PDA

View Full Version : HOME VERSIONS & HOMEPADS

hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
12-7-2004, 07:11 PM
The following is a list of all American home versions. Information about each version will added later on as I gather it. (I may or may not add Japanese Versions to this list aswell... but that is only if I ever get to it.) Hopefully this will end the numerous threads that are posted frequently about people not knowing which version to buy.

PLAYSTATION 1

Dance Dance Revolution
Dance Dance Revolution Konamix
Dance Dance Revolution Disney Mix

PLAYSTATION 2
DDR MAX (aka 6th mix)
DDR MAX 2 (aka 7th mix)
DDR EXTREME (aka 8th mix)

XBOX
DDR ULTRAMIX
DDR ULTRAMIX 2

Brief info about home pads to be added later on aswell...

Tasselfoot
12-7-2004, 07:42 PM
please do add more to this... good start, but i know you can have more. :)

deposition
12-8-2004, 07:25 AM
OMG I WANT DISNEY MIX!!!

dAnceguy117
12-8-2004, 05:17 PM
At the end of each home version info, you might want to list what type of people the game is best for and the pros and cons. This way the lazy people won't give up on reading it after seeing that it's more than two sentences and just make more threads about it :P

Also, for the pads, just a brief paragraph or something and then pros and cons is probably all that's necessary. The pad choice pretty much just depends on how much money you're willing to spend.

Snapps
12-8-2004, 10:31 PM
I LOVE YOU FOR MAKING THIS.

I can make some short stuff for it if you want, like reviews and stuff.

hydrojakep
12-11-2004, 09:56 PM
I know enough about ddr to help.

jewpinthethird
12-11-2004, 10:37 PM
For a list of more home versions of DDR check out: http://www.ddrfreak.com/versions/listver.php

Here is a review of the games I have played.

PLAYSTATION 1 (USA)

Dance Dance Revolution:

Pros: Eh, it is DDR.

Cons: Poor graphics, few songs, relatively easy.

Suggestion: Those who are new to DDR, and dont want to spend a lot of money will find this version of DDR just fine. It kept me happy for a few weeks.

Konamix:

Pros: Improved graphics from original, more songs than original. The best version of DDR for the domestic Playstation 1.

Cons: Not a lot of songs. Relatively easy.

Suggestion: If you are new to DDR and dont want to spend a lot of money, this version is great.

PLAYSTATION 1 (JP)

DDR 3rd Mix:

Pros: Good set of "classic" DDR songs and a good amount of difficult songs as well.

Cons: Poor graphics, few songs, requires a Japanese PS, or a modchip/swap disc to play.

Suggestion: Those who are really into DDR and want to break away from the norm will find this version game enjoyable.

DDR 4th Mix:

Pros: Improved Graphics, better songs.

Cons: Requires a Japanese PS or a modchip/swap disc to play.

Suggestion: Those who are really into DDR and want to break away from the norm will find this version game enjoyable.

DDR 5th Mix:

Pros: Greatly improved graphics, very good collection of songs, the ability to unlock songs and pictures is a great feature.

Cons: Requires a Japanese PS or a modchip/swap disc to play.

Suggestion: THE best version of DDR for I have played. No other version of DDR has kept my attention as long as 5th mix has . This version is great for all players assuming they have a modded Playstation or PS2.

---------------------------------------

That is all I feel like reviewing for now.

dAnceguy117
12-12-2004, 10:42 AM
I'll do one now because I'm bored.

DDRMAX(US)

Pros: Greatly improved graphics over Konamix, higher framerate makes it easier to look at, some very good songs, lots of songs, difficulty is definitely there, the edit mode has much more functionality, oni mode provides a good challenge.

Cons: For most DDR veterans, just about any song that isn't very good is very bad (and that would be a lot), perhaps not enough very good songs, and pretty much all songs are hit-or-miss: song for DDR vets, and songs for the newcomers.

Suggestion: For anyone that wants a truly hardcore challenge, this game is for them. The longest oni courses in any DDR game to date can keep your interest until you can beat or full combo them. Also the only US PS2 game with no horrible (in the view of the typical DDR vet) licensed songs and videos. More for the hardcore DDR fans than the other two US PS2 games.

hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
12-13-2004, 05:20 PM
For the most part any song that isn't good is TERRIBLE, lots of really crappy songs, perhaps not enough very good songs.

Not to sound nit-picky, but that's a TOTALLY biased opinion.

inuyashakg
12-14-2004, 06:21 PM
MadCatz(the cheap ones) Suck! the iner sensers move, so If you step perfectly on a note, the arrow won't even flash.

DDR Max, is the Best Version to date. But they need to make a J mix DDR, so for us hardcore Japan loves...(that be me...V.V)

dAnceguy117
12-17-2004, 08:16 PM
For the most part any song that isn't good is TERRIBLE, lots of really crappy songs, perhaps not enough very good songs.

Not to sound nit-picky, but that's a TOTALLY biased opinion.

True, but I tried to make it biased in a hardcore DDR player's view :wink: Guess I better add that in.

Chromer
12-17-2004, 09:07 PM
I'll do the review for Max 2 since I have played this game to the point of extinction.

DDR Max 2(US)

Pros: The first thing I applaud the 2nd version of Max is the number of songs and variety in the songs themselves. Nothing warms me more than playing "Days Go By" by Dirty Vegas. Also the inclusion of the all new "Beginner Mode" help n00bs get used to the fast paced gameplay. Also, there are many bgs to give you seizures with and the inclusion of Maxx Unlimited is priceless.

