PDA

View Full Version : Wtf...

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 11:36 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-137331053171433969&q=Stepmania

Does anyone know this guy? I think it's bs for 2 reasons:

1. No toasty showed [assuming he had it on, if he has the easter eggs on then it was just autoplay cpu'd].

2. No judge/ini shown [maybe he has other vids he's shown it in? Otherwise can't beleive it].

If anyone does know who this guy is, then they can say if he's actually able to do that well or not.

Edit: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3021918897572015508&q=Stepmania
ROFL

Anuj
05-24-2006, 11:40 AM
if you autoplay it, your score doesn't go up, and the final results screen won't show it as an AAAA

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 11:45 AM
if you autoplay it, your score doesn't go up, and the final results screen won't show it as an AAAA

Autoplay CPU, not just normal Autoplay. Autoplay CPU let's the AI of the game play the song [like in the demonstration for the songs, their score goes up]. I'll assume by what they did is modify the AI settings so the AI will always hit marv's and nothing else. Kinda stupid because by doing that there is no toasty shown, hence pointless.

Edit: Then again, he DID manage to get a perfect on Ageha, so it must just be his ini modified then.

Shashakiro
05-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Meh. Could be real, might not be, no real way to know for certain.

No toasty is a little suspicious, but some people turn it off.

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
All we have to do is wait it out and find someone who knows him. =/

Anuj
05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
You sure know a lot about stepmania for a guy who seemed like he didn't know anything at all in his last topic =P

and I'd be able to tell if he was legit or not if he tapped louder... it's all in the keytaps =\

Bursurk_Lurk
05-24-2006, 11:53 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3477725732880748237&q=XFAD

this vid is a classic.

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 11:53 AM
You sure know a lot about stepmania for a guy who seemed like he didn't know anything at all in his last topic =P

and I'd be able to tell if he was legit or not if he tapped louder... it's all in the keytaps =\

Lol. Yeah, I couldn't really hear the keytaps either. Hopefully he makes a video showing his fingers though, that would convince me then. =P

Edit: If that is XFAD's Cynic video then LMFAO yeah, it is. XD
Edit 2: Lmfao, he wrote that he got banned from the smo forums, now that is funny. XP

Dazzled
05-24-2006, 12:01 PM
the no toasty is the most worthless argument ever :/ I have it off myself (it happened when I installed ridiculous timing)

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 12:51 PM
the no toasty is the most worthless argument ever :/ I have it off myself (it happened when I installed ridiculous timing)

Oh

Thaor
05-24-2006, 12:58 PM
AHAHAHAHAH XFAD VID XD
Vertexdude.. I think there's an Uber Rave AAAA vid of him, and I highly doubt he's legit.. But who knows.

DukAmok
05-24-2006, 01:07 PM
no judge, but looks legit

id be inclined to believe it, theres no real reason not to.

Suzuru
05-24-2006, 01:57 PM
Have toasties off as well, I don't like how they surprise me ;p.

Vid looks legit to me. I bet there are good people in SM who don't ever post here, or maybe they post on some other language site.

FFR4EVA_00
05-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Actually, the theme he's using doesn't have toasties. It just doesn't. Believe me, I've used it before.

Kles
05-24-2006, 02:26 PM
Uh, where did he get the perfect in the Ageha video?

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 02:31 PM
Uh, where did he get the perfect in the Ageha video?

Holy $*&^ he didn't get a perfect [or in this case, excellent] during the song. His combo maintained blue the whole time [which means that he's gotten all marvelous [in this case fantastics]]. Hmm.... I don't know what to say about this.

Edit: Ah whatever, here are all his videos he posted on google: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Stepmania+vertexdude

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Going to just double-post to say that I know this guy is bs, he posted a video before on smo forums saying he AAAA'd UB3R R4V3 and we all already knew that he was bs. His smo name is Shadowknot. Want to know how I know he cheats? Tell me anyone else that is able to AAA Linus' [original] My Spirit Will Go On past the mid-part with the chaos. I was in the room while we were playing it and saw that he was aaa'ing it past that, that's when I knew he was bs and that he modded his stepmania just like XFAD did. 'Nuff said, he's bs.

-Izzy-
05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
no judge, but looks legit

id be inclined to believe it, theres no real reason not to.

That is very unlike you.

stlunatic0124
05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
umm.. who cares.

NuclearShadow
05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
when i installed ridiculous timing it took my toasties away =(

sertman
05-24-2006, 03:53 PM
I have my AutoplayCPU set so it's like 3000 marvs and 1 perfect... it's fun watching it SDP MSWGO XD on 2.0x XD

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 03:57 PM
I have my AutoplayCPU set so it's like 3000 marvs and 1 perfect... it's fun watching it SDP MSWGO XD on 2.0x XD

Rofl.

skabreaker24
05-24-2006, 06:48 PM
dood he AAAA's that one song by the alphex twins all liked ahh somthing to do with mountains... crazy

Dazzled
05-24-2006, 07:44 PM
when i installed ridiculous timing it took my toasties away =(

no, really ?

