PDA

View Full Version : Gone Fishing

AsphyxZero
05-20-2011, 09:30 PM
Made for my uncle David, in about an hour.
http://soundcloud.com/asphyxzero/gone-fishing

I think this is a bit of a rough draft at this point, I might make it longer/change sounds up a bit for an album I might (lemme say again: MIGHT) make.

MBurns
05-20-2011, 10:01 PM
I just don't think spending a single hour for a song can yield amazing results. It tends to be really repetitive.

You had something nice to work with, but it obviously is a very rushed work.

I'd focus on finding more complex melodies and changing up the bass line every few measures, at least to keep it flavorful.

AsphyxZero
05-20-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't think spending a single 15 minutes on a tattoo can yield amazing results.

:p jk bro, thanks for the criticism, I do plan on fixing this a bit. I was going to get some pads going and more glitchy drum loops and whatnot.

MBurns
05-21-2011, 12:06 AM
I don't think spending a single 15 minutes on a tattoo can yield amazing results.

:p jk bro, thanks for the criticism, I do plan on fixing this a bit. I was going to get some pads going and more glitchy drum loops and whatnot.

The drum really wasn't so bad. But I mean, you start off with a nice simple bass line, that sounds like an intro to something that can turn out to be an awesome groove...and then it's just the same over and over and you're like "damn! :("

lol @ tattoo joke :P When you get to my size, any tattoo makes you look like a barbarian.

ScylaX
05-22-2011, 07:25 AM
I liked it with the glitchy drum variations and then for some reason you decided to keep it repetitive :(

AsphyxZero
05-22-2011, 02:52 PM
lmao my brother rapped on this. Link should be up soon, hopefully.