Cons: Of course, thats not to say that Max 2 is perfect. While the new inclusion of songs are greatly appreciated, certain songs like Conga Feeling and Secret Rendevouz seem out of place. Also the Oni mode I hold dear to my heart was taken out, which was a big n0-no in my opinion. More Konami Originals should have been added to the roster, so I'm going to have to say that DDR Max is much better songwise than Max 2.

Final Thoughts: In this humble black person's opinion, I reccommend playing DDR Max 2, and then going to play DDR Max. This version is a lot more of a step down then a step up, in terms of gameplay wise. As said before, this game is for beginning DDR fans. If you are just starting, I suggest you play this before Max. If your a DDR veteran, I highly suggest you do what sane DDR players do: Import the Japanese versions of Max, Max 2, and Extreme.

I know this sounded biased as well so forgive me. =)

hydrojakep
12-24-2004, 08:29 PM
Cobalt Flux (dance pad)
Pros: Long warranty, they like ran over it with everything in testing. Also, it's super uber sensitive. Touch it with your pinkie and it's like omg you hit the arrow. It'll last you a long time, and if you're looking for a really nice pad to last you a while, this is the one
Cons: There's no bar, but if you bar rape it ruins the game anyway. Also, it doesnt really have an ARCADE look and feel, so it'll take some getting used to. The panels dont go inward a little like the arcade pads do. Oh, and it's like 300$
Final thoughts: It's worth it, and i doubt i'll ever play on a shitty soft one again

dAnceguy117
12-26-2004, 08:02 AM
YOU FUCKAH

Seriously have me over now. I need to use it. A lot.

And I don't want to be the one to review DDR Extreme US :P Don't let Chromer do it though, as he has an unpopular opinion.

Chromer
12-26-2004, 06:00 PM
I never said that my opinion is bashing DDR MAX 2, I just reviewed it honestly and in the fairness of everyone else. If you dont like my opinion, then good for you. I'm not saying, "oh don't go buy it because this is wrong and that needs improvement." All I'm saying is that MAX 2 is good but its not great. There were many things I liked and many things I disliked. You can't just look at my review and say, "oh he's bashing this game so don't let him do anymore reviews." You should read carefully before you type something dumb.
But you are right about one thing. Please don't let me review DDR Extreme(USA ver.) If you thought my review of MAX 2 was harsh, you dont want to know what I have to say about Extreme.

dAnceguy117
12-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Did you even read my post?

And I don't want to be the one to review DDR Extreme US :P Don't let Chromer do it though, as he has an unpopular opinion.

I meant don't let you review EX, as you would say it sucked more than most people would.

Think about it. How could I call your review on Max2 BASHING? You said it was good! Mine probably would've been more harsh as I didn't like it too much.

hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
12-28-2004, 04:53 PM
Chromer's review is fine IMO (if my opinion even means anything XD) because everytime he made a biased statement, he ALWAYS had "in my opinion" or "i think" or something of the sort added to the phrase. Never did he flat out say "DDR MAX IS BETTER THEN DDR MAX WORD UP NO ARGUMENT". If you don't like the review, then write one yourself :)

In this humble black person's opinion

Pahahah...that part made me laugh, was 'humble black person' really required? XD oh well.

babybenji2004
12-28-2004, 05:29 PM
DDR EXTREME (JP)
Pro's- Loads of excellent songs for almost anyone. Edit mode that is compatible with the arcade machines. The graphics in this one are excellent and if you want you can get characters. ALL the characters from ddr 1st-5th mix are in it including some new ones and a special version of emi not seen in any past games. All the max's, including max., are on it and new oni steps for older songs like, brilliant 2 u and dynamite rave.

cons-It's in japanese and you need to have a modded PS2 or a japanese PS2.

final thoughts-Excellent game overall and its well worth getting. Modding is a pain in the ass though and you want to make sure you know what your doing as to not kill your PS2

RedOctane metal pad
Pros-Excellent response. Works great and a year later it still works even if you do take to school where a bunch of random n00bs stomp on it as hard as humanly possible.

Cons-The arrows will crack over time. You can buy replacent arrows and i have yet to buy those. It's a completely different feel from the arcade. When I first got it i was extremely let down and i hated it. I played on it for about 2 days though and it is still my best friend.

Final thoughts-If you can get a cobalt get it but this one works great. I love this and i have yet to play a cobalt though =(

emccky
12-28-2004, 05:38 PM
DDR Extreme(US)

THE GOOD:
It has a lot of cool songs like Tsugaru by De-sire, Move your feet by Junior Senior,and the Captain Jack song, Only You.It is fun and addicting. Also, it has cool minigames and cool features like the EyeToy function.It even has a workout mode!

THE BAD:
The bad part is that a lot of cool songs in the arcade version didn't make it to the PS2 version.

SUMMARY:
Overall, the game is awesome. It has 8 modes:
GAME MODE: Basic mode in DDR. This is like the arcade mode of the game. Here you play like if you were playing at the arcade.Has Nonstop and Challenge mode.
PARTY MODE:Contains minigames that you can play with or without the EyeToy.
MISSION MODE:This is the mode that you have to complete in order to unlock everything.Contains 100 objectives for you to complete.
ENDLESS MODE: The name says it all.Play all the songs without the possibility of parole,scratch that, without ever stopping to chose the songs.
LESSON MODE: Learn the basics of DDR.For newbies only.
TRAINING MODE: Here,you can practice songs you have problems with.
EDIT MODE: Here you can edit the steps of your fav songs.
WORKOUT MODE: This mode tells you how many calories you burn in game mode.

