PDA

View Full Version : im horrible

EvilStarBurst
01-24-2007, 09:10 PM
Well how do I say this, im a newbie but im not a newbie like I mainly only go on ffr to play ffr, I haven't been on ffr for several months and im getting back into it, I usually only spend my time on one website like another forum or myspace but im burnt out on that and this forum seems pretty neat, now I shall try to post more on here..." TRY" lol

howdy all!!!
well I look forward to enjoying this forum, its seems ok so far, if I dont like it then you wont hear from me =D
<3 pease and love to dance music

Evascythe
01-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Horrible at posting or horrible at FFR?
If it's the latter, read this:

I’m tired of reading “How do I get awesome at this game?” threads….

Hence my rant of How to get better at FFR

First and foremost: PRACTICE!!!!!! this cannot be stressed enough. How do you get better at football? How do you master the gameplay of chess? How does one become a rocket scientist? You practice the trade and learn about what you want to get good at.

But I’ve learned a couple tricks that, coming from my own experiences, can make your practice more effective.

1 ) Scroll the screen so you only see about half of the total screen. C300 (The speed of EVERY song on FFR is not the best way to read many of the harder songs. By scrolling up the screen your reaction time is less thus making it SEEM faster and easier to read. (Trust me it does, ask anyone that has any high score and I’ll bet you they tell you the same thing.)

2 ) Try to hit ALL the arrows. Don’t worry if you get averages, they still keep your combo going. (unlike Step Mania) Your total score heavily depends on a high max combo so hit every arrow at all costs.

3 ) After being able to Full Combo (FC) a song (or not get any misses.) work on your Perfect Attack (PA for short). It’s relatively easier to get perfects on FFR than the standard Step Mania difficulty and the more perfects you get the higher your total score. (Keep in mind that you’ll want to keep your combo over getting more perfects as the max combo has more weight to the scoring system.)

4 ) Finally once you’ve gotten a decent PA (Perfect Attack) and can FC (Full Combo) a song..... “Go for the AAA!!!” (<-- A common term sometimes said to other users) This is where you get all perfects, thus getting the highest possible score for the particular song you are playing. To me this is the only way someone can say that they’ve mastered a song. Every song has a difficulty we can work on if we’ve never gotten a AAA.

Well there you go all you new players. I hope this can be of some help to getting you on your way to becoming a better player. Remember you have to PRACTICE in order to get good, but if you can make your practice more effective, then you can become better, faster.

HOW FFR SCORES YOUR SONG

550 for each perfect
275 for each good
55 for each average
-310 for each miss
-20 for each boo
1000 for each step in your max combo
(from igotrhythm)

And there you have it.... if anyone wants to add something they feel has helped them, I’ll take it into consideration and possibly add it to my list.

Advice from fellow FFR Players:

Doug31: Find a direction that fits your style. (I.E. having the arrows scroll up or down basically.) I've found that playing down is easier than up and I've been playing up for a long time.

LinkisDoomed: My suggestion: don't just play once with one finger style and keep playing that way. I'm stuck with one hand and I don't want to transfer to 2 handed methods because I'm gonna suck at it for a while. Test yourself for a while on different styles of playing.

wickedawesomeful
01-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Horrible at posting or horrible at FFR?
If it's the latter, read this:

Psst... You forgot to say "Welcome to the forums, read the stickies and the rules, and have fun!"

Evascythe
01-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Ah, I've never actually welcomed anyone to the forums before. <.<

JasonKey
01-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Did a good job with that one ..

Welcome to FFR and the FFR Forum.

We bite, but generally not too hard ;)

Fantasticone
01-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forums, be sure to read the stickies and don't get a score better than Shash or it will be called BS.

Evascythe
01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the forums, be sure to read the stickies and don't get a score better than Shash or it will be called BS.

Until a proof video is posted!

am i rite darkshark