PDA

View Full Version : When do you consider yourself GOOD?

Dropkick_Pantacles
07-11-2007, 12:01 PM
Just a question asking for personal opinions. I dont want a flamefest, maybe some light debates.

Personally, just being able to FC some songs in Dance 2 makes a person good. Thats what i think, just because some of those songs are pretty intense.

But I'm a 1 hander, so thats all i can do.

When should a spread player be considered "good" or "better then most"?

How bout a 1 hander?

kylehaas
07-11-2007, 12:10 PM
You should consider yourself good when you can ACTUALLY DANCE.
Yeah, like DDR.

When you do any song on DDR on Heavy or challenge, thou arte gewd.

Dropkick_Pantacles
07-11-2007, 12:13 PM
haha, i dont play ddr, i prefer to look like a loser sitting in front of my computer where no one can see me rather than in public at an arcade.

My friend thinks im alright for a one hander i guess, 12 AAA's, hardest being CIA Rave v2 lmao, with too many FC's to count :S .

chunky_cheese
07-11-2007, 12:17 PM
You can consider yourself skilled when you no longer feel so uncomfortable about yourself that you need reassurance from your peers.

overkill46254
07-11-2007, 12:38 PM
your good when the librarian asks you to move to another computer so you don't completely ware out the keyboard.......

no really for a one hander....coming from a one hander you got a way's to go. Not saying your bad or anything but keep working at it. I have been playing for about a year now and I still suck compared to most spread/index players that are just average. Being one handed is like a handicap. But eh to answer your question....better than half...not most just half.

Dropkick_Pantacles
07-11-2007, 12:39 PM
yeah, but ive only been playing for about 2 months :P

after 10 more months, we can compare :P

overkill46254
07-11-2007, 12:43 PM
cool...I should be here....still one handed. see you when you get some age on you.

jellygod
07-11-2007, 01:02 PM
when i look at how good someone is id look at there average rank
1-50=godly, 51-200=amazing, 201-500=really good, 501-1000=good,1001-1500=better than average. at least IMO, but then again some people don't work on or care about there average rank, so sometimes its harder to determine.

kylehaas
07-11-2007, 01:06 PM
I'm terrible at Stepmania and FFR...
I only play them for the music,
but I still consider myself to be good because I ROCK at DDR.

winnerffr
07-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I think im good when... Well, really, always...
Even if I lose, I consider myself a winner, cause thats the way you get better at this game, trying harder and harder each time.

x So Sick x1
07-11-2007, 01:23 PM
when i look at how good someone is id look at there average rank
1-50=godly, 51-200=amazing, 201-500=really good, 501-1000=good,1001-1500=better than average. at least IMO, but then again some people don't work on or care about there average rank, so sometimes its harder to determine.

I fit into that last category. :)

And i don't think there is a magical time when you just become good. Different people have different standards for what's good and what's not. In my opinion, when you can get quiet a bit of AAA's and FC most challenging songs, you are good, but it doesn't really matter. All that matters is that you better your skill as much as you can, do that and you can call yourself good.

Serialization
07-11-2007, 02:08 PM
I have no idea

BOSS_pjpaveloffga
07-11-2007, 02:21 PM
hmm probobly went you can fc most challenging songs and some very challegeing

flipsta_lombax
07-11-2007, 02:43 PM
When it comes to DDR or FFR, AAing any song you choose (with the exception of FGO on FFR), in my opinion, will make you good.

I am not that good on DDR yet, but I am officially a 9-footer.

alster1
07-11-2007, 02:44 PM
when you AAA vbvrofl,
but then you're just good...

BzT
07-11-2007, 02:50 PM
FC ummm. Tribal Style or revivle witch ever one is in dance 2 if your 1 hander thats trickey i think idk im index

07-11-2007, 02:50 PM
As you progress in FFR your requirements on being "good" change. I remember back when i first started, FC'ing Beethoven Virus was GODLY.

Now it's more like, "You can't SDG BB evo? You suck."

I consider you good if you can AT LEAST, FC Vertex Beta without mashing, or you have amazing PA on any song below Guru.

But you're one-handed, so it's hard to determine if you're good or not since theere aren't really any indications for one-handers.

Switch to spread-newb. ;)

teh_masterers
07-11-2007, 03:20 PM
u consider yourself good when u can kick ass at any song above masters only (other wise known as when u can AAA them) or when u are ranked below 10 lol or AAA vertex BETA vrofl, lawl.