Overall, DDR Extreme(US) is a great new addition to the DDR Family.

dAnceguy117
12-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Chromer's review of DDRMAX2 was fricking fine. I never said it wasn't and he obviously stated when he was making an opinionated statement. All I was saying was a lot of people will like DDR EX US and he would say it was very bad.

Then again, since emccky's EX review was so positive, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a second review with a different opinion, would it?

babybenji2004
12-30-2004, 01:56 AM
i dunno. DDR extreme (us) has the same layout as Festival DDR. And i'm not the biggest fan of festival DDR. (i'll write a review for it later)

dAnceguy117
01-2-2005, 03:49 PM
Does anyone have that old obscure game, DDRPC? XD so inferior to SM.

Nah, if Festival DDR has the same structure, then I guess a second review isn't necessary.

babybenji2004
01-4-2005, 01:15 PM
I guess your right. I will still do short review though.I have an ungodly old demo of ddr pc and its so crappy you really want to kill yourself.

Festival DDR
Same as US extreme except different songs and festvall ddr is from japan so you need a mod chip. Also has some nice songs by, be for u (ki-se-ki)

Review well done

Chromer
01-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Chromer's review is fine IMO (if my opinion even means anything XD) because everytime he made a biased statement, he ALWAYS had "in my opinion" or "i think" or something of the sort added to the phrase. Never did he flat out say "DDR MAX IS BETTER THEN DDR MAX WORD UP NO ARGUMENT". If you don't like the review, then write one yourself :)

In this humble black person's opinion

Pahahah...that part made me laugh, was 'humble black person' really required? XD oh well.

I thought that was funny as hell Healing lol.

MilkMan187
03-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Any have the Metal blue spark v3.5 pad? if so could u tell if its good or not, cause i just ordered one.

B3NJ1
04-12-2005, 01:44 PM
Never heard of it. Sorry.

ckj846
04-22-2005, 08:59 PM
What about DDR Disney Mix?
I guess I will write a review about it...
Disney Mix is a fun, light-hearted version of DDR that will almost "grow" on you.
The addicting songs and the fun steps make the songs awesome...
They also have maniac mode for the DDR veterans... The only con being that you have to pass every song on trick, and it takes a while.
Disney Mix does not have a lot of songs, but it does have variety.
Also, dance magic is a very fun extra battle mode type mode that is relatively addicting if you have some friends over. However, the computer is merciless...
DDr Disney Mix is a fun game if you like the Disney songs and a feel of a more childish game!
O_o

debit13
05-7-2005, 08:18 PM
I kinda wish that they would add a computer A.I to play against you in DDR if you wanted to. It would bring about a unique and quite different experience to the game in my point of view. But not everyone likes to play with others...

emccky
05-7-2005, 09:25 PM
It would be stupid.. because the computer would just have to do random misses and stuff so they don't AAA every song so it really wouldn't be a challenge.

ckj846
05-14-2005, 07:24 PM
But still, they should have some sort of difficulty setting for the computer at least...
I mean, my sister got pissed off when she couldn't pass Small World Speed Mix, but the computer AA'ed it, no problem. Oh well, the game is old and they can't fix it now...
O_o

Power982
08-21-2005, 11:23 AM
if your lookin for a pad that works for your comp, an x box, and a ps2 check the ignition pad on redoctane.com

debit13
08-31-2005, 08:50 PM
It would be stupid.. because the computer would just have to do random misses and stuff so they don't AAA every song so it really wouldn't be a challenge.

Chill. J/k...

Anyways, like mentioned before there can be a difficulty setting, and it's nice to have some1 to play DDR with...even though it's an A.I... I mean, I'm 14 and an only child...I get so bored that I just lay down and wish my dull life was a dream. But i never wake up...lol.

xsoccershortiix
09-3-2005, 10:04 PM
aah! so many reviews on the game compared to the pads!

help please =D

I wanna buy a new dance pad. =]

Problem! Okaay, well, I'm on quite a tight budget, meaning I'm limited to only the soft ones, which often are quite crappy and die really fast. Does anyone have any sort of suggestion on a decent soft pad priced around, uh, $100 or less? Yes, less would be good. =] I don't have the money to pay for some wicked awesome arcade style one...

Ideas? :D

B3NJ1
09-15-2005, 03:09 PM
Update on RO metal pad(not afterburner)

I've been using this pad for about 2 years now and it's about gone. all the arrows are cracked and hitting fast streams is near impossible. Great for DDR but not recommended for anything with fast streams (ITG stepmania)

oh, and check this out http://www.digitalpraise.com/dancepraise.html

B3NJ1
09-23-2005, 05:42 PM
I'm going to assume this includes other bemani/music games as well

Taiko no tatsujin (psp) (Taiko drum master)

pro-Overall fun. Great mini games and decent song selection. Easy to adapt to using different buttons. It has Katamari On The Rocks and Lupin III 78.

cons-As we saw in the american version, no edit mode. I'm not sure if they included it in later version for PS2 but it's not in the psp. Also, go to gamefaqs and download a save file. You CAN unlock a challenge mode that is actually challenging and fun.

Final-Fun game and the only music game for PSP so far. I would say buy it if you need something to do in the car and probably worth the money. 3.4/5

Drum Performance (drummania controller)

Pro-Works good with some simulators. You need a ps2 adapter though. It DOES work with DTXMANIA.

con-For those who play only in the arcade, it is a completely different feel, the drum sticks that come with it are plastic pieces of garbage. I would highly reccomend buying your own (I have Vic-Firth and they work great, nylon tips are a must have). The low-tom is set weird too and it takes a little while to get used to.

