PDA

View Full Version : Local FFR

sellyme
07-22-2011, 02:24 AM
Is there any way to (legally) download FFR, while still playing it online? As in, having the game cache all of the songs for you, so you don't have to re-download them every time you play? I'm stuck with a shitty 13kbps connection, and it can take up to half an hour to play a single song, so it would be incredibly helpful if I could download all the songs (Read note below), and have the game open those instead of downloading again and again. To clarify: I still want to play on the website, but I just want the songs locally.

Note: I'm aware that obtaining the pure songs is illegal, but I'm sure they could be encrypted in such a format that playing them independantly is just as difficult as it is now.

Any help?

Zageron
07-22-2011, 02:37 AM
There is an offline engine available. Someone else will have to how to get it though. I'm sure that person will also be able to tell you how to do the rest. Good luck.

Edit: Oh yeah, scores wont record. Sry bro. :[

DossarLX ODI
07-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Nope. Especially not the engine that allows for your scores to record online.

The online engines on this site are url-sensitive.

sellyme
07-22-2011, 02:54 AM
Mhm, I know how to get a completely offline engine working and so on, but I actually want to use the ONLINE engine, but without needing to download the songs.

I already know there's no current way to do it, my query was more "Is it possible for this to happen in the future".

Zageron
07-22-2011, 02:59 AM
Nope. There are no plans, nor no feasible way, to do so at the moment. You can trust this statement because I'm one of the programmers. :[

sellyme
07-22-2011, 03:07 AM
Bugger. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to get a better internet connection then.

(But I would strongly recommend you at least attempt to implement song caching during a single continuous gameplay, much like ThirdStyle does. I understand that saving every song permanently would likely require a completely new engine, but surely a simple session cache wouldn't be too difficult.)

Zageron
07-22-2011, 03:23 AM
The current system should still be caching the files. Unless Velocity disabled it intentionally. I'll get him check this thread and give you a better answer. I don't work with the old engines. :]

sellyme
07-22-2011, 03:28 AM
Well, I play the Velocity engine, so I guess it may be that. I'll try classic, see if that works.