PDA

View Full Version : New Song: For Great Justice! - Suddenly, kittens!

SpookG
06-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Everybody, get down!

http://soundcloud.com/forgreatjustice/for-great-justice-kittens

Xx{Midnight}xX
06-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Oh my god this is amazing. Might try charting it. It'd be great to get some new FGJ in game :D

who_cares973
06-12-2011, 08:06 PM
stepping it for thirdstyle :D

SpookG
06-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Just make it so my sorry ass can play it. I suck at this game. :(

Magic_V2
06-13-2011, 12:35 AM
Groovy :D
I really thought I was going to hear some mewls in there though >:|

Patashu
06-13-2011, 05:51 AM
interestin song

SpookG
06-13-2011, 11:13 AM
Groovy :D
I really thought I was going to hear some mewls in there though >:|

In my defense, I let someone else name the song and wanted to include something like that, but she wouldn't offer up samples of "mow" and "mew".

Because when I head down that path, I go all the way, dude.

It just...women...anyways.

Xx{Midnight}xX
06-13-2011, 12:42 PM
Just make it so my sorry ass can play it. I suck at this game. :(

I can do that :D That means make it what all quarter notes? XD

SpookG
06-13-2011, 01:28 PM
I can do that :D That means make it what all quarter notes? XD

I just don't want to attempt a step file where someone vomited arrows all over the screen in a mash fest.

Xx{Midnight}xX
06-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Oh that's kinda the fun way to chart XD
Because I'm stupid what's the BPM? I wanna make sure I do it right XD

championanwar
06-13-2011, 02:48 PM
This is great, honestly. . the only thing I was unsure about was the clap. . but the rest was awesome. . dammit Rob you can put on some sick ass jams <3. . YOU THE MAN!

SpookG
06-13-2011, 04:36 PM
This is great, honestly. . the only thing I was unsure about was the clap. . but the rest was awesome. . dammit Rob you can put on some sick ass jams <3. . YOU THE MAN!

No, i get that. I'm still muddled on it as well.

It was pretty much a hack solution.

The main facilitator is the kick drum, and I wanted to unlock it without removing it from the driver's seat, so the clap became a necessary addition to clamp it down as well as add stability to the many melodic elements. Originally, it was a much stronger part and it bothered me a lot, not because of the tone, but because of what it was doing and when it did it.

I left it at a volume where it was just an accent when the rest of the song took over, and when there was more space it filled it nicely without taking away from the aggressive kick rhythm or distract from the various competing harmonies.

If you listen to about 50 seconds, where the clap is absent, the way the bass and kick interact makes for like a phantom snare hit in empty space. I thought that was a cool effect and wanted to keep that intact throughout the song as much as possible.

So I concluded the clap/snare hits were a secondary element, which is highly unusual, and the hats and kick made up for the lack of presence by being slightly louder on the upbeats. Sure I could of done more with it, but that wasn't what I was going for in this tune.

I will most likely make a 6-7 minute version, and due to the different approach to making longer songs, it will stand out more there as a necessity. Here, I was able to get away with a diminished role and experimented since there is so much song in so little time.

behanjc
06-13-2011, 11:56 PM
Song is fun and sexcay.