Final-Cheap and works well. Good buy. 3/5

EDITED

Eyoshi
10-2-2005, 02:53 PM
I haven't tried the online feature, but I feel that I've played enough of the non-online part to make a review, and I think the non-online part is the most important matter of judging a game:

DDR Extreme 2

Pros: Possibly one of the best songlists to appear in an U.S. version ever. It has tons of new Konami Original content, such as 2 Naoki feat. Paula Terry songs, and Seduction. Songs seem to be unlocked faster than in other versions, allowing you access to what you want faster. BG graphics are updated. The Dance Master mode has a lot of objectives, and reflect more on overall playing skill (as opposed to one such as "Get 0 points"). There are lots of unlockables in the game, ranging from songs, courses, alternate characters, noteskins, 3 new modes, and even more missions. Newcomers can also get into the game, and for the most part, the remakes of classic pop songs don't sound bad (Ex: Genie in a Bottle. I thought I was going to hate it, but I don't.) Some of the new songs also feature Challenge difficulty stepcharts. :)

Cons: Most of the Konami Originals are locked at the beginning. They kept the Extreme US scoring system. :'( The Perfect timing window is a bit looser than Extreme US, which is a con in the sense that the challenge is somewhat reduced from other people's point-of-view.

Overall: A solid game that is an excellent addition to the PS2 series of DDR games. It caters to all types of players, and it is very fun to play, despite a few flaws. 4.5/5

_zippy_
12-3-2005, 12:56 PM
bluespark metal dance pad

it looks something like this:
http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/22001054/Images/2/ps2metal.JPG

pros: great if your starting out,this pad is only about 80$ compared to the 200-300$ the other ones cost. even though its only 80$,its still made well enough to play with your shoes on if you take good care of the pad.

cons: the bottom line is,this pad SUCKS if your serious about DDR,i had this pad for 2 damn months and the fucking thing broke. plus,the controller part (the start&select button)you have to hook on seperatley,it isnt attached on,so it can come unplugged during gameplay.

the bottom line is,if you are a beginner at ddr and think you'll be doing those easy songs for more than a year,this pad is for you. but if your serious about DDR like i am,you should save up for something like an iON dance pad.

dAnceguy117
12-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Does anyone have a good recommendation for me? I'd like a metal pad that's as cheap as possible that will still fit my needs. However, my needs are for the pad not to break when I'm playing really hard stuff. I might be hooking this up to the computer and playing keyboard sims, so it needs to be durable enough to withstand that kind of stuff.

The price shouldn't be the deciding factor unless the pads being decided on are very durable. Note when I say keyboard sims, I mean I'm probably going to hit 16ths at ~170 BPM at some point. Yes, I mean with my shoes on. Please don't post anything that will break under the circumstances. I'm willing to go as high as I need to.

Thanks. :)

B3NJ1
12-28-2005, 07:32 AM
I need a cheap DDR pad that works good

Doesn't exist. However...

Cobalt Flux

Pros

Has nine sensors on the pad (up, down, left, right, center, upleft, downleft, upright, upleft) so you can play pump it up (stepmania, kickitup, not ps2) or techno motion (I saw a simulator somewhere). The arrows are unbelievable. It's much easier to hit long 16th streams at high BPMs. On my redoctnce pad, I couldn't get into the first stream on Quasar. With this pad, I can get to the first slowdown with the 4th notes. Works awsome for pump as well. Read the owners manual first because you have to do a little modding to activate the center panel.

Cons

rofl

Overall-
5/5, amazing skill leap in the past 3 days that I've had it. Works awesome. Wouldn't trade anything for it.

knn32
02-1-2006, 11:17 AM
o00os i have all of them besides disney mix!! aahhh lol

Zarbon
02-1-2006, 11:27 AM
can anyone name a good pad i could get, preferably metal, that would also be about 150$ to 200$ and where?

olsen726
06-1-2006, 06:13 PM
can anyone name a good pad i could get, preferably metal, that would also be about 150$ to 200$ and where?
get a redoctan ignition, they are not metal, but they are great, i have 2 of them

FFR4EVA_00
06-2-2006, 01:37 PM
Second review for DDR Extreme 2:

THE GOOD:
Most of the cool songs that were left out of DDR Extreme were put in this mix, notably some of the harder songs like Sakura, Daikenkai, and PSM (o snap). There are some great new Konami originals, such as two new Naoki songs and Polovstian Dance and Chorus (with one of the coolest bg movies ever). Dance Master Mode covers everything from complete n00bs to the true experts. Also, there are tons of cool unlockables in this.

THE BAD:
Some of the backgrounds movies bug me, especially the one for Orange Lounge for some reason. For veterans, Dance Master Mode is a bit annoying because you have to beat all of the easy-as-hell stages before getting to the real challenges. Those who don't know how to unlock songs are pretty much stuck.

OVERALL:
Good for beginners and veterans alike. Certain features will bug certain people, but that's the same with everything. It's not perfect, but it's close. 9/10

This may be a bit biased but this is the best review I can make.

Fimbulvetr
06-3-2006, 03:58 PM
get a redoctan ignition, they are not metal, but they are great, i have 2 of them

RO ignition 3.0s break...FAST... They're like 15-30$ (after shipping cost) on ebay, and most of them come in like new condition. 2.0s are much better, if you get an old 2.0, the foam is much denser.

DONT BUY ONE from redoctane.com, its not worth your 80$.

