PDA

View Full Version : The Strangest FFR Dream!

chunky_cheese
07-12-2007, 02:41 PM
This morning I decided to get another hour or two's sleep before I went to work, and wow... what a dream.

Synthlight had apparently called up 4 random subscribers (I was one of them) and asked them to have a special meeting of sorts. I get there and Synth is this sexy young person with super long hair, don't remember what the others looked like. Anyways, Synthlight grouped us into two tiers and told us to create levels in Tony Hawk's games, but I wasn't in a tier because Synth couldn't contact my mom.

Then... later on, we decided to go boating! This was a really busy small town. We all inflated our boats and went down to this building that rented boats and had an indoor pool type thing for boating. Although they would only admit you if you used THEIR boats, no outside boats. So everyone ditches me and goes off somewhere while I wait 2 hours for them to come back (I had already bought tickets, jerks! :P)

After that, we all went back to the place we were staying at because Synthlight had to change his son's diaper, everyone just started doing their own thing then, so I decided to check out this charity supper. I get there, and they first off gave me a choice of huge dinosaur teddy bears, I think I should get Synth a barnie because I had remembered this funny thread that related Synth to barnie, but I thought that would be too mean. The ladies behind the counter were so nice, they gave me like 3 full taco bell meals and all this other free stuff (including another teddy bear). I guess Synth and I are buddies now? Anyways throughout this whole dream I have a lisp.

So I headed on back to the place we were staying at and I gave all this stuff to people, told Synth about the stuffed animals and he sent me back to get HIM 3 meals and another stuffed animal. I say "Sure why not" and head on back, pick up some more stuff, but before I could get it I had to prove that it was for Synth by getting him, I find him (Waiting outside wondering what the hold-up is, he must have been hungry) and bring him in, he now has a crap load of stuffed animals and taco bell.

So then, everyone becomes Asian (YEAH I KNOW WTF!) and were staying at some guys apartment. I'm walking around the neighborhood after dark being cautious about the drunken native people trying to jump me. An old couple passes and talks to me (Because we all know that old people have regular 3 am walks). Anyways, I get back to the apartment and something has changed that causes everyone to become uneasy and have more free food for some reason. (I think Synth picked up food and dropped it off, then left and never came back). So then as if by some magical power I am flying home, (it's only 20 minutes away, yay!)

Can anyone interpret this?

Ultimaeblah
07-12-2007, 02:49 PM
.........Um.

Get a shrink? *runs*

dawg4321
07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
it's not that weird. at least you can put it into words which is a good sign. interesting dream.

fastfingers65
07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
I had a weird ffr dream a few nights back

I met Nima,and he talked all this trash about Arch,then i asked him about Stepmania and all his scores.Then he gave me driving lessons.lol

chunky_cheese
07-12-2007, 02:54 PM
One day I really will meet Nima and Bmah in Edmonton, I hope they don't bite, I have this image of Nima walking like he is playing DDR and yelling MAX FOREVER!

SulferDragon
07-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I have weird dreams about FFR all the time! I've had like three in the past week. I don't even bother writing them down anymore. Obviously it's just a sign we like FFR a lot.So then, everyone becomes AsianThis part really made me laugh.

sarahxjane
07-12-2007, 02:57 PM
HAHAHAHA.

That's a pretty messed up dream.

=]]

I think you're addicted to FFR just a bit too much.

x3

g4z33b0
07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
"4 random"

"4" = 4chan; "random" = /b/. obviously you've been browsing 4chan's random image board.

RB_IcePh0enix
07-12-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm a dream interpreter and I have realized that those 4 people Synth picked (including you) are going to be his personal slave for 3 years then become admins.

chunky_cheese
07-12-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't believe in 4chan. Oh, @ Ph0enix, does this mean that I will know programming languages in the future, and actually start projects and finish them? By the gods, I already know a little html and php! 6 years with FFR? I think I will stick with being an unofficial cheese Mod for now...

Engler
07-12-2007, 03:03 PM
I wish my dream's were that cool....I dream about stupid things like school.

adlp
07-12-2007, 03:03 PM
Can anyone interpret this?

youre going to die in 3 minutes

rel89
07-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I had a dream once that only good threads were made.

