PDA

View Full Version : settle down perhaps???

666jesus666
01-25-2004, 09:10 PM
i dont see the huge deal over getting permission to use a song. honestly do you think if you were *for example* to use a song by disturbed, that they will hunt you down and kill you? i highly doubt ANY band will ever even find out ffr exists, so why worry about getting permission?

ffr fan: excuse me david draimen, I've gone thru so much trouble trying to contact you, do you think we could use one of your songs in our game sir?

Dave: NO BURN IN HELL!!!!

yeah......thats gonna happen

OR

ffr fan: well im kinda bored so i'll just pick up the phone and hit speed dial 1 and call up godsmack.

come on how the hell are we gonna get permission anyway!??!

How about this, if i make a song using fruityloops and get sum1 to make a stepfile for it, are you gonna have to ask me permission to use it? it makes no sense to me. and even if we did use a song 'without permission' and the artist did find out, would they really care?.....no.

jewpinthethird
01-25-2004, 11:05 PM
It's called stealing. And stealing leads to lawsuits.

Simple as that.

User6773
01-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Actually record companies do get rather anal-retentive about such things.

Funny, though, because my friend's brother had his (then-independent) band's music played on The Real World on MTV without permission, without royalties, and without hope for recourse.

ultimategamer
01-27-2004, 02:53 PM
jesus, your the kind of person that makes piracy such a huge issue as it is today. Your probably the type of person that dls thousands of copyrighted songs, software, and movies off the internet causing prices to go up throughout the market. Stealing is stealing. How would you like it if you worked on something for months and spent thousands and thousands of dollars making it, and then have someone else decide that you can't make a profit off of it, steal it from you, and starts giving copies to all his friends for free, or worse money for himself. And by his friends i mean everybody in the world. I bet you wouldn't like it at all.

In short jewpin is right. Its stealing. Period.

Synthlight
01-27-2004, 03:02 PM
666Jesus666,

Please contact me through email and I will have my lawyer send over all the papers making you (or your parents) completely responsible for all content on FFR regarding lawsuits and allegations. We have no problem drafting up papers putting all liability in the hands of you or your parents if that is acceptable to them.

You really have no idea what you are talking about.

Cheers,

Synthlight

Arch0wl
01-27-2004, 03:17 PM
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

aleco
01-27-2004, 03:22 PM
Tehehe.