PDA

View Full Version : Combo MOD

Godnick
06-12-2007, 08:55 PM
This hasn't really been a problem for me, when I used to screenshrink. but now that you guys made it to where you can change the scroll rate, The combo really gets in the way, when your playing 2.0x. Especially once you hit 1,000, I usually lose my combo at this point because of the ginormous combo messes me up.

So I thought that it would be cool if there was a MOD option where you could make it where there's no combo in the way.

Or make it to where there's no combo, but it shows if your getting Good's/perfects etc. what do you think? Or both

I like how the combo is Smack Dab, Right in the middle!

I know my game playing would improve if the combo wasn't there.

I know this will never happen, But i just thought it was a cool idea.

fido123
06-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I agree with this. It's half the reason why I got a mod for my SM so it had a small combo. It would be nice if the combo was to the side and small. In MP it could be over the other persons area.

purebloodtexan
06-12-2007, 08:59 PM
We've had this multiple times, but it's a good idea nonetheless.

Pardon me if I'm wrong, but I think Synth said he'd consider this.

edit: Also, Fido, great choice for a quote, man.

spinal_compression
06-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I really want this. I can't get over the fact that I keep screwing up because there's a big-ass set of numbers in the way...

arelik
06-12-2007, 10:09 PM
Just get used to it. This is how I play.
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8088/combonx2.jpg
I don't even notice the combo is there unless I want to see it. The space it takes on a non screencutted screen isn't big. You will probably stop seeing it after a while.

Godnick
06-12-2007, 11:59 PM
You see, That's not the full screen though. And your playing down instead of up.

I play up, and when your playing on 2.0x Scroll Rate, the combo definitely messes me up. It's not like it's just like an images there either. You got the PERFECT! Flashing and The Combo Constantly changing.

~One~
06-13-2007, 12:02 AM
hmm. this is a good idea. i always look at my combo and get scared to mess it up. then i mess up. if i didnt have it then maybe id do better.

arelik
06-13-2007, 12:24 AM
Yes, it's not the full screen, which means the combo takes more space on the screen and is supposed to be more distracting. I don't see how playing down or up changes anything, the combo is there in both cases.
What I was trying to say is that if I can play like that, you can probably get used to the combo and it will stop distracting you. I'm not against this idea, and it would be great if it was implemented, but the combo isn't something really bad.

solopro
06-13-2007, 12:27 AM
Yeah, it's a great idea. I mean, I wanna know my combo status, but I don't want it distracting me.

bmah
06-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Not a bad idea; sounds like the option in Drummania/GuitarFreaks in which you could change the position of where the combo number is displayed. Doesn't distract me, but I guess it does for some.

chunky_cheese
06-13-2007, 12:31 AM
Maybe a transparent combo?

Godnick
06-13-2007, 12:36 AM
Yes, it's not the full screen, which means the combo takes more space on the screen and is supposed to be more distracting. I don't see how playing down or up changes anything, the combo is there in both cases.
What I was trying to say is that if I can play like that, you can probably get used to the combo and it will stop distracting you. I'm not against this idea, and it would be great if it was implemented, but the combo isn't something really bad.

Debatable, I started off just like that, where the combo is fully showing in my screenshrink. it didn't discract me, but now that I play 2.0x with fullscreen, it comes at a much bigger distraction. IT must be something that i do with my eyes, I try as hard as i can not to notice the combo, but it's pretty hard for me.

yes, same thing

Not a bad idea; sounds like the option in Drummania/GuitarFreaks in which you could change the position of where the combo number is displayed. Doesn't distract me, but I guess it does for some.

Another good idea, I thought about that too.

comptonspimp1
06-13-2007, 01:11 AM
it is not always a problem for me but sometimes it is a hasle

andy-o24
06-13-2007, 07:12 AM
Good idea, T-up. Definitely a problem for some of our users. I was thinking this through and thoght of it flashing at intervals of like 50. So, the combo's not always there, it just flashes up every once and a while. I like your suggestion and I'd like to see it implimented.

Godnick
06-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Stop crying...

Listen, I've played with the damn combo in the way for eight months now, I don't even see the combo, but I know for sure if it's changed in any way it will start to bug the crap out of me. So just STFU and get used to it. Everyone else has. What I mean by "I don't see the combo" is that it no longer effects me, I just don't even realize it's there anymore. UNLESS I look directly at it.

Yep, and you've played just as much as I have, you ranks 10 better than mine.

It might not effect some people. And it's just an idea,

Everyone else has

Support your facts

Fantasticone
06-13-2007, 11:16 AM
It was annoying at first but I did get used to it as well. I by all means like the idea but you will get acustomed to the combo thing in time.

Risking
06-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Hey, wait. I have seen this topic before!

oh yeah, in the subscriber forum about two months ago.

Istarikitsunelover
06-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I thought that it would be cool if there was a MOD option where you could make it where there's no combo in the way.

Or make it to where there's no combo, but it shows if your getting Good's/perfects etc. what do you think? Or both

I've been talking about this in MP because I'm used to screencutting where I don't see any combo or if I got goods and perfects, so I'm proposing an option of turning them off altogether. >.>

Risking
06-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey, wait. I have seen this topic before!

oh yeah, in the subscriber forum about two months ago.

I think this kid knows what he's talking about!

purebloodtexan
06-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I think this kid knows what he's talking about!

Methinks that not everyone subscribes.

meno_rocks123
06-13-2007, 02:39 PM
maybe the combo is behind the arrows?
idk it doesn't ever bother me.
now... off to FC the bitch known as NeoMAX

Godnick
06-13-2007, 08:35 PM
maybe the combo is behind the arrows?
idk it doesn't ever bother me.
now... off to FC the bitch known as NeoMAX

Good Luck. I missed the very last key on that level.

Well I think we're done with this topic, lets just move on now :)

andy-o24
06-14-2007, 06:56 AM
Lock and roll. (that was bad)

LLaMaSaUceYup
06-14-2007, 07:12 AM
It doesn't bother me anymore since I screen cut to the put that my combo is way gone, but awhile back I used to play full screen, and I would always end up looking at my combo, seeing how high it was and getting nervous, then messing up.

Not always about nervousness though, just the fast that there are big blue blocks in the way of my arrows.

Sounds like a plan.

JAMM17
06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
hmm. this is a good idea. i always look at my combo and get scared to mess it up. then i mess up. if i didnt have it then maybe id do better.

I completely agree with this, I always get a high combo and then don't want to mess it up which makes me mess it up.

soccerdude18105
06-14-2007, 03:58 PM
im bored

purebloodtexan
06-14-2007, 04:00 PM
im bored

You're also an idiot.

Godnick
06-15-2007, 03:57 AM
You're also an idiot.

Hey, Look at his post count, he doesn't know wth he's doing here, Just give him a talkin'