PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to hook a metal pad up to the computer?

Novacaine
12-5-2004, 03:21 PM
Ok I apologize if this is already a topic but I was wondering if U coud get a metal pad with a bar and hook it up to the computer and play it.
And if there is such a thing how much woud it cost?

emccky
12-5-2004, 04:07 PM
you would need an adapter of some sort.

Velious
12-5-2004, 11:09 PM
you can
d/k how

ThEclipse
12-5-2004, 11:10 PM
usb/ps2 adaptor

15 or so bucks

check ebay.

Tasselfoot
12-5-2004, 11:11 PM
or like... best buy,

ad0gg
12-7-2004, 02:50 PM
There used to be a list on www.stepmania.com of the ones that were compatible with StepMania, but it's not there anymore :(.

Whatever you do, do NOT get the one from Radio Shack. It does not register up/down and left/right doubles.

Novacaine
12-7-2004, 03:30 PM
ok wtf? how the fuck do I sign up as a user on stepmania.com so I can frickin view the USB thing like where do I go to?

Trunkx3
12-7-2004, 04:25 PM
Hm :/ it isnt supposed to require you to sign up or anything like that. But i can suggest to you redoctane's dual usb adaptor (http://www.redoctane.com/dualusb.html) UNLESS: your pad does not include Start and Select buttons (which i'm sure it doesn't because i've not seen any metal pads with these buttons) BUT: if you dont mind non-metal pads, this is a good one.

I use it to play Stepmania and it works fine. The only real inconvenience is that whenever your computer has restarted, you'll have to hold Start+Select+up (arrow) for 3 seconds so the adaptor recognizes up/down/left/right as buttons and not as a joystick (allowing you to press left/right and up/down at the same time) But this 'inconvenience' shoudlnt matter at all because your planning on playing ddr anyway so bending over for a while shouldnt matter :/