PDA

View Full Version : Converting FLAC to Apple Lossless or High Quality lossy format

OnixRose
11-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I've searched various random forums for info on this subject and people offer a variety of programs, but they don't mention the actual process of converting FLAC files (some have mentioned algorithms o_O ). I also can't seem to find if it's possible to convert FLAC to Apple lossless format. If that's possible how would I go about doing it? (preferably without buying some insanely overpriced bs apple software) I'd also like to know what programs/settings you would recommend to convert FLAC to a more lossy format like mp3 while still retaining good quality. Thanks in advance.

Also, hi. Been awhile.

Evnoir
11-10-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm pretty sure you could convert FLAC to ALAC in iTunes.
An alternative would be to use dBpoweramp.

Moreover, why would you want to convert to a lossy format? Is FLAC not supported for your player?

OnixRose
11-10-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm pretty sure you could convert FLAC to ALAC in iTunes.
An alternative would be to use dBpoweramp.

Moreover, why would you want to convert to a lossy format? Is FLAC not supported for your player?

I'm planning on transferring certain songs to external devices such as my iphone, ps3 etc. I don't WANT to convert to a lossy format, but, from the brief research I did, it seems like I'll have to.

who_cares973
11-10-2011, 01:00 PM
dbpoweramp all the ****ing way. it lets you convert anything to pretty much anything