PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard driver to hit hands and quads?

Ananas Mortel
06-24-2011, 05:25 PM
A lot of the stepfiles in the rock section that I like have lots of hands and a few quads that I can't hit because my keyboard doesn't register some 3-key arrow combinations. I changes to a 1253 configuration on my numpad but I still have issues. Are there other 3rd party drivers out there that fix this problem?

G.S.M
06-24-2011, 05:52 PM
try different key setups

sometimes a certain combination of keys won't register.

example: AS GH registers all 4 keys for me but if I do SD KL only 3 keys will register, etc...

use notepad to try this out hitting all 4 keys at once.

igotrhythm
06-24-2011, 05:58 PM
No key configuration is exactly the same, but keep trying different combinations of keys until you find one that works for you. Most people like their ASKL or QWOP setups for this, I've heard, but sounds like you grew up on those arrow keys as I did.

MaxGhost
06-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Best idea is to stop playing on the arrow keys and try a spread setup like 'QWOP' or 'ASL;', etc.

You could try a setup like LP;' for a similar feel to arrow keys.

zolaric
06-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Why do people play index

Xx{Midnight}xX
06-24-2011, 06:40 PM
Because at one point in time it was actually an ok style to play because hands and quads were less frequent

LongGone
06-24-2011, 07:22 PM
Its just a different playstyle. Spread and index each has its own perks

I'm pretty sure keyboards not registering hands etc. is a hardware level problem, drivers won't really help (depends on a kb's anti-ghosting capabilities)

ninjaKIWI
06-24-2011, 07:26 PM
Are there other 3rd party drivers out there that fix this problem?

Unfortunately that's not how it works.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rollover_(key)