PDA

View Full Version : Where the hell am I?

87x
09-21-2004, 12:57 PM
I woke up this morning in my living room, which is all fine and dandy... except for the fact that I fell asleep in my bedroom last night.. I remember, I was watching the Girls Gone Wild info-mercial on channel 28 (spike tv), I turned the tv off rolled over and fell asleep.. I woke up in the living room equiped with blanket and pillow, In the shirt I had on the day before.. But it was on backwards..

Now i'm not known for sleep walking, In fact, I have never been told that I did it in my life.. So I had to have been woken up, talked to, and told something to make me move from my room to the living and to put on a shirt..

It makes me wonder how many other times I have gotten up and done something then went back to sleep and not rememberd it

Kenzya
09-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Could have had a little too many to drink and blacked out. Or just blacked out in general do to supressed childhood memories :o

But I'm just guessing it's a little case of sleep walking. I wouldn't worry too much.. I don't sleep walk that often but once I fell asleep in my bed with my clothes on (Upstairs mind you, 13 steps). Then woke up on my couch in my underwear.. (Downstairs (obviously)) :/

tristia
09-21-2004, 01:19 PM
I've seen people do stuff like this. My sister when she was younger fell asleep, woke up and had her feeted pajamas (she was like, 9 at the time) on upsidedown. She walked out of her room into the living room, hands in the feeties and all, stammering and mumbling about not being able to zipper her pajamas. She was sick with a decent fever and she didn't remember a thing the next day. If you weren't feeling well, you might not remember doing something like that. Fevers can do that, or even just a hint of a cold.

ImEric12
09-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Yeah, a few years ago, I fell asleep in my room, with the door closed (and my door is a bitch to open), and long pants on. I woke up with shorts on, in the room across the hall. both the door to my room was closed, and the door to the room I was in.

Freak83
09-21-2004, 03:16 PM
I was at my friends cottage for a week by the second last day I was pretty homesick. They told me the following morning that during the night I got out of bed, walked around and banged into a few walls and went back to sleep. Only time I've ever sleepwalked =/

lightdarkness
09-21-2004, 03:33 PM
I wound up on my trampoline once.

Thats right, out of bed, down stairs, out back door, onto trampoline.

WTF?

ad0gg
09-21-2004, 04:08 PM
One time my friend was sleeping over and he was sleeping on the floor, and somehow I managed to sleep walk around him and the air matress he was sleeping on (which was practically in front of the door) go down the stairs and go to sleep on the couch in my living room.

That is the only time I ever sleptwalked, as far as I know.

Tasselfoot
09-21-2004, 04:17 PM
one time... at band camp... i went to sleep (in philly) and woke up in london... weird... downstairs, out the door, into the car, to the airport, on the plane, across the pond, into the cab, to the hotel, and into the bed.... london.

hydrojakep
09-21-2004, 04:28 PM
I've never sleepwalked.

ever.

i think.

evilbutterfly
09-21-2004, 04:44 PM
You guys, it's not sleepwalking, it's the aliens! They like messing with us.

And for the record, I've never sleep walked, but I wouldn't put it past me. One time when my mom was trying to wake me up I thought we were in a burning skyscraper and she was telling me to jump (from like, 100 floors up) out of the window. I kept saying "No, you go first, you go first!!" and my mom got pissed because she was trying to get me up.

87x
09-21-2004, 05:15 PM
Alright.. I just talked to my mother.. Heres the missing part of my memory

She woke me up and told me that my step dads dad was comming over to pick some shit up..
I sat and stared at her
As she was leaving my room I yelled out, "What are you telling me for?"
She then instructs me to go downstairs so I can hear him knock on the door
I get up, put the shirt on backwards..
Walk down stairs
As she begins to walk out the door I ask "where are you going?"
She says "to work"
I say "Bye"(in angered tone)
and Lay on the couch to go back to sleep...

So I had a conversation with my mom, put on a shirt, walked down a stair case(8 steps), and went back to sleep on the couch.. Where I would wake up later not knowing remembering any of it..

Tasselfoot
09-21-2004, 05:22 PM
on an honest note... i have forgotten that i had sex.... was really tired, gf does her thing on top, fall asleep... wake up in the morning... "hun, did we have sex last night?" she wasn't very happy. no alcohol either.

GuidoHunter
09-21-2004, 05:27 PM
I've had many a conversation I don't remember, but that's usually when my mom wakes me up and I promptly go back to sleep.

I've never sleepwalked to my knowledge, but when my dad was fourteen, he was awoken by a policeman at four in the morning after he sleep-drove a couple of blocks to the corner store where he would pick up papers for his paper route every morning.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

dinnerroll
09-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Those infomercials are cool. I don't think I've ever sleepwalked but I have woken up in places that I didn't fall asleep at.

Anticrombie0909
09-21-2004, 06:20 PM
I've never sleepwalked before. I do, however, have an annoying tendancy to be relocated by my parents during my sleep.

QreepyBORIS
09-21-2004, 07:30 PM
It was sleepwalking, I bet you.

One time, I sleep-walked through a winding hall, a door, down some stairs (where company happened to stay at the time), maneuvered around their sleeping bags, intoa chair, and turned on the computer that resided there.

O_o

I didn't remember a thing.

Also, one time I sleep-walked and told my mom something like: "I'm going to Kentucky [or another state in that region, I think it was], which way?" And she pointed to my bed, and I walked off, and went into bed again.

Too weird.

dinnerroll
09-21-2004, 07:52 PM
Dude. I wish I was like that. That would be tight.

