PDA

View Full Version : omg another pad topic

Ardor
05-19-2005, 02:20 AM
Anyways, I am 100% serious about this topic so dont gay it just if you are one of those people who know what they're talking about give me a straight answer.

I need an insane DDR pad so I can play at home off Stepmania.

Ok so far I know Cobalt is probably the best choice but I want to know if they include a bar if not am I able to by the bar seperatly and mount it and that will work or what can I do.

Pad suggestions.
Bar suggestions.

Prices are not a factor, I want to buy the BEST quality possible.

Please and thank you,

Tsuteto
05-19-2005, 10:42 AM
Supposedly the AfterBurner pad by RedOctane is pretty good... but the person barely got it, so the real question is to how long it lasts.

As for bars... just use a chair? I dunno.

Ardor
05-19-2005, 10:47 AM
I'll hurt myself with a chair...again =\

Ghetto_Lee_Lewis
05-19-2005, 03:47 PM
You're never going to get good using the bar; I suggest playing without it. I find the game to be a lot more fun without the bar.

Get a Cobalt Flux. Don't even think about anything else. The Red Octane hard pads are only guaranteed for 60 days (I think CF are like, 6 months; they'll cover anything that goes wrong). I've heard of some problems with the Red Octane pads, but they could be rumors. Also, a lot of pads on eBay are imitation red octane pads. There's no way of telling what could be wrong with them. There's no quality control (either they could be broken, or just made crappy).

Cobalt Flux is guaranteed quality and will most likely last you a life time, if you take care of it properly (even if you abuse the hell out of it; it should never ever break). If you HAVE to use the bar, I suggest getting it custom installed, or putting it in yourself. Or you could use a chair :p

Here's the site incase you've never heard of CF. They have an entire forum dedicated to how 1337 their pad is, if you have any doubt.

www.cobaltflux.com

Tsuteto
05-19-2005, 05:07 PM
You know, the AfterBurner pad is guaranteed for 90 days, and it's more arcadish than the CF, just due to the fact that there are only four recessed buttons (the arrows).

But other than that, Ghetto seems to be pretty good... except with the bar. You can get good with the bar. Some people need to use the bar just because their balance sucks.

NightSonnett
05-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Robby...

Cobalt Flux says I.

Like Ghetto said...don't even think about anything else...or something to that extent.

Ardor
05-20-2005, 12:58 AM
You're never going to get good using the bar; I suggest playing without it. I find the game to be a lot more fun without the bar.

Thanks for that but I'm quite alright using the bar and AA'ing Max300 and everything else..I'm not a n00b, I just need a pad for at home so I don't waste anymore moneyon arcades.

EDIT: I can play without the bar too but I'd rather not, I enjoy with the bar.

EDIT2:

Some people need to use the bar just because their balance sucks

Haha, yeah that's kind of my situation only when I play without the bar my hips start hurting and get tighter and then I'm forced back to the bar.

But yeah CF it is then, I just need to get a bar with the pad or mount one on there and it's ok.

Spazzbite
05-20-2005, 04:25 PM
DO NOT get a pad with a bar. It wobbles like fucking crazy, and will completely throw you off. Also, get a USB converter instead of a Parallel converter as far as hooking the pad up to Stepmania. USB has better reaction time and is much easier to set up.

emccky
05-20-2005, 04:29 PM
jsb uses bar :o

Ardor
05-20-2005, 08:59 PM
lol ok Spazz XD

Well I was already planning on USB converter cause it's better. I'll probably buy the pad within the next month or so.