I heard that Afterburners are pretty good, so i guess you could go for that.

sjoecool1991
06-8-2006, 10:26 PM
There is also the Tx6000 pad, the best deal for it is on lik-sang.com, here is the link.
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=237&products_id=8081&

xJusTaLiLGuYx
06-8-2006, 11:51 PM
Ooh ooh I wanna do a review

Red Octane Ignition 3.0 (PS2, XBox, PC)

Pros:
It's compatible with 3 different consoles, so its good for pretty much anything you want to play. The material is really tough, so it doesnt rip easy.

Cons:
For $80, this thing is a piece of crap. The arrow inserts that raise the arrows slide towards the middle after a while (it took a day for me, but I played stuff like Delirium). This makes it very uncomfortable to play on, and you have no idea where the arrows are. The pad slides around very easily, the bottom material sucks.

Overall:
2/5 I would only suggest buying it if your at Light-Standard (Easy-Medium). If you're going to be doing some tough songs, this pad isnt for you.

Fimbulvetr
06-9-2006, 12:51 PM
Red Octane Ignition 2.0 (PS2, XBox)

Pros- much much better than the ignition 3.0, especially if you have the old version of the pad, which has even considerably better padding than the normal one. Very cheap on ebay (20-25$, including shipping, and they generally come in like new condition). No empty space in between the zipper and the foam, so that the foam doesnt move around and rip the thin plastic layer above the foam as easily.

Lasts MUCH longer than the 3.0.

Cons- the thin plastic layer above the foam will eventually rip if you play 8ish difficulty and higher. That can be solved by taping the rips though. The outside of the pad also rips after heavy use. The raised inserts curve in after lots of playing.

Overall- a good pad even if you pay the full price for it, unlike the 3.0. Quality of the pad is very good, and is quite durable. It works well for all ddr stuff, even for PSMO and stuff. 4/5

pts69666
06-19-2006, 11:07 PM
well if you want to dl the home versions of the games, you can try to get into www.bemaniso.ws and dl the torrents, i got banned for going on vacation and one rule of the page is to not tell ne one bout it, but im not a member ne more so fu*k their rules!!!!! :P F U C K you sherl0k

they got everything on that site. they have a modified itg that has all the ddr mixes built in and it has all the us and jp mixes. i got lucky and finished extreem jp and it rocks i love max.(period) it is the best max of all time best mix of all time

pts69666
06-19-2006, 11:10 PM
red octaine suck i got one and it died in 2 months 100 down the drain now i got a metal pad for $120 and it works beutiffuly i got it at amazon.com

Schizophrenic_Messiah
07-22-2006, 01:41 AM
So Today I bought a dance mat and DDR Extreme 2

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005V4NS.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64257234_.jpg

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0009Z3K12.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V64839710_.jpg

What are your experiences with these items?

B3NJ1
07-26-2006, 03:25 PM
My friend hsa the top one and they're ok. They move around a little but I was still able to pass 9s and 10s with it. For DDR extreme 2, that pad should work great.

Pichu_XP
07-26-2006, 03:49 PM
How about the Coblat Flux ones, are they any good?
Oh, nevermind, I don't have $300...

FFR4EVA_00
08-3-2006, 05:43 PM
I have one of those dance pads. I hated it. Too slippery, the sensors moved around at times (especially the up pad), and overall, it was freaking horrible. Use it on Light mode. Anything else and it'll screw up after a few weeks.

_zippy_
08-3-2006, 11:36 PM
Can anyone give me a non-biased review of the metal iON pad please? I got it for my birthday 2 months ago,and the bar is coming loose,and the padding underneath is coming off,I really need to make sure its not just me.......and if it wouldn't be too much trouble,could you compare the iON and pro iON pads please? I want to know if I should sell my normal one to get a pro one......thanks!

edit: I know this is a stretch,but......is there anything BESIDES a machine that is better than an iON pad? I have a feeling I'm going to be cursing my brains out a year from now from a broken 300$ pad..........

angel_12345
08-4-2006, 12:18 PM
There's also DDR Mario Mix for Gamecube. I have it and it's a pretty fun game.

_zippy_
08-6-2006, 01:33 AM
There's also DDR Mario Mix for Gamecube. I have it and it's a pretty fun game.

Yeah,its pretty fun,but the only hard song is bowsers castle,and thats only if you do it on oni. Every other song is too easy.

taco249
08-9-2006, 08:45 AM
i wish i had ddr max again, i dont know why i sold it, it had sandstorm and other cool ones, good thing supernova is coming out, i hope it has every hit song,for some reason ultramix 3 had some good songs, but i dont own a xbox pad.......*sniffle*

ddr_f4n
08-9-2006, 11:30 AM
anyone knows if u could get these kind of pads for PC or xbox?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7654581940229311024

Hr2
08-9-2006, 03:17 PM
I just bought a cobalt flux, i'll tell you how it is when it arrives.

ClAsSiC_RoCkEr
08-17-2006, 11:58 PM
home pads suck in general... i wore out 7 pads within the course of a year.

inpurity
08-22-2006, 02:29 PM
you forgot extreme 2 on the list for ps2..and your missing some games for gamecube like ddr mario..:P

Evascythe
09-13-2006, 04:38 AM
Someone do a review on Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix 3 for the X-Box console please. <3

spinmecrazy
10-5-2006, 10:06 AM
well, there are ups and downs. I don't have much money so i stick to home,and they are soft mats UNLESS you go buy the street mats or the metal ones. And THEn when you go to the arcade you have to STOMP (if it sucks..yeah) so anyway its all ddr in the end, its just the arcade machines put you in the groove but, it wears you out a bit faster than at home..so yeah .