Spazzbite
09-21-2004, 10:07 PM
I've been known to fall out of my bed, but not sleepwalk. For example, I once fell off my top bunk (rolled over a 6 inch railing, onto a hardwood floor) and didn't wake up. I woke up in the morning and I was face down, looking at my floor. I was like "wtf?? how did i get down here??"

eVILPeeR
09-21-2004, 10:33 PM
I've never slept walked, not that I know of.
But I think the most I've ever done would have to be (I actually did this as an experiment) I slept on the opposite side of the bed (on the bottom instead of top) and in the morning I woke up on the top side, pillows neatly folded and all. I did it several more times and I would wake up on the right side everytime. Aswell, if I'm in a confined space (example, a car or desk at school) and I fall asleep, I tend to have a dream where I'm falling and as I'm about to fall my body will panic (falling isn't fun ;)) and then my body will just jump and I'll wake up instantly. It's really embarrassing in the middle of class :/

Oh.. and one time, I was in my bed and I had a dream where I was falling.. I was on the edge of my bed, but I wasn't about to fall off.. instead, my body shocked and I ended up falling off anyways.
What fun :/

jewpinthethird
09-22-2004, 12:56 AM
I dont sleep walk, I just fall asleep in weird places.

For awhile, I had a tendancy to fall asleep on the floor...like I would turn the t.v on, and just lay down on the floor and sleep. I would also do this while I worked on various songs. I would complete a song, and then get on the floor and sleep while the song looped over and over...by doing this, I would check for imperfections in patterns, timing, etc.

Cenright
09-22-2004, 01:11 AM
I don't sleep walk. Good thing too, cause I am in a bunk bed. The drop is pretty good for me, so I think the first time I sleep walk will last only a few seconds.

I sleep like a rock. My old bunk bed, the bottom bed was wider and stuck out a good foot and a half from the top one. I have rolled out of the top bed, bounced off the bottom bed, and landed on the floor, without waking up. My brother told me in the morning when I woke up on the floor.

esupin
09-22-2004, 01:39 PM
my sister screams in her sleep. She also talks like mad and it's pretty annoying since I can hear her through the walls.

Tasuke
09-22-2004, 08:58 PM
I usaully talk in my sleep. For instance, when I was camping with my dad
he woke up at like midnight and I was patting the tent around me and was
muttering fire, fire. Then isat up straight and unzipped the back door thing
and my dad asked me if there was a reason for doing that, and I just faced
his way and said no, then I went back to sleep... I have no recollection of this
untill my dad told me

Then when I had a fever I got outa my bed, walked into the kitchen and started
taking cups outa the cuppoard and flipped them upside down and was stacking them
then I went back to my bed and fell asleep

himee23
09-22-2004, 09:36 PM
i don't sleep walk either...but my sister called me once and i remembered i responded....but after that i don't remember saying nething or having listened to her conversation. Next morning she asks me about last night....and im like...u didn't call....but suddenly i remembered that she did and i can't remember i thing she said..

so sad she never told me what she said that night...

GuidoHunter
09-22-2004, 10:43 PM
On two different New Years nights, two friends (both guys around fifty years old) were sleeping in top bunks of a Deer camp-place-thing. Both of them rolled out of their beds and fell a full six feet onto the cement floor below. Their falls were broken by their foreheads. Fortunately, one of our friends who stayed with us was a doctor, so he was able to stitch them up on sight (no hospital for forty miles or so). Fun times.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

QreepyBORIS
09-23-2004, 03:17 PM
Guido: I think you spelled "site" wrong. :P

CypherToorima
09-23-2004, 03:40 PM
. Aswell, if I'm in a confined space (example, a car or desk at school) and I fall asleep, I tend to have a dream where I'm falling and as I'm about to fall my body will panic (falling isn't fun ;)) and then my body will just jump and I'll wake up instantly. It's really embarrassing in the middle of class :/

Yeah, I do the same thing. In my dreams, though, I'm usually just walking, then I trip and right then, my body just sort of spazzes and I wake up.

ThEclipse
09-23-2004, 11:21 PM
. Aswell, if I'm in a confined space (example, a car or desk at school) and I fall asleep, I tend to have a dream where I'm falling and as I'm about to fall my body will panic (falling isn't fun ;)) and then my body will just jump and I'll wake up instantly. It's really embarrassing in the middle of class :/

Yeah, I do the same thing. In my dreams, though, I'm usually just walking, then I trip and right then, my body just sort of spazzes and I wake up.
I usually get those when I'm sleeping while attempting to do my homework.

CyanoticXtC
09-24-2004, 12:29 PM
A friend of mine sleepwalks and likes to talk while he does it, probably the funniest time yet, he asked me ' What side of the shell does the turtle go in? '

esupin
09-24-2004, 01:08 PM
the reason people sleepwalk is because the chemical that stops your body from moving while you're asleep screws up in some people. That's why occasionally I wake up kicking my feet.
Some people even feel like they're awake even though they can't mave their body.
I guess it has to do with our monkey days.

evilbutterfly
09-24-2004, 05:15 PM
I do the waking up jerking thing a lot sometimes. A few times it's been random, like I'll trip in my dream and jump up, but usually when I jerk awake it's to avoid slamming face down onto a desk at school because the teacher is BOOOOOOOOOORING.

Izzi
09-24-2004, 10:04 PM
once i was sleeping over at this girls house "family freind" like a year younger then me we were sleeping in sleeping bags... suposively i woke up in her sleeping bag XD i almost screamed but that would have woken her up so i got out and then went back to sleep..