PDA

View Full Version : FFR News Forum?

IAAW
03-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Any way that there could be an FFR News forum made on the forums? Generally just a place where you can see the latest happenings on FFR, without going to see the front page? This would probably promote helpfulness for the FFR members who generally spend 80% of their time viewing the forums. Also, I don't see how this could be hard at all to do.

Discuss.

TheRapingDragon
03-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Why would you need to put the same information in a seperate forum when it's on the front page? I know that a lot of people don't look at the front page a lot, but still, the front page is where all the news is.

IAAW
03-29-2007, 07:56 PM
I completely understand your point of the argument, but I hardly view the front page at all, pretty much never. And it wouldn't really be hard to do, yes.

TheRapingDragon
03-29-2007, 07:58 PM
I understand, but I still don't feel it's useful. I mean, the front page is the front page. Everyone knows the news is on the front page. Just start looking on it.

IAAW
03-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah, I also understand the fact that this could be generally useless. But I guess it's something to think about.

Afrobean
03-29-2007, 09:16 PM
How about linking the front page posts to the forum? I've seen this on at least one other site. Basically, the front page would display just like normal, but if the user chooses to post a comment or view the article on its own, it would redirect to the true post which would be a thread in the forums.

nestlekwik
03-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Could this be something I can tie into the events forum? What do people think?