite games which ends up being "practice", so you get better while having fun playing the game. I notice gobs of increased skill as I keep playing.

Try some harder songs as you progress to get a feel for harder notecharts, and also try to refine the PA of the songs youve already been able to play well.

bboyxshinobi
11-28-2007, 09:34 PM
lol im worse..
FFR Rank-15,082
Game Plays-859
Grand Total-291,405,275
FC's-19
AAA's-1
Skill Tokens-23
Tokens-26...

Sir_Thomas
11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
i spent a year learning spread and it proved no use to me, only a little improvment which was needed and i noticed so maybe it was useful. But im still not gonna learn a new way of play, i already spent total 1.6 years learning 2 ways to play.

Of you look very familiar, and I live in around Cleveland too (Garfield Heights.)

Honestly, it takes a while. I didnt start noticing a big difference in skill until like 10K games.

Use speed mods and really, Stepmania does help.

This is what happens. You play FFR for a while then go to Stepmania, you are worse at stepmania, but once you get use to the switch, you will notice that you have improved at Stepmania.

Then switch back to FFR after a while of playing Stepmania. Once you get used to how FFR feels again, you will noticed you have gotten better at FFR.

Thats how it works for me anyways.
Use speed mods though. I would say try using 1.25 for now then once you can do Challenging with ease (At least 40 goods on em..) then switch to 1.5 and practice like that.

It seems for me at least, that I can't play on higher speed mods until I get better... so keep at it.

thegeddupnoise
11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Haha. I can't even download ANYTHING. My parents apparently think downloading anything except like FlashPlayer is evil or something, they don't let me do it. Thus I can't play Stepmania.

Anyways, stop complaining on this board - what we tell you isn't going to help you. There really isn't a better or worse way to practice - just play songs, and you'll get better, provided that you're not already able to AAA or get really good PA on the songs you play. My PA sucks compared to how good I can FC stuff. Even though Very Difficult songs are boring for me to FC, I still get PA practice playing Very Easy songs because my PA is not that great. If you just play through a certain set of songs continuously, you'll notice progress on those songs, which will help your skills overall. I've been playing Southern Cross, Balloon Fever and Vertex BETA a lot recently, and I went from mashing on all three to almost being able to FC all three in less than two weeks.

EnR
11-28-2007, 11:08 PM
Alright, to get better, try different styles (ex:index,spread,3 finger), and also try different speed mods.

Also, play stepmania, having marvolous's will bring your PA up.

MarukuAntoni
11-29-2007, 02:37 AM
ohh its another negative thread by you. youre not going to get anywhere by complaining. a great solution is to use the speed mods. its helped me, others, and it may surely help you. arrows will spread apart and the speed will be quicker, but itll help. at first itll be tough but keep PRACTICING and youll get better. have a positive attitude and have a little bit of fun. quit being frustrated at your inability to do certain things. youre actually wasting practice time complaining.

GamerShadow
11-29-2007, 07:29 AM
OP: You are simply limiting yourself in skill by saying that you can't get any better. That is COMPLETELY FALSE. Take a break, use speed mods, get rid of Vista, get Windows XP, use IE or Firefox as a browser, screenshrink, and most importantly, PRACTICE A LOT. You don't get better by doing nothing.

It's 90% mental. If you play enough, and tell yourself that you can get better, you will. I did that, it worked fine.

Two years in, and I can FC and sometimes get 15 or less on VC songs. 71 Tier Points as well.