PDA

View Full Version : Reworking the combo slightly...

soccr743
01-27-2004, 02:20 PM
One thing I find that could be fixed is that when you get an average score for a note that is should stop your combo because as in ddr ((good being great and average being good)) it stops your combo if you get a good. That would make the game more challenging and so that holding a combo would be something a little bit harder then it is now...

-----Soccr743-----

EmperorSteele
01-29-2004, 01:07 AM
Mmmm, no.

Cuz then ffr would lose a few players, and it'd be really hard to bring in new people...

"Wtf, i hit the arrow, what happened to my combo?! This sucks, i'm outta here."

Trust me, theres plenty of difficult songs you can try if you think "Computer dreams" is too easy just becasue of how the engine handles hits and misses =P

User6773
01-29-2004, 05:56 AM
We're not DDR

soccr743
01-29-2004, 06:21 AM
But isn't holding a combo something that would seperate the scores and therefore it would not be that easy to AA or AAA any song. Also, if you do get the combo throughout the whole song it makes it seem like a greater achievement...

I understand we are not DDR but DDR has the arrows and scoring things basically perfect. They should be a model for this, but that does not mean this will be exactly like it...

How would people just leave if you lose a combo on an average note? They would not because obviously they would realize that in order to get a combo you need to do well, hit the arrows with perfect or good timing. That would make them work harder to try and combo the song instead of being off beat and having a max combo because of averages...

-----Soccr743-----

User6773
01-29-2004, 03:05 PM
DDR does not have the scoring things perfect. The 1st arrow has virtually no impact on your score. And if you get a Great on the last arrow you get an insanely lowered score.

If you made averages break combo you would be putting even more of an annoying emphasis on combo.

Privateer
01-29-2004, 03:13 PM
"But isn't holding a combo something that would seperate the scores and therefore it would not be that easy to AA or AAA"

ROFL AAA has nothing to do with averages.

soccr743
01-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Holding a combo is important but I still disagree with how it counts so much for your score as in here. Although DDR does not have it perfect it does turn out better then what is here currently for the scoring system. Chardish I do like your idea for a scoring system and also say that combo should add to it only in a smaller amount then it does currently...

So have averages break it does not really mean more emphasis on the combo, only a little if it is reworked to count as less...

-----Soccr743-----

aleco
01-30-2004, 05:06 PM
Combo only needs to be less. Also, some songs are way too off sync so it's hard not to get averages. And only two good timings? Not right if you ask me.

soccr743
01-30-2004, 06:05 PM
I think that they are working on it and no song that I have played was that off sync that I would get averages on most of the notes or even some. The only time that seems to happen is like when i am playing secret zombie room and I get 1 to 4 averages. That may just be me...

The average would count as 0 it would count as a decent hit but not help your score or combo, such as:

Assign all accuracy ratings these values:

Perfect = +4 points
Good = +2 points
Average = 0
Boo = -1 (this is because a boo and a miss usually come together)
Miss = -2 point

So the average would count as 0 towards your score not really hurting it. So I would not call it bad or good, it is just neither. So I guess it would be just two good timings but the average is good compared to the miss and the boo...

-----Soccr743-----

aleco
01-30-2004, 06:07 PM
If they added marvelous, then that would be fine. btw, SZR is just you.

soccr743
01-30-2004, 06:12 PM
Yea I am actually for the marvelous and that I would work nicely so that would be great if this could be done having that there. There might be a slight problem with the marvelous timing in the game considering flash cannot perfectly handle that timing because it would be incredibly small. But if there is a way then I am for it.

Oh I guess it is just me then...

EDIT::
If another timing rating was added, I think it would need to be a "Great," so the it went:
Perfect
Great
Good
Average

You would then make perfects at a harder timing, and you put greats at about the rating as the old perfects.

That would also be a nice idea if marvelous does not pull out...

-----Soccr743-----

User6773
01-30-2004, 09:24 PM
It's silly for native speakers of English to call marvelous better than perfect.

GregHead
01-30-2004, 09:26 PM
One time I felt it would be a good idea to have two seperate combo counters; one that only took perfects and another that accepted any hit.

That was a long time ago.

soccr743
01-31-2004, 06:50 AM
Actually GregHead that is not a bad idea, I think it is great. The only problem is to figure out how to implement that with scoring and making the combo count for less...

.5*MaxPerfCombo+Score=NewScore

.25*MaxAllCombo+NewScore=FINALSCORE

That could be one way of doing it...

-----Soccr743-----