PDA

View Full Version : Loading freezes.

T3RR3N
06-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Ive recently convinced a friend to play ffr after him seeing me play, and ive seen it happen quite a bit. But mainly to him, is when loading ffr R1 it will randomly stop on a random number, 240, 372 742 etc. Recently however its been stopping on 320k every time. It feels like a game of chance weather it works or not. He has got it working once but that was with about 30 mins of refreshing. Is there a reason this is happening or is there a simple fix or what?

Also, unrelated, in multi, sometimes once you load a song and the other person leaves, you cant unpick the song, and you cant play it in single player, meaning i have to refresh if i want to play again. Help on that would be appreciated aswell.

thanks in advance

seththelezzy
06-15-2007, 04:41 AM
Clear the cache.

Any questions?

T3RR3N
06-15-2007, 05:06 AM
Clear the cache.

Any questions?

tried, didnt work, many questions

Tasselfoot
06-15-2007, 10:19 AM
slow connection? try using IE?

T3RR3N
06-15-2007, 09:30 PM
they do use IE, but they also have a relativly slow internet connection. I understand that this fact could make it slow, but not stop altogether. Through the power of brute force we got it to work once, and then it had the bug where you cant play the song youve selected in MP so we had to refresh. And here we are.

so pretty much nothing we can do if the slow internet it to blame?

Istarikitsunelover
06-15-2007, 09:32 PM
When you try unloading any song, anywhere, I doesn't work, and you have to refresh...

Tasselfoot
06-16-2007, 12:18 AM
if slow internet is to blame, then no, there really isn't much you can do.

although, even if you are on dial-up... it SHOULD work... just slowly. perhaps if it is a combination of diap-up and an old computer. that might cause it.

T3RR3N
06-16-2007, 12:51 AM
When you try unloading any song, anywhere, I doesn't work, and you have to refresh...

yeah, thats what caused my friend to have to refresh once he finally got it working.

and even slow internet, from my understanding. It should work, only slowly as you said. Still unknown as to why it happens. The slowness of the computer, hasnt effected me, ive tried on many REALLY bad computers and it works fine. could it be a problem with flash or one of the components in the game?

T3RR3N
06-18-2007, 03:35 AM
any other possible explinations or methods to fix it?

Jilley
06-18-2007, 04:26 AM
yeh hows it goin everyone - im the friend of T3RR3N- wat has got me stumped is that, while i do hav dial up internet, ffr R2 worked fine for me.... it only took a couple of loads and it was completed... and then from then i didnt hav to download it nemore. Wen i cleared the cache, it made me hav to download r2 all the way through again, and yet it still works. FRR normal seems to be the only problem... this suggests that my internet connection may not be the problem, unless it has something to do with the multiplayer aspect of FFR. please if you hav any more suggestions lets us no. cheers

TwilightPrincess
06-18-2007, 08:57 AM
For your first problem- I have no problems. I use Internet Explorer 6 with a Highspeed Connection, and it's only ever stopped at a random number once, and it was when the server had a high load.

For your second problem, you'll notice it happens in non-multiplayer too. I don't think this is a bug, I think it is more or less a way to prevent people from switching songs at the last second.

Other than that, i'm outta help for you. Sorry! Hope my information helps.

Cheers,
Daniel