Suzuru
05-24-2006, 07:51 PM
You do know you can disable or enable them in options?

Called Easter Egg.

rman91
05-24-2006, 08:35 PM
dood he AAAA's that one song by the alphex twins all liked ahh somthing to do with mountains... crazy
this confused me

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 08:49 PM
I've already disregarded the easter egg thing since that can be disabled. And also, the song he's talking about his Mt St Michael + St Michael's Mountain. Back on topic:

Shadowknot [or vertexdude, w/e his name is] was trying to make us all believe on smo that he is better than Nima [lmao] by 'claiming' to be able to AAA Linus' MSWGO. I mean come on, that's just total bull. XD

Final thoughts: He's bs. /thread

Shashakiro
05-24-2006, 08:55 PM
anyone good enough to AAA MSWGO wouldn't make a vid of himself playing easy **** like Ageha or even play Ageha at all

someone fails horribly at BS'ing

justaguy
05-24-2006, 09:32 PM
it's vertexdude from itgfreak.com. i'm not really sure if he's bs nor does he actually play sm competitively, it's mostly accepted in that community to play judge 3 i guess, seeing as no one really cared when scores were posted on a lower judge than 4.

justaguy
05-24-2006, 09:35 PM
Autoplay CPU, not just normal Autoplay. Autoplay CPU let's the AI of the game play the song [like in the demonstration for the songs, their score goes up]. I'll assume by what they did is modify the AI settings so the AI will always hit marv's and nothing else. Kinda stupid because by doing that there is no toasty shown, hence pointless.

Edit: Then again, he DID manage to get a perfect on Ageha, so it must just be his ini modified then.

:/ he doesn't play on autoplaycpu, he doesn't modify ini, and hell, the only thing you could argue about this score is that it might be on judge 3.

koushiro3
05-24-2006, 10:28 PM
it's vertexdude from itgfreak.com. i'm not really sure if he's bs nor does he actually play sm competitively, it's mostly accepted in that community to play judge 3 i guess, seeing as no one really cared when scores were posted on a lower judge than 4.

Oh.

:/ he doesn't play on autoplaycpu, he doesn't modify ini, and hell, the only thing you could argue about this score is that it might be on judge 3.

Ok.

Edit: Btw sorry for my rudeness, sometimes when I get upset I have a 'fit' and it takes me awhile to get over things. But i'm a man who doesn't hold grudges, so i'm sorry if I said anything mean.

T0rajir0u
05-24-2006, 10:36 PM
why do all of the other stepmania vids on google suck so much cock

if my computer wasnt so slow id do fraps vids of Shind Bad or RoaTFH or something

justaguy
05-25-2006, 12:12 AM
its k its just that i know this dude lol

DukAmok
05-25-2006, 12:32 AM
That is very unlike you.

not really. it looked fine to me, and honestly, its not like AAAA gargoyle is that worthy of a BS call

justaguy
05-25-2006, 12:44 AM
Holy $*&^ he didn't get a perfect [or in this case, excellent] during the song. His combo maintained blue the whole time [which means that he's gotten all marvelous [in this case fantastics]]. Hmm.... I don't know what to say about this.

Edit: Ah whatever, here are all his videos he posted on google: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Stepmania+vertexdude

actually i only went throught the movie once and he got it during one of the slowdowns, and i could hear it as a perfect. i dunno how you missed it lol.

koushiro3
05-25-2006, 12:44 AM
I guess I just need to open my eyes when watching videos and pay close attention, haha.

jimerax
05-25-2006, 07:33 AM
that vid needs better quality at least

MrRubix
06-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Hey this is Vertexdude... for some reason it wouldn't let me register the name so I used an older name.

To the primary cynic of this topic (koushiro3) I must say your logical deduction skills need some honing. I don't really play SMO nor am I Shadowknot -- I never claimed to AAA some insane song by Linus. Just because a commonality of an Uber Rave AAAA claim exists does not imply that we are the same people.

And yes, you can disable the Easter Eggs. I hate the Toasty because it is a distraction. The "blue combo" only applies to the ITG theme. The theme I use is Cyberia Style, where the combo is always in blue. It doesn't change depending on the nature of the score acquired at some given point in the song. And the perfect in Ageha is somewhere around 1:45 in the video I believe.

I'm more than happy to show the judge settings, the ini, my finger placements, the screen, the sounds of my fingers, etc, if necessary, although I think it is a bit silly for a computer game, anyway. I play on Judge 4 with Life Difficulty 4 -- usually considered the standard. Anyways hope that answers some questions.

Risq
06-13-2006, 08:20 PM
lol stepmania.

Kles
06-13-2006, 09:24 PM
That MSM+SMM video... what the hell....