Coca Cola
12-1-2006, 12:28 PM
http://xbox.ign.com/objects/748/748608.html

Scroll down for some reader reviews.

zero1dude
12-4-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm going to do a review for DDR SuperNOVA! :-D
-------
DDR SuperNOVA

Pros: A good selection of songs next to EX2, in my opinion. It has a great theme. No repeats from previous mixes, too.

Cons: Stellar Master Mode is just frustrating in "The Last", BGAnimations are gone and replaced with sulky characters dancing in cubes (but some characters got great new looks), strict timing may be tedious with newbies.

Summary: SuperNOVA has more cons than pros, but I recommend it for any hardcore DDR fan. If you're a beginner, go for EX2. Anyways, SuperNOVA apparently has a large selection of hard songs. 7.5/10.

Ryu*
12-6-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm going to do a review for DDR SuperNOVA! :-D
-------
DDR SuperNOVA

Pros: A good selection of songs next to EX2, in my opinion. It has a great theme. No repeats from previous mixes, too.

Cons: Stellar Master Mode is just frustrating in "The Last", BGAnimations are gone and replaced with sulky characters dancing in cubes (but some characters got great new looks), strict timing may be tedious with newbies.

Summary: SuperNOVA has more cons than pros, but I recommend it for any hardcore DDR fan. If you're a beginner, go for EX2. Anyways, SuperNOVA apparently has a large selection of hard songs. 7.5/10.

Yeah, I agree, but I hate how there is Stellar Master Mode and Dane Master Mode, so frustrating.

I miss how you can just 3-4 songs, then you earn a song, just way more simple.

TN_Sasuke
12-9-2006, 10:43 AM
The following is a list of all American home versions. Information about each version will added later on as I gather it. (I may or may not add Japanese Versions to this list aswell... but that is only if I ever get to it.) Hopefully this will end the numerous threads that are posted frequently about people not knowing which version to buy.

PLAYSTATION 1

Dance Dance Revolution

PLAYSTATION 2
DDR MAX (aka 6th mix)
DDR MAX 2 (aka 7th mix)

XBOX
DDR ULTRAMIX
DDR ULTRAMIX 2

must be old.
----------------------------------------------------------
UPDATES(since then and as far as i know)
PLAYSTATION 1

Dance Dance Revolution

PLAYSTATION 2
DDR MAX (aka 6th mix)
DDR MAX 2 (aka 7th mix)
DDR (EYE TOY)
DDR EXTREME 2 (aka 9th mix?)
DDR SUPERNOVA

XBOX
DDR ULTRAMIX
DDR ULTRAMIX 2
DDR ULTRAMIX 3
DDR ULTRAMIX 4

GAMECUBE
DDR: MARIO MIX
----------------------------------------------------------
Do games like Guitar hero, ITG, Karaoke Party, etc. count?

wickedawesomeful
12-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Ha. I only have DDR Max 2.

CR_fLiP_fOaM
01-1-2007, 06:20 AM
yeah ITG's should count.. if not.. then.. u guys suck in feet

onewingedangel99
01-11-2007, 07:11 AM
i got that old disney mix with this old pad it looks so weird

weeeeeee
03-1-2007, 08:40 PM
Haha..Karen..good ol cousin of mine..... Anyways. Yeah i got most of those old and new games.

pretty_girls_make_graves
03-1-2007, 09:18 PM
do any of you know of this company/their pads
http://www.ddrgame.com/dance-dance-revolution-champinfor.html
looks decent but i jsut stumbled upon their site so i dont know much bout em.
and is the cobalt better than the pro ion?
the pro ion looks nice with bar and everything but,
i've heard alot about cobalts's and hardly anything negative,
any help would be appreciated.

Biff_tech
03-1-2007, 09:25 PM
wow cause those were not uber bumps at all...

ForWhomtheBellTolls
03-2-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't have the intention span to thumb through the thread, like most other Americanss... but did anyone review DDR Super Nova, XBOX I think, but my friend said she has it for PS2... whatever. If no one reviewed it, please do, I'd appreciate it!

-Moo-
03-3-2007, 09:48 PM
Like my D.D.R pad?
http://i14.tinypic.com/332aqyv.jpg
I made it myself!

ForWhomtheBellTolls
03-5-2007, 10:21 AM
Ha. I only have DDR Max 2.

I only have DDRMAX, the 1st one, but hope to get the 2nd... glad I started with MAX, but I'm still a newbie, kinda. Plus, I'm kinda blind, so I think I do pretty well for myself...

BzT
03-5-2007, 10:49 AM
Home Sucks!

PDOGG of 916
03-16-2007, 03:23 AM
Home version are "OK", but the home pads are just lame. I need to get a Cobalt Flux and fast! I can't stand not playing DDR for a certain amount of time.

Hoopi
03-22-2007, 04:03 AM
Hi everyone! I'm hoping someone here can help me decide which pads to buy. I've had RedOctane Ignition pads for around 5 years, but one of them gave out the other day. >.<; I'd really like to buy a set of metal pads this go around, especially since I've taken to playing for at least several hours a day. I'm looking to spend around $300 or less for two pads of at least fairly high quality. Any recommendations?

Also, does anyone have experience with the Blade Lite or Ninja Lite pads found HERE (http://www.ddrlive.com/index.php)? Those are within my price range, but I'd love to read a review on the quality of the pads! Thanks in advance!

DaRkLoTuS666
04-6-2007, 04:50 PM
ok.. we need some xbox games here people..

Ultramix for Xbox console:

Pros: It has a lot of songs from the arcade including healing vision and healing vision (angelic mix), max 300, dxy!, a few paranoias i cant remember which ones, dive, sweet sweet love magic, and i know theres many more but i dont feel like turning on my xbox and checking. theres some fun new songs too like castles in the sky and ready steady go.. they have good steps and are a lot of fun to play from light to heavy.

