PDA

View Full Version : Just a question... I think. >.>

MoonlessAngelas
01-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Oooookay, I wasn't sure where to post a question, so here it is on this board. If this is the wrong one, I'M SORRY. Anyhow, on with the question.

Alright, so I wanna listen to the FFRRadio and so I cliiiiick on the lil link up there, and my Windows Media Player pops up and is trying to connect to the server, when all of a sudden WHAM! I get the following message:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because a network error occurred. The server might not be available. Verify that you are connected to the network and that your proxy settings are correct."

Needless to say, I was bummed majorly. So, if someone could explain to me how to fix this problem, I'd be much obliged! Thankies. (:

GuidoHunter
01-23-2005, 02:31 AM
I think that just means that nothing's being played. If the radio's off that link wouldn't lead anywhere. Just a guess by me, as I don't know the technical stuff about the radio, but that message doesn't seem to signify a problem on your end.

I think this would be better suited in the FFR Bug report forum, or at least FFR General talk, but your apology is most definitely noted and appreciated.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

MoonlessAngelas
01-23-2005, 02:35 AM
Aww. Alright, thanks. I guess I should wander on over to that board and maybe poke at it with this little tidbit of information. Thanks for your thought, anyhow. Better than anything I came up with. (:

chardish
01-23-2005, 03:13 AM
As far as I can tell, FFR Radio doesn't work on Windows Media Player.

www.winamp.com

It's better. Trust me. (And FFR Radio is only really good when someone's doing a live set, otherwise it's just DDR songs.)

Afrobean
01-23-2005, 06:35 AM
The auto DJ for the radio is down right now. It's not even playing DDR songs.

http://ffrradio.com:8000/listen.pls

That's the link for the radio. Check for yourself.

vashthestampede0987
01-23-2005, 01:59 PM
Stay on topic to the thread...Afro that link doesnt work for me. Oh and yeah WMP doesn't work with the radio so go with chards suggestion of winamp.

MoonlessAngelas
01-24-2005, 12:13 AM
Okay, I just realised that I kinda repeated this question in the bug area of the Forum, and I realise that this may have upset AfroBean. Sorry. I post this not knowing where it went and it was sugusted that I reposted in the buggy thread. I did this before I realised that anyone else had responded to this particular thread. I sincerly appologize for posting the same thing twice as I am ignorant as to how online radios work. Forgive the innocent fool.

*bows*