PDA

View Full Version : This is bad...

Branman123
07-18-2007, 01:58 AM
I really don't know what happened...

I was playing Max Forever and while I was getting bored pressing these repetitive arrows, I thought to myself, how am I able to get all of these arrows while barely thinking?

Then it happened, I instantly sucked at FFR. I couldn't get a good combo after this hit my mind. A minute later, I tried "Spinning With You". I have been able to full combo this many times and very easily. However, when I played the song, the patterns looked waaay to confusing and I just couldn't continue (So I booed out).

Maybe it is because I am tired, has this happened to anyone else before? Should I be worried? I forgot how to play FFR!

dore
07-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Just don't think about it lol

I've had the same problem, just with AAAs going down the drain.

Branman123
07-18-2007, 02:05 AM
Just don't think about it lol

I've had the same problem, just with AAAs going down the drain.

Lol ok, I think a good night's rest should be able to fix it, you know clear my mind and such. I really do hope that FFR being this confusing is just a temporarily thing.

Oh well, back to Legend of Zelda and Mario..err, nevermind - That skill token killed that Mario song.

g4z33b0
07-18-2007, 02:11 AM
I've had this problem, had it today actually while I was trying to MA Shind Bad in SM. Usually I just take a break or play some files that are totally different.

Branman123
07-18-2007, 02:18 AM
I've had this problem, had it today actually while I was trying to MA Shind Bad in SM. Usually I just take a break or play some files that are totally different.

Lol ok, next time I will try and keep my mind shut while playing songs. It is hard for me not to think of some random thing while playing songs like Max Forever or any other songs that doesn't require 100% of my attention.

Hmm, sleeping sounds good at the moment. This whole Summer I have had a divert sleeping schedule because my classes are afternoon classes rather than morning ones. Maybe I'll try and get an early sleep (Midnight is early for me now) and I can think a bit more clearer after my wake-up jog.

spinal_compression
07-18-2007, 05:56 AM
After a good amount of games I can tell i'm getting tired (especially at night) and my PA goes all crap and misses on easier songs start to happen.

Shashakiro
07-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Yeah, don't think about the patterns themselves, it doesn't help.

MrRubix
07-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Muscle memory and reflex is the way to go

Loot You
07-18-2007, 10:57 AM
playing this game is like going to sleep, the farther your mind is from it the easier it is

which is why playing mirror helps when whoring a file on sm, it becomes reflex once more instead of worrying about that pattern you suck at

jwcgator
07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
Lol, i remember whoring Uber Rave v2 and after a while I couldnt FC the beginning anymore lmao

Branman123
07-18-2007, 01:30 PM
I have just started SM about a week ago, haven't played it often except when traveling.

I just played Thinking Different (Ironically). Didn't get an FC, but I guess that is normal when just woke up. I am no longer confused with FFR ;)

Note to self: Bad Patterns!

BEN.(SPEIRS) 7.5
07-18-2007, 01:36 PM
I play better in the mornings because it's proven that the brain is more alive and active when you wake up! I can never AAA anything in the afternoons :S

RB_NaTsUmE
07-18-2007, 01:39 PM
when i want to hit the left arrow and think to myself i end up hitting every other arrow
-.-l

Kotarouchan
07-18-2007, 01:53 PM
I'm kinda the opposite... I must have a mental idea of the song patterns to do well at it, if I don't I'll just fail it bad (reasons why I can't do FMO+ songs/long songs too well...)