PDA

View Full Version : I also makes the musics.

StoneMcKnuckle
08-20-2011, 05:13 PM
http://soundcloud.com/stone-mcknuckle/primal-fire

I guess I'll start posting stuff here instead since ODI is dead and the keybeat music forum is a wasteland.

If anyone's really knowledgeable when it comes to mixing, please feel free to provide criticism as that's my one major gripe right now. It kind of feels like the lower frequencies are stepping all over each other, but if I try to EQ out the kick for example it sounds hella weak and stuff so I just left that alone.

FFRGreen
08-22-2011, 02:42 AM
I like the song

WTFBrandon
08-22-2011, 04:30 AM
Personally, i think the beginning was meh. Not because of the piano or anything... I LOVE piano, but the melody was just weird, and the part leading into the guitar was pretty weird too. Seemed more random than anything. But the guitar melody was fine. None the less, the song itself sounds pretty good. The guitar in the beginning is epic as fuuuuuu
Nice.

Gundam-Dude
08-22-2011, 01:48 PM
awesome stuff

Frank Munoz
08-22-2011, 02:08 PM
It does not sound like the kick is what seems to cause such a ruckus in the lower frequencies. It sounds like one of the guitars have too much power.
All I would suggest is to just lower one of the guitar's bass.
Like, at 1:10, THAT guitar has a load of bass in it. And it covers up the real bass; which I really wanted to hear more of.
But, excellent job on this song. I wanna hear what else you can come up with in the future.

Coolboyrulez0
08-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Hey there S.S.H Junior.

Great work on the track, with a little better mixing (& mastering) [which I personally still struggle with at times] you'll be a great addition to the FFRtists. Keep it up.

StoneMcKnuckle
08-22-2011, 02:43 PM
It does not sound like the kick is what seems to cause such a ruckus in the lower frequencies. It sounds like one of the guitars have too much power.
All I would suggest is to just lower one of the guitar's bass.
Like, at 1:10, THAT guitar has a load of bass in it. And it covers up the real bass; which I really wanted to hear more of.
Based on your timestamp I'm assuming you're actually talking about the lead guitar, as I've completely stripped the rhythm guitars of the lower frequencies.

It never occured to me that it could possibly be the lead, honestly. I've never ever though of it, hahaha. I'll definitely load the project up again and see if I can't make some sense out of this mess, thanks. )

And thanks for the other comments as well, guys.

EDIT: Yeah, that helped, but it's not quite enough. I'll keep it in mind for the next project and try to work out the rest of the quirks then. Huge thanks for the tip.

Kysora
08-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Yeah, that helped, but it's not quite enough.

Just commented on SC but yeah, cutting only the leads a bit won't help. Your bass instrument needs to be cut back quite a bit, there's no room for any low frequencies in your leads and it's clashing pretty hard. Rumbling at some points on my headphones.

Otherwise I loved it, great work