PDA

View Full Version : A few tips would REALLY help...

Abbas
12-2-2006, 12:05 PM
First of all, is there any difference between the green, yellow, or red arrows?

Second of all, is there any advice on how to tackle the difficult songs? I mean, I can play a fast piano piece but whenever I see a dozen arrows rushing at me at one time I just freeze up and don't know which one to press.

so?

Tasselfoot
12-2-2006, 12:15 PM
red = 4th notes
blue = 8th notes
pink = 12th notes
yellow = 16th
purple = 24th
orange = 32nd
cyan = 48th
green = 64

the best way to get better is practice.... the only way to be able to read arrows is to practice.

Doug31
12-2-2006, 01:59 PM
In shash's thread, file maintenance, it says this, which is the same as Tass' list, but with white notes as other:
4th: Red
8th: Blue
12th: Purple
16th: Yellow
24th: Pink
32rd: Orange
48th: Cyan
64th: Green
Other: White

Tasselfoot
12-2-2006, 02:09 PM
lol. let us sincerely hope we never have to see white notes.

dooty_7
12-2-2006, 02:21 PM
screencutting or screen shrinking also seems to help most people read the notes better. Look it up on the forums

vvav
12-2-2006, 03:02 PM
so whites would be anything above 64th?

Doug31
12-3-2006, 12:12 AM
Yes, unless there are some messed up notes like 18th or something like that, but I doubt those exist. 96ths, 128ths, and 192nds would all be white, but don't expect to see very many of those either, since SMs editor can't put them in songs, and I can't think of very many songs that would have any of those anyway.

Abbas
12-3-2006, 04:47 AM
I'll have to look up what Cyan is, though. (The only time I've heard that was in FF6)

I have two important questions. First, I don't see those 12th notes. I mean, so far, nearly most songs throw me blue arrows. And when it gets quicker, it just throws me blue arrows quicly, not yellow arrows or anything. Or do the notes correspond to just how much time I have to press the arrow?

The second, and more important, question is about credits. I can't get any! I mean, I earn credits and they show at the end of a song, but they don't go into my account. Why is this? Also, at the bottom of the flash, there's a bar saying "connecting..." and after a while it says "can't connect!". Is this why I'm not gaining credits? Or is there another problem?

Thanks alot.

Tasselfoot
12-3-2006, 09:32 AM
the credit issue is linked to the cant connect to MP issue... and frankly, we aren't really sure why it is occuring to people. my best guess is some sort of firewall issue on your network.

and, we have 2 different types of noteskins... flat and note. flat = all blue... which was used on all of the old files, up to about... 18 months ago. after that, we changed to note, which is what I described above, with the multi colored notes based upon the beat.

so, yea... almost all of the easy songs are older, so they are all flat. try Contra-Distinction if you want to see a note file vs a flat file. It only has red, blue, and yellow... but you should get the jist.

If you want to see more colors, try The Games We Played (part 2 is the easiest, so I'd try that).

Cyan is a light blue, fyi.

Windscarredfaith
12-3-2006, 10:50 AM
www.wikipedia.com
www.dictionary.com

Some useful sites for your future reference, Abbas...

chuckey
12-3-2006, 02:56 PM
www.wikipedia.com (http://www.wikipedia.com)
www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com)

Some useful sites for your future reference, Abbas...
wikikpedia is better by then again any one can edit stuff there.