PDA

View Full Version : When is it best to move on to harder songs for you?

RussG
10-29-2004, 10:55 PM
This is to the people who could tear me up at FFR/SM with ease...

What is the best type of difficulty for you to play to get better, I.E. in SM, I can can do qausar at 1.2 speed, however there are parts I can not do, and some parts are a blur. So I stick around at 1.0 speed, rarely hit a 100 combo, but hit a couple 80s or so per game, sometimes tricky parts are a blur to me, or certain moves are a tad difficult so I usually miss. Now at 0.6 speed, I can full combo it (Probably could do 0.7 if I tried it enough, but it's just kind of.. slow)

I think I struggle with stuff like that involves using my left hand, going left, down repeatedly as that hand isn't quite as fast as my right hand. Also I sometimes slip with my middle finger on right hand with right arrow key, as my finger is like straight up, like a upside down V shape.

What is the best way to go,(I.E. Slowly move up a speed point as soon as you full combo it, or stay there untill you think you can do it all the time, or do things you find hard to you, but lots of room for improvement.) or even like what speed would you reccomend? This isn't about one song, it's just a way to point it out easier, like for instance, I like CIA Rave, but some parts are quite tricky, so I can only get a couple 80 combos in.

Like master the songs before you move on? Or when you can complete the harder songs

deposition
10-31-2004, 04:27 PM
Are you using a really crappy computer?

Tasselfoot
10-31-2004, 04:53 PM
practice. practice. practice. thats all there is to it. if you are Bing or Cing Quasar on 1.0x, its too hard for you. try playing easier songs. try DDR Original songs, 9 or 10 footers. work on those until you can FC, SDG, or eventually AAA. then work your way up. thats at least what i did. started AAing DDR songs on standard and practiced, alot.

Kefit
11-1-2004, 01:15 AM
Whore out songs you can't quite pass until you can pass them. Then move on to harder songs. There really is no faster way to get better.

Reach
11-1-2004, 12:47 PM
Yea, ditto to Kefit.

Just keep pushing yourself to the next level if you want to improve quickly. With enough practise almost anything is passable.

Nu0n
11-1-2004, 12:56 PM
Yeah try Doing Quasar 1.3 Speed and dont play it on 1.0 until u pass it on 1.3. Then when u play 1.0 u should be able to AA . depending on your PA.MA. And for what i do . I just Whore The Hard songs like Cynic and fast Stream songs like Stratofortress By Reach. and work on timing and speed. I also play with index. so this is from an Index Point of View. But yah Practice and be consistent and you will go Fare.