PDA

View Full Version : changing the color

chickfilafan
05-30-2006, 11:03 PM
My friend is colorblind and cant see the screen that well so I think it would be good to have the option to change the color of the background and/or arrows.

IAAW
05-31-2006, 11:24 AM
Wow... that's actually... a very good idea. It would help people who are colorblind to certain colors.

Afrobean
05-31-2006, 02:47 PM
Wow... that's actually... a very good idea. It would help people who are colorblind to certain colors. That's not how colorblindness works. They can see things, but they can't tell the difference between colors on opposite ends of the spectrum. This can be a problem if two things which are different colors appear near each other and appear to be the same color to a colorblind person.

For example, look at this:
http://sky.bsd.uchicago.edu/lcy_ref/synap/second.gif
People with normal color vision will see an "8" while colorblind people see a "3." Basically the circles which make the difference between an "8" and a "3" are of a color which appear exactly the same as the green circles around them when the person is color blind.

I'm pretty sure there are no specific instances of this in FFR. Being colorblind is a hinderence, I'm sure, but it's not like the arrow will become invisible against the backdrop of the song's background.

If someone you know is colorblind, you can try changing the contrast. I think that would make it easier to see. If not, try screwing with other monitor settings. Something will probably help.

natetheffrer
05-31-2006, 06:46 PM
I have a hard time with the party 4 u background.

Afrobean
05-31-2006, 07:09 PM
I have a hard time with the party 4 u background.
That has nothing to do with colorblindness.

The background is pretty much intended to make it harder.

lightdarkness
05-31-2006, 07:54 PM
Someone on this site is colorblind, and I'm pretty sure they can play the game just fine. I'll ask him, and see if there is a way we can improve the accessability.

JurseyRider734
05-31-2006, 09:01 PM
There are different types of color-blindness.

Faven
05-31-2006, 09:39 PM
True, there are different kinds, some people have different colors they cannot see, others just cannot see colors at all. It's a very hard thing to fix because of the many differences in this disability.

Afrobean
06-1-2006, 02:36 PM
I think a high contrast black/white note skin would fix any problems effectively.

That's something to think about if 3rd Style will use note skins.

chickfilafan
06-17-2006, 10:52 PM
My friend says he has trouble when the combo thing comes up and on soul shift he says the arrows will disappear if the go in front of the squares that go around the background. he says he can play fine on a blank background. and he can play activity unbroken perfectly.

IAAW
06-17-2006, 11:04 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooo

Then it may have been because of the background of certain songs. That may have been the problem all along!

Afrobean
06-17-2006, 11:15 PM
The shapes in the background never look exactly like the arrow though.

If your friend can't tell the difference between them, they're probably playing on a song which is too difficult for them anyway.