Cons(uh oh): well lets see.. the background is annoying, the dancers jumping around the sreen is distracting and the announcers voice is very VERY irritating. its like louder than the music and i hate it. the pads that come with it suck.. my suggestion for a pad is to get a $40 hard foam mat that looks like puzzle pieces that u put together and put it inside the mat and zipper up.. but it does slide with most carpets and all hard floors so if u want it not to slide is get a piece of griptape like on skateboards and fold it up and put it under there.. DO NOT DO THIS ON HARDWOOD FLOOR! IT WILL SCRATCH IT AND YOUR PARENTS WILL BEAT YOU SENSELESS.. TRUST ME ITS HAPPENED TO ME BEFORE lol..

overall its a good game and i use this to warm up for a competition i goto every wednesday at a local bowling alley. (i hope my competitors dont go through the ulramix songs to see what ill pick.. shh its between us =) )

oh and btw.. the way to unlock max 300 is really gay u have to select roulette and land right on it.. but it took me like 3 tries to get it its not that hard.

i never played umix 2 sry.. so ill skip to.....

Ulramix 3 for Xbox console:

well... where to start..oh yeah..

Pros: well.. theres not many but.. ehh what the hell it has the legend of max and sakura... 2 pluses umm and it does have some original songs like daikenkai and butterfly lol and what else.. u can unlock himawari and brilliant R.E.D and there both new songs on supernova.. i use them for tourneys..(shh its between us again) and there is a really fun song called guidecca thats unlockable and has a 10 step oni that is a lot of fun.. ok my bro just walked in and called me a nagger.. (random) neways the online is a lot of fun but what sucks is u have to play on 1x for every song which makes me squint my eyes as i play.. and i use to take a card boardbox and half screen like on ffr lol. the last pro is that instead of having to unlock the songs theres and easy way to do it.. goto options then credits and there will be a little minigame where u just step on the arrows that come up one after another and all u have to do is step opposite of whats there..(for left arrow step right up step down etc.) and if u complete the first wave like that u unlock all of the songs including TLOM, guidecca, himawari, brilliant R.E.D, etc.

Cons: once again the ultramix series doesnt fail us by putting in gay backrounds and gay characters. i have to say the announcer isnt bad this time around but it gets annoying hearing "100 COMBO! 300 COMBO! YOU ARE SUPREME!!" its gay. but the new songs are really gay like rock lobster, mi alma, istanbul, and the gayest song of all time becides crazy in love is i just wanna live by good charlotte.. IT MAKES ME WANT TO STICK A SHOTGUN IN MY MOUTH, **** IT, THEN PULL THE TRIGGER!!! AHH I HATE IT!!!!!.. but becides all that its good..

overall the game is bad if your practicing for the arcade but it is good to get better at the legend of max..

never played umix 4..sry again.. but i have played....

DDR Universe for the Xbox 360 console.

Pros: ok there arent many but lets see what is good about it.. it has online leaderboards, some good new songs like tsugaru or-if-is mix, GO! by the famous DM Ashura, Grandolin, and HOT LIMIT, but thats about it..

Cons: ok.. i need a cig break before i type all this brb......
ok back neways it sucks.. the backrounds make the arrows literally lag.. like in every song.. and it has gay new songs with ****ty steps like 8-bit which is a good sounding song and i made an edit for it the night i got it. but theres other gay ones like dont play nice, bongo, and run it by chris brown.. gay.. not for ddr... chris brown+ddr= utter confusion of why u spent 80 bucks for ddr universe plus crappy usb pad that doesnt even work for stepmania. and another thing.. the online is terrible.. the leaderboards only work in a ranked match and NOBODY is ever in those and when they are they play like light. and the pad doesnt have a headset port so u cant request songs or nething.. and you cant tell if someone is playing pad or controller. i absolutely hate the game and others might disagree but from a person thats been playing ddr for 3 years.. it sucks.

overall the game sucks.. do not waste your money on this game save it for an itg2 dedicab XD

DaRkLoTuS666
04-6-2007, 05:23 PM
Like my D.D.R pad?
http://i14.tinypic.com/332aqyv.jpg
I made it myself!

lol does it work?

hoochan
04-9-2007, 02:13 AM
blah blah blah nagger blah Reason: cuz hoochan will yell at me if i double post =*(

You ****ing double posted you dip**** >:O Anyway, now I know your secret songs for the tourneys :)

DaRkLoTuS666
04-15-2007, 02:46 PM
You ****ing double posted you dip**** >:O Anyway, now I know your secret songs for the tourneys :)

u never goto the tourneys neways dinkle nuts.. and u cant beat my score on brilliant R.E.D ull never dream of AAing it

DaRkLoTuS666
04-15-2007, 03:11 PM
In The Groove for Playstation 2(more like DDR vs. ITG but w/e)

A game developed by ROXOR in attempts to somewhat immitate Dance Dance Revolution, but making the game harder. They have mines in the game so when you step on them you lose a lot of you're life bar. They added harder steps(11, 12, 13's). And another addition is the fail at end option which allows you to play out the rest of the song even after you fail, but if my memory serves me correctly if you get 30 misses in a row you fail and the song ends, but you can manage to step before 30 misses right? Tired of trying to figure out the confusing DDR scoring? Well ITG has made it simple. It is simply a percentage score that you get instead of a big confusing number. The only thing confusing about itg is the ranks.. the have quad star, 3 star, 2 star, star, S+, S, S-, A+, A, A-, etc. If your coming from playing DDR so long this may seem confusing, but after a while it will make a lot of sense. Oh yeah and another thing.. You know that you can add marvelous timing onto ddr home versions but in the arcade the only way to use marvelous timing is in challenge mode or nonstop mode. ITG on the other hand.. they have "Fantastic" timing which is always there home versions and all arcades have it.
Look at it like this

