PDA

View Full Version : Is this natural?

ObTsu
03-7-2005, 04:17 PM
On the song "Prelude" by Naoki Underground (it can be found http://www.phrekwenci.com/dwi.htm <----there) I can AA it on Standard 3x speed (by hitting enter before it goes into the song and changing it there, of course), but I can't even PASS it on Standard 1x. I think it's because that many arrows overwhelm me and when it's on a faster speed there are only a few arrows on screen at a time. Will I ever outgrow this or will I always have to bump the speed up on some songs? :p

falconsfan14
03-7-2005, 04:40 PM
I had the same problem, you will deffinitally outgrow it, just keep practicing.Try reducing the speed a little bit every once in a while.

SSCUJO
03-7-2005, 04:42 PM
it is really what you are comfortable with.. i personally find the faster the easier.. and i play now at raround 700bpm...

for many popel when it is slow like as 1x the arrows become to bunched up and diffeeclut to seperate which ones go first...

so unless you practice 1x you will most likly be going faster and faster..

falconsfan14
03-7-2005, 04:43 PM
Well i must agree with ss its what your comfortable with im personall comfortable with c400 some are with 1x.

ObTsu
03-7-2005, 05:17 PM
What exactly are c400 and c200? I know c400 is slower than 5x and it seemed a bit like 3x. What does the c mean?

SSCUJO
03-7-2005, 05:28 PM
c means it is a constant bpm..

for example c200 would be a consant bpm of 200, no stops or slowdowns no matter what the stepfile calls for..

super-smashman
03-8-2005, 07:07 AM
On the song "Prelude" by Naoki Underground (it can be found http://www.phrekwenci.com/dwi.htm <----there) I can AA it on Standard 3x speed (by hitting enter before it goes into the song and changing it there, of course), but I can't even PASS it on Standard 1x. I think it's because that many arrows overwhelm me and when it's on a faster speed there are only a few arrows on screen at a time. Will I ever outgrow this or will I always have to bump the speed up on some songs? :p

This belongs in the n00b forum. EVERYBODY plays with a speed mod. Usually around 600bpm when you get good. You want to find a speed that is as fast as you can play on and always try and push yourself to play faster. Most songs are virtually impossible to play on 1x and you will need to speed it up all the time. It is usually easier to use a Cmod, which keeps the speed at a constant (hence the C) rate. So yes this is 100% normal. :wink:

I had the same problem, you will deffinitally outgrow it, just keep practicing.Try reducing the speed a little bit every once in a while.

This is a bad idea, you want it to be faster than 1x. Don't train yourself to be able to read slower rates, train yourself to be able to read faster rates. One of the hardest parts about stepmania is being able to clearly see the arrows, you need to be able to react quicker to the rising arrows.

mushoku
03-8-2005, 11:34 AM
When I started, I played 1x. Now, if I play less than 2x, I suck terribly. Yes, it's normal. It's that you (or at least I) get used to the rate that the arrows rise. Faster is better.

neogrande
03-12-2005, 10:40 AM
OMG any day now ill get a seizer wwhen i try to hit all the arrows at li8ke .5 speed.

Tsuteto
03-12-2005, 10:50 AM
OMG any day now ill get a seizer wwhen i try to hit all the arrows at li8ke .5 speed.

*smacks you upside the head* Try actually posting something useful instead of random crap!

And yeah, reading faster arrows does help. Not only with reacting, but also with timing. If you're trying to increase in faster readings, then use c-mods and gradually move up (figure out how to add your own mods in case if you haven't already). Other than that though, I simply recommend just using x mods. Keeps stops and such. Good reaction skills in my part, as well as some small knowledge.

super-smashman
03-13-2005, 03:26 PM
Seriously, this isn't an IM service! Proofread your one line responses please! I mean, come on! You put an 8 in the middle of like and didn't notice. An wtf are you talking about anyway?!

imported_Phrekwenci
03-21-2005, 12:14 PM
Having a problem with Prelude on Standard? Heavy will make you tear buckets.