PDA

View Full Version : Rain rain, go away, come again another day

DataXUnknown
10-18-2004, 06:43 PM
It's about time. It hasen't rained here in Southern California for a very long time. I am so glad to see rain again after those extremely hot summer days. It was actually a pretty lucky sight I saw.

It all started on Saturday when I went to my best friends birthday party. We were hanging out in his kitchen eating all the food we can when it was pretty quite. It was 1AM when we heard this really scary noise of which we did not know what it was. I, being the brave person I am, investigate the scene of my friends sink. I noticed the sound was coming from the window just above his sink, and so I look. I must say that my friend, lives on the top of the highest place you can get to in Anaheim Hills. What a view I saw. I looked and I see complete rain and mist everywhere and it looked very much like a movie. This hill of which my friend lives on overlooks a range from Yorba Linda/Orange County all the way to L.A.

Of course after about 30 minutes of sitting there looking at the rain, I saw lightning. Big lightning. It is a very awsome sight seeing lightning and rain at such a view. This may not be a big deal to some people, but it is to some of us Californians.

Oh and I mine as well mention that the raining conditions provided me with very fun drifting with my p.o.s. car.

Tasselfoot
10-18-2004, 06:49 PM
so, why do you want it to go away? it seems like you want it to stay.

Tasuke
10-18-2004, 06:50 PM
It is raining over by my house right now
but over the weekend i went to a festival/fair thing
and I love going on the rides were you go upside-down
in the rain. It was awsome, except for the whole
runny nose thing that I have now

Kenzya
10-18-2004, 07:13 PM
): (

It's fucking rainy and quite cold. Damn Chicago.

GuidoHunter
10-18-2004, 07:19 PM
I had to drive from Waco to Oklahoma City, and then over to Bald Knob, Arkansas (town motto: the town whose name you can't say without giggling), all in the rain. As much as I love rain, I got sick of it during a ten hour car trip.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Porgy
10-18-2004, 07:35 PM
it was raining earlier today in santa monica. I moved from the west coast so as not ot have to deal with rain.

emccky
10-18-2004, 07:41 PM
it hasn't rained in a while here... atleast i dont remember it raining.

User6773
10-18-2004, 07:52 PM
It is currently pouring out as I speak. REALLY pouring. Like the sky and the ocean spontaneously traded places and the ocean wants to go home.

jewpinthethird
10-18-2004, 07:56 PM
Well, that means that the rain should be heading down our way soon...that is if the mountains dont whore it all.

DataXUnknown
10-18-2004, 08:09 PM
It is currently pouring out as I speak. REALLY pouring. Like the sky and the ocean spontaneously traded places and the ocean wants to go home.

I really wish it was like that all the time here...but it's only one in a million chances that it rains super hard for a long time.

noviceanimeartist
10-18-2004, 09:09 PM
I got rain.
I got snow as well.

Anticrombie0909
10-18-2004, 09:15 PM
You have the most seizureriffic and distracting sigpic I have ever seen.

Freak83
10-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Rain is so nice. The thing I hate about it here is it doesn't do it often. And when it does it usually doesn't do it for long, then it's sort of a sunny cloudy. I hate that.

sleeplessdragn
10-18-2004, 09:23 PM
im glad that SC has finally had some rain. i hate heat, and i wish i were born in san diego.

dinnerroll
10-18-2004, 10:12 PM
I live in southern california too. It was nice to have rain for a change, instead of that damn heat

CypherToorima
10-18-2004, 10:20 PM
It rained here hardcore for awhile. and I usually love rain, but after a couple weeks of straight cloudiness and rain, I was sick of it. It was always wet and stuff. It sucked.

SpookG
10-19-2004, 01:12 AM
i took the wipers off my car in the middle of summer because they were old and fucked up, and i been sorta getting lucky where whenever I have to go to work or come home, the rain stopped. But yeah. I'm guessing a lot of other people did the same, since it never rains in LA, and the autoparts store looked like Christmas dropped into the aisles.

Kefit
10-19-2004, 01:45 AM
I love the rain. Especially when it is absolutely pouring and there is lightning everywhere.

I guess it's a good thing that I live in the Seattle area then, although we don't actually get many storms here (just lots and lots of plain old rain, which is still good).

DataXUnknown
10-21-2004, 09:36 PM
Aww...it rained all day yesterday, but there was no rain today. It was pretty cold but not cloudy...by by rain...=(