DDR_______________ITG
Marvelous________Fantastic
Perfect___________Excellent
Great_____________Great

and i think its all the same from there.
And the last pro of ITG... you know when you play a ddr song and at the end u have lets say a 300 combo.. and most people are proud of their combo and want to keep it.. but on ddr it goes away after each song.. Well on ITG you can keep your combo unless of course you miss step and lose it. Ok i lied.. this is the last pro of ITG. You know how you can goto workout mode on itg and ddr games.. well if youre like me you take it easy on the home pads and give it all youve got at the arcade.. well ITG has a new feature in its dedicated cabinet machines.. with a USB flash drive you can save your name, high score name, screenshots of scores, and youre combo with a dinky little flash drive. but thats not all. It keeps track of how many calories you burned each day.. It's very neat considering you cant do that at all on a DDR machine.. the only problem is that DDR machines are everywhere you turn.. but ITG machines are a little bit harder to find so take advantage if you live near an ITG machine and dont ever let them get rid of it.

Cons of ITG:
The pads that come with the game suck ass. and thats about it

Overall, ITG is a great game all in all.. hell i took my itg game to my grandfathers house for easter and had my whole family playing it.. its great for family gatherings and has songs that people understand instead of jap crap songs on DDR that older people hate cuz they cant understand it. theres no flashy backrounds, annoying announcers, and crappy characters in ITG.. just straight up playing. So go spend 50 dollars for In the groove home version and have a blast! just make sure u get decent pad if you ever think about getting serious.

seththelezzy
04-22-2007, 07:02 PM
OMG I WANT DISNEY MIX!!!

No you don't...

weeeeeee
06-4-2007, 07:12 PM
Haha, i can't believe this thread is still intact! My cousin made this, but she hasn't been on for 3 years :p

QUAZER_MAN
06-28-2007, 01:35 PM
No you don't...I agree :roll:

xiDarkx
09-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I have Konamix, Max, Extreme 1 & 2, and SuperNOVA. Soon I'll have SuperNOVA 2. :)

I don't like ITG. It's weird, DDR has way better songs.

Dark Ronin
10-17-2007, 08:38 AM
DDR rocks. I have supernova and I love it. The pads do suck, but I bought a new one that actually stays where its supposed to and now it rocks again.

Djay
11-24-2007, 02:37 PM
i have a crappy soft pad ><

ddrmaxextreme2
12-2-2007, 12:30 AM
I have Konamix, Max, Extreme 1 & 2, and SuperNOVA. Soon I'll have SuperNOVA 2. :)

I don't like ITG. It's weird, DDR has way better songs.

not top brag or anything but i have max, max2, extreme, extreme2, SuperNOVA, and SuperNOVA 2. I had DDR SuperNOVA 2 3 days before it came out because I special ordered it so id get it 3 days earlier.

gabgabo
12-9-2007, 04:11 PM
I have Hottest Party.

nenuco
12-15-2007, 04:00 PM
I have Hottest Party. hey!!!!!! wat zap homz

sunsetlitesx3
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
I have Hottest Party.

Hey, what do you think of it? i've been thinking of getting it...should I?

taco249
01-10-2008, 06:03 PM
bump

eric25
02-15-2008, 12:24 AM
does anybody know about the RO afterburner pad. and i dont want to hear "get a flux because they are so good". if i could i would but i dont have that kind of money right now. it seems that the afterburner has everything that i would want but i want some user reviews

Tranceformer
04-21-2008, 08:15 PM
PS1
DDR 4th Mix
DDR 5th Mix
DDR Best Hits
DDR Disney's Mix
DDR Extra Mix
DDR Konamix

PS2
DDR 6th Mix
DDR 6th Mix USA
DDR 7th Mix
DDR Extreme
DDR Festival
DDR Party Collection
DDR Strike
DDR SuperNOVA JAP
DDR SuperNOVA USA
DDR SuperNOVA 2 JAP
DDR SuperNOVA 2 USA
DS Fever
DS Fusion
DS Max
DS SuperNOVA

X-Box
DDR Ultramix
DDR Ultramix 2
DDR Ultramix 3
DDR Ultramix 4
DS Unleashed
DS Unleashed 2
DS Unleashed 3

X-Box 360
DDR Universe
DDR Universe 2
DS Universe

Psifox
06-14-2008, 01:14 AM
Im building a metal pad. Right now ive got a crummy soft pad, and the only way to possibly squeeze out a 9 or 10 footer on that thing is to Duct tape it to the floor :P

Tranceformer
06-20-2008, 01:10 AM

PLAYSTATION 1

Dance Dance Revolution

PLAYSTATION 2
DDR MAX (aka 6th mix)
DDR MAX 2 (aka 7th mix)

XBOX
DDR ULTRAMIX
DDR ULTRAMIX 2

dont forget
X-BOX
DDR Ultramix 3
DDR Ultramix 4

X-BOX 360
DDR Universe
DDR Universe 2
DDR Universe 3 (coming out soon)

:)

Insaner L.E.D.
06-30-2008, 02:01 AM
I recommend finding a friend to go in for two cobalt flux pads. You save like 150 bucks in total. They really are the top of the line if you want them to last.