And Daman contracted a virus that broke all of his fingers.

Doug31
07-12-2007, 03:36 PM
I've had so many dreams about FFR I can't even list them all. But over the last 2 nights, I've had a nightmare about some lame skill token which was even worse than that lame Mario token, and then me passing Vrofl as the other dream.

RB_IcePh0enix
07-12-2007, 03:36 PM
I don't believe in 4chan. Oh, @ Ph0enix, does this mean that I will know programming languages in the future, and actually start projects and finish them? By the gods, I already know a little html and php! 6 years with FFR? I think I will stick with being an unofficial cheese Mod for now...
Actully, if you deny he will permaban you, sorry.

korny
07-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I can't say i've had too many dreams about ffr but i've been having some FREAKY dreams. like they're so bizarre it's unbelievable.

fastfingers65
07-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Korny,I would like to hear one.

rshadow8888
07-12-2007, 09:22 PM
zomgz dream

Dude, where do you buy your weed?

travman301
07-12-2007, 09:40 PM
OMG, I actaully did have a wierd FFR dream.

It was the first day of school, but all of my classes got bumped up so I was in college classes. And the school was in my local mall. Each store was a seperate class.

Anyways, I went to go into my chem. class and all of the college kids were staring at me, wondering why I was there. I went and sat down in the back. (One of my cousins were there) (It was also stadium seating) Then laptops popped out of the tables. My chem. teacher pulled down a projector and started the lesson.

All of a sudden all of the laptops started playing FFR. (Elements)
I did really well, and I got an "A".

Then I woke up.

V3T_ddrultramix3
07-12-2007, 11:44 PM
I also had a strange FFR dream (Ok, not COMPLETLY FFR)...

OK, so Tass walks up to me, and he picks me up and yells "WHAT DOES MY BREATH SMELL LIKE?!" in my face. (I know, weird.) So I say it smells like onions. He sets me down and teleported 10 feet away from me, then does a backflip. I walked away.

Later, I found myself playing Pretty Green Onions, then Tass popped out of the screen. He said (yelled) "WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY BREATH!?" I ran away, but Tass stretched his arms and pulled me back. I was trying to get out of his grasp, but then he said "Let's be best buds!" then gave me a hug.

When he DID release me, I fell into a gaping hole that suddenly appeared under me. I was (for some reason) put into a school outfit, and I started reciting the equivalent of pi. My math teacher walked in the room and said "A+, now go show your mom your horrible grade." I thought about what he said, but I didn't consider anything but showing my mom the grade.

When I got home, my mom was watching TV. I said "Mom! I got an A+ in pi class!" My mom slowly tilted her head in my direction and ripped off her face, revealing ChatLagger. He said (yelled) "HOW COULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?!" He picked me up and brought me over to the refrigerator.

He took out a pie (lol pi, pie) and said "See this?!" He started spazzing and flinging his arms around and making sounds like "OOOOOOoHWEEEEEEEEHEHEHEYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHEEEEEH!" He abruptly stopped. I stared at him for a second. The, he threw the pie in his face. Then I "woke up" to find that I AAAed Pretty Green Onions in my sleep. I was about to post about it in the forums and then I really did wake up.

Oh ya, this was about 3 or 4 days ago.

chunky_cheese
07-12-2007, 11:54 PM
I quit making comics. I am going to make a comic about that. You made me ROFL like never before...

korny
07-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Korny,I would like to hear one.

