PDA

View Full Version : trance..

Magic_V2
06-8-2011, 09:43 AM
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/425733

not like.. good trance or anything, i'd just like some feedback on my mixing really.

TC_Halogen
06-8-2011, 11:14 AM
A few things:

- gated instruments aren't a bad thing, but it's actually possible to manipulate the gate pattern so that it doesn't sound like a default :) (it's sounds like you're using some sort of preset saw/arp pattern)
- your hi-hats/rides (not sure which it is, because I've heard really short rides) are a bit too high in terms of frequency -- do you know how to do use filter cutoffs in whatever program you're using?
- the kick is REALLY strong, which is somewhat distracting because it's a little hard to make out your other instruments - try dropping the volume on it a little
- on the bright side, there actually IS some progression in the song, although the intense snare rolls are a bit out of place.

The song itself sounds a bit empty, but I won't go too far into that because you wanted more tips on the mastering. A little bit of effort in improvement goes a long way. :)

SpookG
06-8-2011, 06:13 PM
What's weird is that I always thought was "trance" is now apparently considered "Hard Dance' and "old style electronia" or "tribal house"

I recommend listening to some of -that-, and include into a kicking beat, much like baking a cake and achieving tasty proportions. ****, yes. Cake

Mans0n
06-8-2011, 06:35 PM
I actually liked it for the most part, while there are some mistakes like your snare drum roll is a little loud. And your kick drum is quite higher in volume compared to your synths and bass. Though overall it was quite interesting to listen to. Maybe try adding in more SFX and percussion.

And turn off any filters on the master mixer channel because that's not good lol.

Plan_Bsk81127
06-8-2011, 06:45 PM
Not bad, wasnt something that quite caught my interest just because it felt like the same sounds repeating for 2 minutes, but that's just me. Agreeing with what mans0n said on those snares, that part really did get a little bit too loud, but overall pretty good.