Evascythe
07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
i consider myself a lot better now, but not good <.<
2 months ago i had trouble FC'ing standard songs, now i can aaa some, and sdg some tricky >.>

CaptainKate
07-11-2007, 04:00 PM
I use one hand, and although I'm a crapload better than I used to be, I'm still nowhere near excellent. Although I think I may need a new keyboard soon.... Using one hand is hard, but I just can't seem to get into a rythm with two. :(

korny
07-11-2007, 04:00 PM
When you can vibrate your fingers so fast on a girls clitoris that in just seconds shes screaming your name. Yeh dats rite. I'm dat gud.

Bomberito007
07-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I use one hand, and although I'm a crapload better than I used to be, I'm still nowhere near excellent. Although I think I may need a new keyboard soon.... Using one hand is hard, but I just can't seem to get into a rythm with two. :(

I understand, I'm a one hand too, I've tried playing with 2 hands but it just doesn't work out for me when I play with 2 hands I suck on the easiest of songs...

BOSS_pjpaveloffga
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
When you can vibrate your fingers so fast on a girls clitoris that in just seconds shes screaming your name. Yeh dats rite. I'm dat gud.
god damb.

-Live_Free-
07-11-2007, 04:43 PM
when you can play one hand two fingers lol, thats what I do. I don't consider myself to be great though.

Unreal143
07-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I have an average rank of 390, but i still consider myself a newbie. Why? Because i allways compare myself with the best. High ambisions is the way to go :)

dummyman
07-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Korny is a one-hander, a godly one-hander at that.

Shashakiro
07-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Now it's more like, "You can't SDG BB evo? You suck."

didn't know that everyone sucks that isn't me or shark.

IMO you're good when you can FC 150+ BPM 16th streams without having to think about the patterns.

delossantosj
07-11-2007, 05:23 PM
i say you become a god at FFR when you pass vrofl lol

your good when the librarian asks you to move to another computer so you don't completely ware out the keyboard.......

no really for a one hander....coming from a one hander you got a way's to go. Not saying your bad or anything but keep working at it. I have been playing for about a year now and I still suck compared to most spread/index players that are just average. Being one handed is like a handicap. But eh to answer your question....better than half...not most just half.

but yes you do got a ways ways to go

inflames07
07-11-2007, 05:42 PM
In my opinion, there is no real line that separates someone from being good or bad. I could compare myself to someone that has played once in their whole life and be called amazing, but next to shash or darkshark I suck. It's the same for ITG, there is different levels of skills and you can only compare yourself to people that can play at your level.

Idk if that made any sense.

But to be "Good" you have to be able to read the patterns and react to them like it's nothing. I'd personally call anyone "Good" if they can play dance2 first through third (maybe even through the first 4) pages of dance 2 like nothing.

tha Guardians
07-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Just a question asking for personal opinions. I dont want a flamefest, maybe some light debates.

Personally, just being able to FC some songs in Dance 2 makes a person good. Thats what i think, just because some of those songs are pretty intense.

But I'm a 1 hander, so thats all i can do.

When should a spread player be considered "good" or "better then most"?

How bout a 1 hander?

Just because you play one handed, spread, index or whatever, that has nothing to do with what you're limited to. It's just your playing style. If you play one handed because you feel more comfortable that way or you're better that way, it's not saying you're better than any two hander. I think "good" is being able to fc Challengings without much problem.

Fantasticone
07-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I never consider myself good and I´m good.

rshadow8888
07-11-2007, 08:37 PM
I think I suck and guess what gaiz...

I really f****** suck.

vengefullangel
07-12-2007, 02:04 AM
In my opinion, you're good when you have 10+ tier points you never tried to get on purpose.

This means I still have a long way to go.

moches
07-12-2007, 03:38 AM
You are good when you can FC most Very Difficult songs EXCLUDING Take Me Back because of one-hand trills and you can AAA both TTTM and Mario.

lxDestinyxl
07-12-2007, 03:45 AM
You can consider yourself skilled when you no longer feel so uncomfortable about yourself that you need reassurance from your peers.

Unless you are a complete retard and go crazy, showing off all these misses and boos on Trip to the moon or Vertex Beta vrofl, depending how you look at it.

ActionHeroJesus
07-12-2007, 04:04 AM
i agree with shash... if you can handle faster bpm's, you will naturally be good. when you can hold a combo through difficult or higher songs with a low amount of boo's.... XD we're all good in one way or another.... its just shash has a gift none of us will ever posses, even with practice : P

spinal_compression
07-12-2007, 04:05 AM
IMO you are considered good when you can do things that haven't been done by 500 other people.

