PDA

View Full Version : Using 1 hand to play

valtiel 89
11-19-2007, 08:20 AM
Been killing some time with this game lately but as of yet i've only been using one hand on the arrow keys to play, that's thumb on left, index finger on up and down and middle finger on right . I'm guessing this might be quite problematic on the tougher levels but nothing else feels comfy, had a quick browse through the facmapping thread but basically i just want to know if it's actually possible to attempt the harder levels with just one hand on the arrow keys.

Thanks in advance!

RoastedNoob
11-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Here's a thread I think will help you: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=76671

All_That_Chaz
11-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Anything's possible. Some people have put up some impressive scores with one hand, but for the vast majority of people, using some for of spread (such as left-middle:left, left-index:down, right-middle:8, right-ring:6) is a strictly dominant strategy, meaning you'll always be better off using it.

Trust me, I played one-handed for over three and a half years and after a couple weeks after switching to spread, I was beating old scores.

Cj_leonine
11-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Anything's possible. Some people have put up some impressive scores with one hand, but for the vast majority of people, using some for of spread (such as left-middle:left, left-index:down, right-middle:8, right-ring:6) is a strictly dominant strategy, meaning you'll always be better off using it.

Trust me, I played one-handed for over three and a half years and after a couple weeks after switching to spread, I was beating old scores.

Everything he just said is trure. It is close to impossible for a seasoned one hander to be better than a half-seasoned spread player.

OMFG Why did you choose that setup? You must have incredibly small hands / fingers because that hurts like sh**.

All_That_Chaz
11-19-2007, 03:13 PM
that's what both myself and HammyMcSquirrel use.

and i do indeed have small violinist fingers =/

leadafro
11-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Switch to spread it saves time if your serious about scores.

Loser :(
11-19-2007, 08:58 PM
One hand is fun! I just use index left, middle - up and down, right - thrid/sweet figner.

unkdavar
11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm one of the few people I know who plays 4 fingers with one hand.

Loser :(
11-19-2007, 10:31 PM
Yea, I believe you but, isn't it hard to use 4?
P.S:Do you use extra:Pinky, or thumb?
P.P.S:Have you gotten any AAA's on any like difficult mode with those 4 fingers
?

ninjasknife
11-21-2007, 12:49 PM
i play both ways...one handed and spread depending on the song or the mood. slower songs im better one handed faster songs im better spread.

Spread:
left - left index
down - right index
up - right middle
right - right ring

odd spread i know but it works for me...when im not playing one handed :razz:

gabgabo
11-21-2007, 05:21 PM
If you practice hard, you can get really good to anything.

EvanescentBliss14
11-21-2007, 07:20 PM
I think it's possible to play one handed. I don't think I could play two-handed if I tried. My problem is just hand-eye cordination, it's a vocal-dystonia thing, lol. :]

gabgabo
11-21-2007, 08:57 PM
I think it's possible to play one handed. I don't think I could play two-handed if I tried. My problem is just hand-eye cordination, it's a vocal-dystonia thing, lol. :]

Well, when I started playing spread, it was hard but I got way better in way less time.