PDA

View Full Version : FFR Level Rank Stats

windsurfer-sp
07-5-2006, 03:34 AM
Dear FFR Staff,

In my Level Rank Stats I have 15 or so songs that have a score of 0 but still have a rank. I have not played theese songs but they seem to have random ranks.

If you could please look into this it would be appricated as I really love the Level Rank Stats.

Thank You Sam

Tasselfoot
07-5-2006, 07:43 AM
Dear windsurfer-sp,

You are given a rank on them so that it "accurately" calculates your Average Rank. The rank you are given is probably very low for those songs, because if you HAD played them and HAD gotten a score of 0, that would be what your rank would be.

Basically, it is a penalty against your Average rank. I am assuming that in the near future there will be a list of the top100 players, based on Average rank. And if this "bug" wasn't in place, then someone could create a new account, AAA Mario, and be ranked #1 with an Average rank of 1.

Also, it is now an incentive for you to play those ~15 songs, so that you can improve your rank on those songs AND your Average rank as well.

windsurfer-sp
07-6-2006, 08:43 AM
Dear windsurfer-sp,

You are given a rank on them so that it "accurately" calculates your Average Rank. The rank you are given is probably very low for those songs, because if you HAD played them and HAD gotten a score of 0, that would be what your rank would be.

Basically, it is a penalty against your Average rank. I am assuming that in the near future there will be a list of the top100 players, based on Average rank. And if this "bug" wasn't in place, then someone could create a new account, AAA Mario, and be ranked #1 with an Average rank of 1.

Also, it is now an incentive for you to play those ~15 songs, so that you can improve your rank on those songs AND your Average rank as well.

Thanks Tasslefoot,

Nicely explained and cleared up, great moderation and support thank you.

I guess I got confused when i had a score of 0 and a rank of 4000ish so seemed to be a bug.

Thanks Agian Sam

ReikonKeiri
07-6-2006, 08:53 AM
huh...i had this problem too but i understood it right away. Led up to my first AAA too :). Good stuff. Too bad for most people who will run into this 90% of the songs they had not done before will end up being Easy/Very Easy/Beginners, like me. Eh, its okay though.

lightdarkness
07-6-2006, 12:46 PM
Tass hit the nail on the head.

Tasselfoot
07-6-2006, 04:34 PM
Answer'd and lock'd.

PS - <3 for LD.