Dropkick_Pantacles
07-12-2007, 08:03 AM
Just because you play one handed, spread, index or whatever, that has nothing to do with what you're limited to. It's just your playing style. If you play one handed because you feel more comfortable that way or you're better that way, it's not saying you're better than any two hander. I think "good" is being able to fc Challengings without much problem.

But the different playing styles have different pros and cons.

for example, spread players can normally rack up higher combos due to not havign to move their hands, thus cutting down reaction time and possible missing. But, one hand players tend to be more accurate (more capable of AAAing a song, higher perfect:good:average ratio then spread players)

I dont know why people play index, i always end up lookin like a tard with my tongue out, poking my keyboard, lol.

Wootsicle
07-12-2007, 08:11 AM
But the different playing styles have different pros and cons.

for example, spread players can normally rack up higher combos due to not havign to move their hands, thus cutting down reaction time and possible missing. But, one hand players tend to be more accurate (more capable of AAAing a song, higher perfect:good:average ratio then spread players)

I dont know why people play index, i always end up lookin like a tard with my tongue out, poking my keyboard, lol.

When I played index I could SDG Rose and Blaze

One handers don't have better PA than spread players

Every playing style has more pros than one handed.

Spread/3 finger hybrid is probably the best playing style, if not just simply spread.

You're good when you've got an average rank under 500
If you don't play easy songs to find out, then you're good if you can FC songs a few pages (3 or 4) down in Dance 2, with at least decent PA.

Dropkick_Pantacles
07-12-2007, 08:12 AM
Well, in my experience, I blow spread players away both when i play against them in mutli or with them at their house in terms of PA. But, i've only ever played with people IN PERSON who have been playin for around the same amount i have (0.19 of a year, gettin bored after 40 mins lmao)

Wootsicle
07-12-2007, 08:16 AM
When you find a 1 handed player that can AAA ANY song that a spread player hasn't already AAA'd then I will accept that one handed players have better PA.. But you won't.

Dropkick_Pantacles
07-12-2007, 08:17 AM
When you find a 1 handed player that can AAA ANY song that a spread player hasn't already AAA'd then I will accept that one handed players have better PA.. But you won't.

simply because of the speed issue

sarahxjane
07-12-2007, 03:02 PM
You can consider yourself to be good when you suddenly stop one day and think, "Wow, I'm good."

skishmonkey72
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Being considered good shouldn't really matter, as long as you're happy with your skill level. Personally, I know (and don't care) that I will never be considered good, at least in the FFR community. But I will keep playing and try to improve anyways.

Bomberito007
07-12-2007, 08:56 PM
I suck!

Xiaounlimited
07-12-2007, 08:58 PM
You can consider yourself to be good when you suddenly stop one day and think, "Wow, I'm good."

I lol'ed, but that's true.

Artic_counter
07-13-2007, 12:12 PM
It all depend on you. If you know what are your limits you'll consider you good when you are close to your limit. You can tell yourself that your a god when you break the barriers of your limit.

I personally suck because I once broke those barriers and I caught a Tendinitis and I have to stop playing FFR for a while. I try some songs once in a while and I'm not that far away from the day I broke my limit but I still say that I suck.

On the other hand, I'm still good enougth to own a LOT of people (minimum:1 200 000)

rednanaki
07-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I'd consider myself good whenever I got over 100 Tier Points or am in Tier 4+. Pretty much everyone in those tiers are at least good at something :P

remedy1502
07-13-2007, 12:26 PM
You are good when you can FC most Very Difficult songs EXCLUDING Take Me Back because of one-hand trills and you can AAA both TTTM and Mario.

I play 3-finger and we never have one handed trills. That's one of the easiest VD FC's ever lol. It's only hard if you play spread. Some of the VDs, not very many, are hard for 3-finger players, or at least for me. In D2 I've FC'd all the VD songs except for Tribal Revival, and J219 Ura-Rokku (sp?) and the one next to that one. It all depends on your style.

Like I consider myself good, but only up to the point of 16th streams. If there's jumps, it has to be like one every 4 beats for me to be able to hit it. Other than that, I can't do jumpstream for s***. After I master jumpstream I'll consider myself good. Right now I have an average rank of 385.10727969349 and I think that's pretty decent.

MrRubix
07-13-2007, 01:22 PM
I consider a player good when they are able to fullcombo a song, personally. That's usually a good sign that their overall accuracy and reading skills are sufficiently up there.