Ok. Tell me what you think about this. In my dream i'm sitting in the living room at my parents house and were playing some board game. in the middle of the living room there's this strange rectangular object with a lock on the top of it. Well, while were playing the game my parents say something that pisses me off for some reason so i threaten them telling them i'm going to jump inside the box. They immediately freak out saying Jordan don't ! I make my towards it and lift open the top of it like the lock wasn't even there and its only about i'd say 4x3x3 in volume. well at the bottom of the box figure is the same as the top. a lock but as i step my foot inside i kick the bottom and it pops open and theres a completely different world. Inside is a classroom full of kids around ages 7-8. So i jump in hearing my parents screaming in the background. As i land on the ground harshly i open my eyes and i'm 7 years old but my right arm is deformed. It resembled a tentacle like figure but all the other kids were deformed too in there own way. When i stand up the teacher in the room tells me to find my seat and introduce myself. When i tell everyone my name is jordan everyone looks at me like i'm a freak and starts busting out laughing and i'm left clueless. They then start shouting things like what kind of name is that and what planet are you from jokingly and just other rants like that. The teacher then tells everyone in the class to introduce themselves one by one and all of them have weird names like ena-ion-78 or jardis-4-magyar but they say the word hyphen out loud when they say there names. everyones name sounds like that except one kid in the room named brandon. He looks at me and says your frm the other world aren't you and i look at him nodding my head saying yeah i am . He warns me to keep my mouth shut for fear of death and i look at him puzzled asking him how do you mean and then immediately this lady in the back of the room that i hadn't noticed before tells me to shut the **** up and all the other kids repeat after her and i'm like ok? So i ask to use the bathroom and the teacher lets me so i get out in the hallway and there are hundreds of dead bodies on moving tables being pushed up and down the hall way by weird squid like human nurses its very hard to explain. so as i squeeze past all the tables making my way toward the front of the building i approach the principals office and i ask him where the bathroom is and he points directly at a blank wall and says nothing and i'm like ok? so i head the opposite way down the hallway and finally find a bathroom. when i open the door its a huge tile room with only two bathroom stalls but no barriers to hide yourself from the other person who might be peeing. As i look around i see what looks like a retarded person bend over and taking a dump in a standing urinal and does it so fast it boggles my mind. he stands up quickly and warns me to watch out because his arms are made of metal blades but it's not like he ever approached me he just kinda warned me and walked off exiting the bathroom. i then pee in the bathroom and then say to myself i've got to leave this place so i get back in my classroom after sliding past all the dead bodies again and ask brandon to stall the classroom and he agrees. He immediately yells over and over MY NAME IS CHARLIE ,CHARLIE, CHARLIE! and for some reason the teacher and all the kids get PISSED off and start beating the crap out of him so i quickly grab the teachers stool and place it on the desk and get ontop of it but when the teacher realizes what i'm doing she heads towards me but i pop the box like figure that is on the ceiling and a drak green hand grabs mine and lifts me up and pulls me back into the real world and the dream ends.

If that's not a weird dream i don't know what is. I have a lot of weird dreams like that

thechild
07-13-2007, 12:34 AM
I wish I had cool dreams. Most of them are nightmares rofl. I had one recently that is legendary and unexplainable, the best dream ever. If the dream isn't a nightmare, or it isn't really fun, it's me at school naked and I freak out.

chunky_cheese
07-13-2007, 12:57 AM
This topic is getting good, anymore crazy dreams? Would be cool to hear something from Synth, maybe he had the same dream! If so, I got you the stuffed dinosaur because it looked cool, if you want I can go back and get you barney.

Triplex72
07-13-2007, 12:57 AM
This is what happens when you go to bed starving.

chunky_cheese
07-13-2007, 01:01 AM
This is what happens when you go to bed starving.

Really? Ants took over my kitchen and I'm afraid to eat at home, I'm basically relying on stuff I can steal from work, which consists of overcooked fries and half hour old chicken.

lumphoboextreme
07-13-2007, 01:37 AM
cool dream, what did synth look like? :)

spinal_compression
07-13-2007, 07:07 AM
I feel so left out as i've never had an FFR dream...

I like it
07-13-2007, 11:01 AM
i had a strange ffr dream sort of

My dream was that ffr had an event at my local stadium and All of the admins Shash and like everyone else popular was there. And i won the contest we were having by passing VROFL Then we all went to outer space blew up neptune and went to prison. Then i fell out of bed and woke up.

Megmo
07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
I had a dream about Nyokou last night. We met in a bathroom and then we went outside to go fly around, and it was one of those dreams of mine where all of the colors in it were occasionally neon. Hopefully I'll have a dream about Synth one day...

remedy1502
07-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I had an FFR dream. It sucks though. I was playing FotBB and all of a sudden I realized I was playing in like the mall. So I'm playing on this laptop in like the food court and I realized that trills are so easy and FC'd FotBB my first try :S

Ya my dream sucks, and too bad I can't FC FotBB for real :(

macgravel
07-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Many people believe erroneously that humans can record every detail of every moment in their lives. That if you hypnotize someone they can recall every last detail. This is just impractical. Every second hundreds of images are being processed, smells detected, tastes interpreted. So much information would make the brain an unwieldy and unpractical tool.

