PDA

View Full Version : Move "Perfect" Up

Zygorf
03-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Sorry if this has been suggested before... it's my first post on the forum.

I play with the screen scrolled up and cannot see if am getting 'perfect' or 'good' when i hit notes. As such, I cannot improve my timing. If you could give us a choice of where the 'perfect' shows up, it would be much appreciated... especially with the skill tokens requiring us to AAA songs.

TheRapingDragon
03-31-2007, 12:07 PM
A lot of people play like this, but it wouldn't be fair to move it up for the people who don't screenshrink. Then it would be really annoying having the perfects up so high while playing. It would be more distracting.

As such, it's probably best to leave it where it is. Just use the auto-fail feature if you want to be AAA'ing songs.

brothaice
03-31-2007, 12:26 PM
I say leave it where it is. When i screen shrink its less of a distraction where it is.

stlunatic0124
03-31-2007, 12:37 PM
A lot of people play like this, but it wouldn't be fair to move it up for the people who don't screenshrink. Then it would be really annoying having the perfects up so high while playing. It would be more distracting.

No it wouldn't. I play downscroll with the screen rotated 180 degrees sometimes and the only thing that is distracting is the combo because you can't see through it.

GamerShadow
03-31-2007, 12:48 PM
No it wouldn't. I play downscroll with the screen rotated 180 degrees sometimes and the only thing that is distracting is the combo because you can't see through it.
Intersting way to solve the problem...

My computer can't do that... ;_;

TheRapingDragon
03-31-2007, 01:27 PM

I don't think everyone plays like you do haha, but still, if you say so. I wouldn't know as much I guess, all I know is that for SM I shrunk the graphics by 50% because they annoy me, so having them almost near the arrows in FFR would be annoying to me.

jongusmoe
03-31-2007, 01:30 PM
It's perfect where it is imo.

stlunatic0124
03-31-2007, 01:46 PM
I don't play like that normally it's just fun to futz around with sometimes. And the perfects don't bother me at all because they're transparent. However I always get messed up with I break 1000 combo and the combo basically takes up the whole screen.

Tasselfoot
03-31-2007, 01:58 PM
auto-fail.

Zygorf
04-5-2007, 01:50 AM
auto-fail does not all us to see which notes we are getting 'goods' on if say we dont want to automatically lose when we get one good. If we were trying to get a SDG score auto-fail would not help us identify any wrong notes except the last one.

There are other optiosn rather than simply moving perfect up:

1. Put an 'option' for this in the settings
2. Make another efffect... a flash or somethign around the notes. I know that when i have dark on, most perfects will make a white flash. But with dark off, the flash is simply not enough
3. All us tomodify the speed of teh notes so we dont have to speed-shrink

Thank you.

think13
04-5-2007, 02:02 AM
What is the purpose of playing with the screen scrolled up anyway?

Zygorf
04-5-2007, 01:47 PM
playing with the screen scrolled up simulates faster arrows... allowing players to take in less information at a time.

I did it cuz my friend was doing it, and it made things 100x easier for me... im not quite sure why. I cant play on anything > standard now with a full screen.

wickedawesomeful
04-5-2007, 02:12 PM
Speed mods won't come for forever. Just deal with it, they're not going to move it up.

craZ_kylo
04-5-2007, 02:29 PM
well the end-game results will tell u how many of every arrow you go-- you can just use that afterwards or play with enough room to see the top of the words and know by the colors

vvav
04-5-2007, 03:03 PM
If you need to see how accurately you're hitting the arrows, play stepmania. It already has speed mods and the smaller timing window will improve your accuracy a lot more than playing ffr will.

craZ_kylo
04-5-2007, 03:06 PM
yupyup, play the fastest song on 8X speed :D its fun as hell lol