ARMSBot101
07-13-2007, 03:20 PM
A player is good when they FC:

Dazzling Destiny (I got 19-0-0-1 on this!)
Kick Your A
Gradeus
Aztec Templing (Techno-titlan Mix)

And when they SDG:

Thinking Different
Destiny
Fantranstic (I 9-0-0-1'd it! Yay me!)

Ha ha ha ha ha!

ShoesBetch
07-13-2007, 03:27 PM
When you can FC anything up to Very Challenging songs and can AAA For Beginners-Standard songs, imo.

-Live_Free-
07-13-2007, 03:35 PM
I play one handed (index/middle fingers) and I can do ok. I have yet to find someone with the same playing style as me though. The only problem I find myself having is its harder to do jump streams and I get tired faster.

customstuff
07-13-2007, 03:44 PM
When you AAA a Tricky song, FC a challenging/very challenging song, and SDG a difficuly/very difficult song...

brothaice
07-13-2007, 03:47 PM
Well since you said "GOOD" in all caps that means you would have to be REALLY GOOD, so, id say...AAA Very Challenging at least. And I dont mean Carousel.

l Endorphin l
07-13-2007, 03:57 PM
DDR: When you can at least AA the 10 footers.

FFR: Average Rank is below a certain point

SM: I'm not quite sure. I've seen some people who are just...insane at this and they say they suck compared to others

ITG: Now, ITG is way better than DDR in my opinion. When you can at least star Delirium on Expert(12step) Then I'll consider you good.

When you can beat One Winged Angel, I'll respect you a bit more.

When you can beat One More Lovely, I will really respect the hell out of your ass.

And when you can beat Vertex Beta, I'm sure Evildave will drive to you and bow down to you.

remedy1502
07-14-2007, 01:55 AM
Well since you said "GOOD" in all caps that means you would have to be REALLY GOOD, so, id say...AAA Very Challenging at least. And I dont mean Carousel.

I find Carousel to be one of the hardest VCs for me :S I just can't do the patterns. Maybe it's me, maybe it's 3-finger, I have no idea.

GothRaver
07-14-2007, 02:04 AM
good is way better than me, ill get there eventually though:P

knuckles2224
07-14-2007, 08:21 AM
um when im pwning nubz...yepp makes me feel invincible...hmph

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/profile/ffrsiggy/knuckles2224/0715.png (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/comeplay/withus.php?u=knuckles2224)

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u160/Full_moon_wo/Sonic/Characters/Group/_Don_t_you_see__Sonic_version_by_Ti.jpg

im new to this posting things so lets see if this works,hmm...

windsurfer-sp
07-14-2007, 08:50 AM
Good is if you can handle D2 fairly welll. Great is more 10+ Tier points. Amazting is Tier 4. Anything higher then that is getting ever closely to Godly (AKA Tier 0).

link583
07-14-2007, 09:03 AM
When I can pass 12-Footers

spinal_compression
07-14-2007, 09:07 AM
You're good when you stop questioning if you are good or not.

bender5
07-14-2007, 12:37 PM
yeah you know you are good when you don't need to ask... i consider myself good at this game, but i'm no FFR god. Everyone thinks being able to AAA anything makes you good IMO it makes you ridiculous lol. I think you are good at this game based on what i read but compared to most people that are like godly you don't stand up, but keep it up and you'll get there too

T)r6g0n
07-14-2007, 12:39 PM
"Good" is when you can play DDR with a Stylus...

Hayden_444
07-14-2007, 12:41 PM
i would say u r good when you can fc 3/4 of songs that u play

(-_-)alan jr(-_-)
07-21-2007, 11:44 PM
Every body is considered good.Ok I admit,If you cant pass trip to the moon,You are bad,but other than that.Every one is the same.

ledwix
07-21-2007, 11:45 PM
everyone is not the same. lol.

i think you're good when you can impress a crowd. which means FC'ing easy stuff like noir remixed or tetris.

then there are the other stages of good that go beyond that, as in being good on the forums. getting a lot of AAA's, SDG's on challenging songs, etc.

freakysnots
07-22-2007, 12:21 AM
FC sensorium using one hand :o

andili
07-22-2007, 01:19 AM
:( I'm not as good as I want to be. But wai better than where I was half an year ago when I was nuthing but a nub. -_-'

Masterofpirates
07-22-2007, 03:20 AM
When you can FC Carol Megamix or Hyperspeed Star V2 at least 4 out of every 5 attempts.

Zageron
07-22-2007, 03:43 AM
I started to consider myself good when my right arm muscles started going haywire. Both of the muscle sets (Lower and Upper) for the fingers are rock solid. And as an example I can get through (after 10 hours of rest) Brain of the moon 7 times, hitting 75-85% of the notes, before i get fatigued.
Thats good for me.