Jonathan Winson develops the idea that for humans their success is not that they record every last detail but they are very efficient in processing information which is essential for survival.

Animals which are less effective at this tend to process information on the spot. They take sensory information and also the memories that they have and on the spot update their strategies for survival. But this method is time consuming and rather ineffective.

Dreams perform an important function in humans. They help us transfer information from the short term memory to long term memory. This helps us to improve our strategies - we perform better at life. It helps us reflect on what was successful for us and what was not.

Dreams are especially important because this process of sorting information out tends to be done in sleep - its an OFF-LINE process. We store information that is important in short term memory then when we sleep we intensively cram periods of learning into REM sleep. We take information that is relevant to us, information about learning how to perform tasks etc. - then we devise new strategies and this information is then stored in long term memory. Dreams are about our survival strategies

To me this explanation is very valid - for one reason sleep deprivation shows that going without sleep is very harmful. Perhaps this explains that when we are deprived of sleep then we suffer from real confusion. Perhaps the brain is overloaded with short term memories - it continues at the pace it is used to. It continues to collect every last bit of useless information. Yet it is not discarding information? So if this process does not take place - if we do not dream then we are very damaged. WE cannot process information. We become confused and indeed after a time start to hallucinate. Dreams then are essential to process data - that data is not processed at any other time.

One thing Winson mentions is that dreams help us improve our survival strategies. Perhaps that needs a little refinement. Any dream analyzer would tell you that dreams are about emotions, but these are a bit wishy washy and unimportant surely as regards survival.

No - dreams perform not just survival strategies but they help us process information about our emotions, tasks that we have learnt, language, and opinions about everything. Man is not just a strict survival machine . Man is rather a social animal - an animal who speaks, thinks, talks, learns, laughs and feels emotion. Dreams help us reformulate our views on most important matters. They edit out old and unused data and add in new data.

We also need to understand that the brain is not just one brain but two. We have two absolutely perfect but very different computers - the conscious and the unconscious mind. They work in very different ways. The conscious takes data and stores it laterally - it builds up a series of blocks and then comes to an answer. But the unconscious works the other way round - it spots a problem and works out what is the cause. It works backwards - seeing the bigger picture. So dreams integrate old data with new data. They also act as a bridge between the conscious and unconscious minds.

So what exactly does this mean? If we know what dreams do and what functions they perform then we know the type of things that cause dreams. Dreams are stuck in the here and now. They are about processing information and transferring the important bits into long term memory. So a dream maybe about a song we heard which emotionally or intellectually we find very important. Or it maybe about some task we are trying to learn and master. Important emotional issues may also be the subject of dreams. We can also have dreams about conversations or events we have scene. Indeed anything that is important and relevant to our long term memories is likely to feature very strongly in dreams. So the best way to learn what a dream is about is to write down all these little things that have stuck in our memories from the day before: Songs, jokes, conversations, little things that have stuck in your memories, emotional issues, and things we are trying to learn. Most dreams will be about things on that list. Its as simple as that!

Precisely the function that the dreams play in sorting out our memories is open to debate. It is certain that thetawaves emerge at night and help sort out our memories. However, is this process directly connected with REM sleep. Some doubt remains there. Some believe that it is in Non-REM sleep that this process takes place. Memories are transferred back and forth between short between the hippocampus and neo - cortex during sleep and gradually our long term memories are updated to take account of new experiences from the day. Such people state that dreams play no real role in this. They maybe play out such newly formed thoughts in our minds in the form of movies. The actions maybe there to stimulate the brain during inactivity. It may also be connected with neural patterns. Thoughts have to be imprinted on our memories and replaying emotions maybe the brains way of pushing new thoughts to the front of our minds

But I believe that Winson does prove the vital connection between REM sleep and our emotions, our learning, our general survival techniques.

travman301
07-13-2007, 01:33 PM
CT lol...

