PDA

View Full Version : Censor in FFR Chat

Snapps
08-30-2004, 11:32 AM
I dont care if people say ass or fuck, but what I want to be censored somehow is the annoying ASL.

Censor every form of it: a.s.l, a/s/l, ASL, age/sex/location, etc. When it gets censored it should either not show up at all in the FFR Chat when you enter it into the conversation, or make it show as just "-" in the conversation. Do something about this. Make it show something else, I dont care. Its common for n00bs to say it and it makes people pissed.

flypie743
08-30-2004, 11:44 AM
I like the idea of it not showing up at all...good idea Snapps. And censor it in PM's in the chat, too...I get a lot of PM's saying asl...kind of annoying. If it could be censored that would be helpful.

EDIT: SNAPPS IS A GENIOUS FOR COMING UP WITH THIS...kthxbai

Chrissi
08-30-2004, 11:49 AM
I am in total agreement. It pisses me off a whole lot.

ImEric12
08-30-2004, 11:56 AM
AMEN.

Snapps
08-30-2004, 12:04 PM
Shouldn't be too hard to code. And if you can't, just get JasonKey.

ld42
08-30-2004, 12:06 PM
We don't code the chat, so we just have to suggest it, and hope they impliment it, which I doubt they will.

lightdarkness
08-30-2004, 12:11 PM
ld42 = me

Snapps
08-30-2004, 12:12 PM
So you can't contact JasonKey? ='(

flypie743
08-30-2004, 12:14 PM
Get a new chat where you can put censors on things and then put a censor on asl. XD

Chrissi
08-30-2004, 01:33 PM
A new chat would be awesome. That chat really sucks. Eats up resources.

lightdarkness
09-1-2004, 02:49 AM
A new chat would be awesome. That chat really sucks. Eats up resources.

FFR Chat works on a different server.

And, asl isn't a swear word, just annoying.

flypie743
09-1-2004, 08:43 AM
Have you ever been in FFR Chat and have someone PM you and be like "asl?" then you close out then they are like "Helloooo u there???" it gets really annoying. 1. You aren't supposed to be asking that anyway. 2. It's dumb...people just go in there and are like "asl every1"....why would you want to censo lol, lmao, rofl, brb, g2g, and ttyl? They don't annoy people....unless you keep spamming the chat going rofl rofl rofl...or whatever. But, you could really do that with any word.

Chrissi
09-1-2004, 09:06 AM
djshox, it has nothing to do with it being a 3-letter acronym; it has everything to do with it being an ANNOYING 3-letter acronym. Why should someone's "asl" be the most important thing to know about a person you're talking to? So important that you ask it before anything else? Why? It shouldn't matter at all.

When I ask people this question, they say "so I know who i'm talking to" or "so I'm not talking to a 50-year old man" but guess what? PEOPLE LIE. I'm thinking many of the girls who say something like "18/f/michigan" are actually 12-year old girls who want people to think they are mature. I HOPE they're 12-year old girls.

You could be talking to a 50-year old man anyway, but why does it matter? I know several 50-year old men (actually one is 52 and another is 60) and they are very kind and interesting to talk to. In fact I prefer to talk to older people sometimes, because more often than not they REALLY have "grown up" in the sense that they don't say retarded things and piss me off. They also use proper grammar more often.

Funny how I've never had any of those people tell me "because I want to cyber with you", but more often than not for the males, it is their obvious intent. I ignore their "asl" request and start talking to them, but after awhile they start saying "take off your shirt" or something ass-stupid. What the fuck? Take off my shirt? And when I tell them that I have a boyfriend, they go "o why didn't u tell me, why are you talking in a chat?" but I really don't see how that's relevant. Because I have a boyfriend I'm not allowed to chat? Give me a break.

And THESE are the people who ask me "asl". Aren't they pleasant? This is why I want "asl" banned. Maybe they'll smarten up realizing their beloved 3-letter acronym has gone down the drain, and they need to find more dedicated methods of meeting people. I find that somebody's interests are infinitely more important to know than their location, gender, or even age to an extent.

Edit: Funny story, I actually had somebody who previously asked me for my asl DEMAND that I tape my mouth closed and wrap my arms up in duct tape. He was like, "DO IT NOW U BITCH". Of course I ignored him after this. :\

Snapps
09-1-2004, 10:03 AM
Just to make this clear.

LD: Not going to happen.
Snapps: ='(