PDA

View Full Version : Featured Profiles, Profile of the Day, and Profile of the Week.

Zageron
08-10-2007, 02:28 AM
I suggest that we create a featured profile feature. It's hard to put in words so...

Featured profiles - Would be based off of total votes and views added together. They would be sorted in order of hight. And would be live update just like Recent profiles. Perhaps not as frequent however.

PotD - Would be based on Views and Votes received that day. (Day 1 receive 100 Total. This is highest over all. Day 2 = Your PotD)

PotW - Would be based on Views and Votes received that week. (Week 1 receive xxx Total. This is highest over all. Week 2 = Your PotW)

Page Stretch. XD

Please note the error in the photo. PotW should be Votes: xxx Views: xxx.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k11/Eranegera/FeaturedProfiles.jpg

Lvytn
08-10-2007, 02:31 AM
That would be cool to see. Maybe only have the top 5 for both, so the front page doesnt get too crowded.

heyitsmee
08-10-2007, 05:00 AM
the most viewed profiles being on the front page will feed with even more views and they will get stuck there every time it will be the same few profiles

DarkbearX
08-10-2007, 05:02 AM
the most viewed profiles being on the front page will feed with even more views and they will get stuck there every time it will be the same few profiles

And that's exactly why this is a useless/bad idea. The top viewed wouldn't change... at all... ever.

HammyMcSquirrel
08-10-2007, 05:14 AM
I think it would be cool to have like...1-5 randomly chosen "Profile(s) of the Day". It would be similar to how Newgrounds has a randomly chosen "User of the Day".

heyitsmee
08-10-2007, 05:26 AM
random is cool

use the stats page there you find active users and not the same every day pick random users that get on the lists

HammyMcSquirrel
08-10-2007, 05:53 AM
random is cool

use the stats page there you find active users and not the same every day pick random users that get on the lists
It would feel more special to be called "User of the day" on the front page. XD

Anyways, I was just tossing that idea in there. I have no preference either way.

BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
08-10-2007, 06:56 AM
If it did go by the rules at the top, those unlucky people will get spammed to death. Especially if they're recognised as being good at FFR (which they will because everyone gives them thumbs up).

lightdarkness
08-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Well... if we based it off of stats, people would cheat just to get on the main page... thus making another area that has to be patrolled...

Adamaja456
08-10-2007, 09:21 AM
hmmm, i like the idea of getting a random profile of the day on there.

Zageron
08-10-2007, 11:47 AM
Well... if we based it off of stats, people would cheat just to get on the main page... thus making another area that has to be patrolled...
oh Thats true! damn I didn't think of that. What would be another stat that, you couldn't cheat with, could be used.

heyitsmee
08-10-2007, 11:53 AM
if someone wants to "cheat" on the games played or AAAs (excite bike 100 times) so let them lol the minimum i see to get on the list is like 150+ games played how many users will cheat every day lol

Wootsicle
08-10-2007, 03:32 PM
You can have a "player of the week." The person that scored the most grand total points that week, come up on the front page.

This way their work was actually worth something.

Zageron
08-10-2007, 03:49 PM
Who cares about Player of the week. It's just another excuse to spam. XD

Although it may be fun. But views and Votes? Its kid of hard to cheat with those??

thechild
08-10-2007, 03:51 PM
I didn't read any posts. I say no, then it would become a contest and FFR would become more of a MySpace.