pikadill3
07-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Eh most of my dreams (the good ones) are about runescape, ddr, or various things I enjoy in rl such as music groups I like (fantasy concerts XD)

In a lot of my dreams, I have this strange feeling that I'm constantly dragged down and unable to run fast at all (I am running, but I'm moving at a very slow rate, slower than walking o.0)

BTW, don't think your dream is that weird. Oddly enough, I've had a nightmare once of me kissing a dude...Honestly, I wanted to kill myself after that -.-

chunky_cheese
07-13-2007, 11:49 PM
I've had a nightmare once of me kissing a dude...Honestly, I wanted to kill myself after that -.-

Sometimes when you are knocked unconscious by drugs such as "Date Rape" drugs, you can remember small bits and pieces.

pikadill3
07-14-2007, 01:31 AM
:o oh noez...I better hide...O.O

OMGfat123
07-14-2007, 01:37 AM
One day I really will meet Nima and Bmah in Edmonton, I hope they don't bite, I have this image of Nima walking like he is playing DDR and yelling MAX FOREVER!

Whoaa hold up, you guys live in edmonton? man we should totaly have a meet :P

insanefreddy926
07-14-2007, 11:33 AM
I once had a very, very, very odd dream, although it had nothing to do with ffr.

I was in some old fashioned sea ship thing with some of my friends, and, oddly enough, the characters from that cartoon Hey Arnold. So we were sailing to France for no particular reason when a storm came and we crashed onto the shore. Now you kinda need to know the people from Hey Arnold, but the Harold kid (that big fat one) was really hungry. So he goes over to Helga (the one who loves Arnold) and then (this part is really weird) he rips off Helga's butt, and inside is this little compartment thing with an orange in it. So he grabs the orange and eats it. Yes, it was... disturbing. So then my friends and I try to find civilization, and we run into a large line of people. They are waiting to talk to the King of France. We go and talk to the King, but he turns into a bumblebee and flies away. So we walk further and find this town. We call our parents, but they're already taking a vacation together to France, and they're on the plane. Then I wake up.

verra
07-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I once had a very, very, very odd dream, although it had nothing to do with ffr.

I was in some old fashioned sea ship thing with some of my friends, and, oddly enough, the characters from that cartoon Hey Arnold. So we were sailing to France for no particular reason when a storm came and we crashed onto the shore. Now you kinda need to know the people from Hey Arnold, but the Harold kid (that big fat one) was really hungry. So he goes over to Helga (the one who loves Arnold) and then (this part is really weird) he rips off Helga's butt, and inside is this little compartment thing with an orange in it. So he grabs the orange and eats it. Yes, it was... disturbing. So then my friends and I try to find civilization, and we run into a large line of people. They are waiting to talk to the King of France. We go and talk to the King, but he turns into a bumblebee and flies away. So we walk further and find this town. We call our parents, but they're already taking a vacation together to France, and they're on the plane. Then I wake up.

Alright then...

chidori!
07-15-2007, 12:50 AM
i had a dearm where i was playing a masters only song (when i cant get fc an easy song) i fell aseep on the keybored woak up the next morning and the song was still playing. i got off the keybored it said i fpcomboed the song and i ended up wit everyskill token and 12mill cerdits.

Dr.AAA
07-15-2007, 02:08 AM
In my dream I don't know where I was at. It just seemed like it was darkness everywhere. Then nexthing you know I here music in the background. I looked around to where it was coming from but I had no luck. Next thing you I see an arrow coming towards me. I moved out the way. Then more and more arrows start coming down, and I kept dodging them. I had and ideal to just on one. I when an arrow came down, I jumped on it. It dissapeared and I saw numbers floating above my head. So as more came down, I kept just jumping on them and next thing you know it I was mainly walking on arrows! I had millions of points. The music kept playing, it never changed. It just kept going and going and going. That dream was weird but I also had fun. I notice when I woke up. My feet were moving. I don't know if its a FFR dream or a DDR dream but like I said that was a coo dream.

SinkingHippo
07-16-2007, 10:12 AM
I'll tell you what, I love FFR; it's really fun and all but it's not an obsession-- at least for me it isn't. No offense of course, but I don't dream about it.

jpcduran
07-16-2007, 11:44 AM
WOW! lol