Doggy dog18
07-27-2007, 05:30 PM
never

Fantasticone
07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
When your scores are noticed.

freakysnots
07-27-2007, 05:52 PM
When you beat me. (That makes over 5k people good.)

Fantasticone
07-27-2007, 06:00 PM
When you make me jealous with rage.

00Razor00
07-27-2007, 09:22 PM
OH. A one hander. Well, from a one hander to another. I'd say your good when you can least get a 1,000+ combo on BB Evolution. EDIT -- Without mashing.

uberaver876
07-28-2007, 03:13 PM
hmmm
When I can pass Vertex Beta vROFL.
I'm good :D

ninjaKIWI
08-9-2007, 09:51 PM
I considered myself good when i FCed Silence.

rshadow8888
08-9-2007, 09:58 PM
I considered myself good when i FCed Silence.

Please do not bump older topics.

MMShadow
08-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I dont, being i just get a little better each time
My PA i consider good but i cant Combo for crap and thats a huge part of your score
so i dont see myself as good all around, just my PA, and even with that i still cant AAA songs T.T

guyofgod
08-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I agree with link583, when you can pass 12-footers without mashing. Also, I don't think you can be good with one hand....or 2 unless your using the number pad....which I am sadly without.....

MilkChan
08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
I mash on some FGO songs, like pretty much all the classic ones except Piano etude, because they're just bs...but i'd still consider myself good.

FFR seems kinda hard to determine who's good or not, just look at their stats or try playing them online to find out.

BigBoss37
08-10-2007, 08:00 PM
your good when you can FC free space with 5 or less boos, and 10 or less goods

aaaonAAA
08-10-2007, 09:05 PM
um i can pass vertex BETA with a reasonable score?
good for me!
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n34/Maikeru07/DDR%20songs%20fav/AAABanner.jpg

angelofthedead
08-11-2007, 09:04 AM
your good when you can FC free space with 5 or less boos, and 10 or less goods

Not entirely true. There's different ways a person can be good in FFR. For example, a person could be good at keeping beat (at quarter notes and eigth notes), but when the arrows start to mix it up with 16th notes and inconsistent flow(ex: Horizon, Excite Bike, Samurai Road, Brightone), it could be a lot more difficult for them.

ninjaKIWI
08-11-2007, 07:58 PM
What, what do you mean bump older topics?
:'[

FlameFalco
08-11-2007, 08:17 PM
What, what do you mean bump older topics?
:'[

Don't post on threads that are a couple months old especially if your post doesn't aid in the conversation

FortyTwo
08-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I never consider myself good, because then I lose the motivation to get better.

Kind of like exercising, you gotta look in the mirror and convince yourself your a fatty even though you got a 6 pack.

Xception704
08-11-2007, 08:24 PM
Actually ...

I think you can consider yourself good when you start thinking about songs Difficult and above in terms of nerve.

When you're not that good, you're thinking "come on, let me get a good score please," whereas when you ARE good, you think, "come on, don't let my fingers screw up my (what I already KNOW to be a) good score."

ninjaKIWI
08-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Well i didn't know it was old, asshole.

Flyleef
08-15-2007, 08:12 PM
When you're ranked under 2,000.

aaaonAAA
08-17-2007, 07:48 PM
when you have over 30 skill tokens??

Shadow_Hunter
08-17-2007, 08:02 PM
AAAing Master Songs in under 50 tries. FCing specific Guru songs 20%+ of the time (Runny, Caprice).

Or, whenever you consider yourself good.

Kurizu007
08-17-2007, 09:22 PM
When ever i get past very challenging songs :(

freakysnots
08-17-2007, 09:33 PM
AAAing a Challenging song without 10+ tries.

Cj_leonine
08-17-2007, 10:10 PM
Well nowadays everyone is pretty good because there are more challenging songs available. Having the capability to easily be in the top 300 w/ your levelrank is pretty good.

Flyleef
08-18-2007, 01:47 AM
I agree with link583, when you can pass 12-footers without mashing. Also, I don't think you can be good with one hand....or 2 unless your using the number pad....which I am sadly without.....

Wow. I must be good then! :D

ledwix
08-18-2007, 01:49 AM
When you're ranked under 2,000.

a person's "FFR rank" means nothing.

freakysnots
08-18-2007, 01:51 AM
a person's "FFR rank" means nothing.

Therefore a person under rank 2000 is good cuz they whored 1 bil points.