PDA

View Full Version : Any good ideas?

Bittabe-be
11-7-2003, 05:35 PM
OK, so i finally took my parents advice on the whole counseling for my suicide thing so they'd get the hell off my back, and he said that one thing i need to do is to quit smoking. Now i don't see exactly how this is supposed to help me, seeing how smoking is a stress reliever for me. But i have to do what he says because :"It's for my own good and if i don't, my future will be ruined". Whatever my parents said that. I think it's crap. But anyway, getting to the point of this poat, does anybody have any good i deas of how i could quit smoking? Other than chewing bubble gum. Because bubble gum gives my teeth that gritty feeling that i jus can't damn stand.

RobbyZero
11-7-2003, 05:38 PM
Uhh is this shit for real? Or just an attention thing? If it is...fuck off ...

if not...just stop smoking period...I did it for weed and thats harder to come off of.

scorpio1690
11-7-2003, 05:40 PM
When you feel the urge to smoke, shoooooooooooot a homeless person [/jingletune]

Bittabe-be
11-7-2003, 05:41 PM
No, it's not just an attention fuckin thing. I have run out of ideas, and i need help- I'll admit that only one so cherish it.

jewpinthethird
11-7-2003, 05:44 PM
[/jingletune] = classic.

Uh...I dont know...I've never been addicted to smoking. Over the weekend, lock yourself in a room with only food and water...and dont leave until you dont feel the urge to smoke.

Or everytime you feel the urge to smoke, cut/burn yourself...although you will obtain an even worse habit from doing that...at least you wont smoke anymore.

Bittabe-be
11-7-2003, 05:47 PM
Actually, cutting and burning myslf is already a hobby, so that won't work cuz i like it already. And if i locked myself in a room for the weekend, that weekend would turn into a month. I don't think i have enough food for that long. And when get out i'd probably still want to do it anyway.

RobbyZero
11-7-2003, 05:47 PM
lol..how about just quit? lol...People are so full of crap these days...OMFG OMFG I CANT QUIT I NEEEEEEEEEEED IT.. I quit weed in what...2 days lol...

Laharl
11-7-2003, 05:48 PM
Kind of young to already be hooked to tobacco.

The best way to quit is to not hang around with anyone that has access to cigarettes. Yeah, you heard me. I'm basically saying, get new friends.
Just from my own experiences, the kids that smoke at your age have lots of friends that to, and all of them tend to be miserable. When you're around miserable people, you start to adopt that trait.

RobbyZero
11-7-2003, 05:51 PM

The best way to quit is to not hang around with anyone that has access to cigarettes. Yeah, you heard me. I'm basically saying, get new friends.
Just from my own experiences, the kids that smoke at your age have lots of friends that to, and all of them tend to be miserable. When you're around miserable people, you start to adopt that trait.

Yep...but not for me..I seem to be the only one of my friends or anyone for that matter who can not get addicted to smoking or anything for that matter...I can quit anything and start up on anything on and off.

jewpinthethird
11-7-2003, 05:55 PM
"Herb" does not contain nicotine and is not an addicting drug. "Sin sticks" are much harder to quit.

And "Cigs" are nasty. "Marry-jane" is just....well, the indians smoked it, so it must be alright.

DaynieBurger
11-7-2003, 05:56 PM
Well, if you are trying to seek help because YOU want it, that's great.
If you don't like the feeling gum gives your teeth, imagine what smoking will do to your teeth gradually! That nastey yellow look as if you haven't brushed them..Blech. With that comparison I think I'd rather choose the alternative of gum.. but that's just me anyhow. Hm, and you say smoking relieves you of stress? That's ironic smoking increases your heart rate level o_O Whenever my anxiety attacks me, nothing helps me better than DDR, so maybe you should try it to. Plus! It's cheaper than buying a pack of cigarates I would think. Anywho, good luck!

Sinjin
Here's what you do:

Carry around a book all day. Whenever you feel the urge to smoke, just grab onto the book and don't let go. You can't smoke if your hands are occuppied (or "occuppied" if you know what I'm saying....he he)

ZING! Two masturbation posts in a row!

Anticrombie0909
Enough with the 'i'm depressed, oh god save me' threads. I'm depressed through almost all the school year every year, but I'm not goin frigging nuts and wasting bandwidth. I don't want to say nobody cares but...

NOBODY CARES

Bittabe-be
11-7-2003, 05:58 PM

Actually, my close friends are the ones that don't smoke at all, and they're pretty damn happy. So, i'm also quitting to get them the hell off my back. As for being addicted-you'd be surprised.

OH, and i play DDR all the time. It's one of the things that are still keeping me sane...

eldiabo3005
11-7-2003, 05:59 PM
Whoa, dude you have issues! At least your getting help.

Bittabe-be
11-7-2003, 06:03 PM
My point exactly

scorpio1690
11-7-2003, 06:17 PM
the indians smoked it, so it must be alright

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Laharl
11-7-2003, 06:25 PM
W
Actually, my close friends are the ones that don't smoke at all, and they're pretty damn happy. So, i'm also quitting to get them the hell off my back. As for being addicted-you'd be surprised.

OH, and i play DDR all the time. It's one of the things that are still keeping me sane...Well, then, that's very good. You have a support group already.

Perhaps try to hang out more often with them, instead of maybe just sitting at home.

makaveli121212
11-7-2003, 06:30 PM
a friend of mine had a smoking problem...when you want a smoke just perform an activity that you like to do...he played ffr and sm, it took his mind off cigarettes...or you could try hypnotism...

ThunderClaw
11-7-2003, 06:36 PM
I think it's crap.

First of all, unless you give this a fair shake, you're going to get nothing out of it. You're setting yourself up for failure and you haven't even started yet.

But anyway, getting to the point of this poat, does anybody have any good i deas of how i could quit smoking?

Cold turkey is the only way to beat the habit for good. It's 100% proven. The key in it is that you have to have the mental set that you WILL beat this because YOU want to. Not because somebody else thinks its good. Because YOU want to do it. Your reasons are your own, but it has to be something YOU subscribe to.

Get the right mental set and the rest of the stuff will fall into place.