PDA

View Full Version : Ban log

Dorby
05-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Have you guys thought of implementing a ban log?

m0de
05-17-2011, 09:17 AM
i doubt there will be a public ban log.. it would just stir up shit. but as long as gg_guru is on it everything will be :)

edit: you should have posted this on the ffr suggestions thread.. not that it bothers me but velocity does pay attention to that thread :D

Dorby
05-17-2011, 09:33 AM
Maybe not shown to the general public, but perhaps viewable by reaching certain requirements? I just think it would be neat. I often find myself wondering why people were banned.

phe0nixblade
05-17-2011, 10:04 AM
I'd like to see a ban log... but that's just because I'd laugh at the banned people. :woops:

Mans0n
05-17-2011, 10:22 AM
people are banned for breaking the rules, simple as that. And as far as I know, Mod's and admins can see a Ban log.

Though I doubt there going to let it be public because of the: '' LOL OMG LOOK GUYZ HE WAS B& FOR FLAMING LOOLLOLOZLZO'' factor

Dorby
05-17-2011, 11:56 AM
people are banned for breaking the rules

That is still extremely vague.

Oni-Paranoia
05-17-2011, 12:07 PM
As long as no one makes a thread about "stupid reasons people got banned for" kind of thing, I don't see what damage it can do. Unless the mods/admins feel it adds salt to the wound.

I just think no one would even care to implement this for our viewing pleasure.

Mans0n
05-17-2011, 12:07 PM
yeah but think of it in terms of prison.

you neverrrr ask an inmate why there in unless your a tard.

Same rules apply here because we are all badasses amirite?

and apparently you can get banned for mod sass.
which is pretty lol.

Dorbology- study of Dorbonomics. which is the inner workings of the dorbinia sector.

Dorby
05-17-2011, 12:17 PM
yeah but think of it in terms of prison.

you neverrrr ask an inmate why there in unless your a tard.

I'm guessing this comes from your extensive knowledge and experience in prison? Another wildly ignorant statement from Mans0n.

How you managed to associate a ban log to people in prison... Is anyone else flabbergasted?

Back on topic - Using the reason someone was banned as an insult shouldn't really be a concern. I'm sure we have all seen worse on this forum and saying "haha u were banned lawlz" happens regardless.

Velocity
05-17-2011, 12:18 PM
No.

TC_Halogen
05-17-2011, 12:20 PM
I am fairly certain that moderators/administrators can see the reasoning behind bans. No one else needs to know who is banned, nor do they need to know why.

If you come across someone who posts in the forums often and see that they have a banned title, you've already seen enough. They don't need to have their name on public display.

EDIT: feat. Velocity

psychoangel691
05-17-2011, 12:20 PM
How you managed to associate a ban log to people in prison... Is anyone else flabbergasted?

Actually yea, especially wondering where he got you never ask an inmate why they're there cause that typically happens when a new inmate comes in. >.>

But I will admit there are times I wonder why people are banned and it would be interesting to see a log but it's really not something that is needed here and probably would just cause more trouble than anything.

Mans0n
05-17-2011, 12:57 PM
Uhh. jail maybe not as harsh. but if your going to prison, and just ask some random dude you don't associate with, who's been there for 16+ years why he is doing time, then your basically asking to get stabbed and or severly beaten. prison is not nice in any way, and there are in-mate based prison laws that all have to follow or else you get punished

don't believe me go to prison and find out for yourself [(^---^])

moral here is: ban log is not becoming public.

Dorbetalism

psychoangel691
05-17-2011, 01:21 PM
Uhh. jail maybe not as harsh. but if your going to prison, and just ask some random dude you don't associate with, who's been there for 16+ years why he is doing time, then your basically asking to get stabbed and or severly beaten. prison is not nice in any way, and there are in-mate based prison laws that all have to follow or else you get punished

don't believe me go to prison and find out for yourself [(^---^])

moral here is: ban log is not becoming public.

Because you've been in prison right?

Mans0n
05-17-2011, 01:23 PM
Because you've been in prison right?

irrelevant. I've made my point, there is no need in diving any further into the subject.

whether or not I've been to prison is no ones business but my own.

TC_Halogen
05-17-2011, 01:24 PM
irrelevant. I've made my point, there is no need in diving any further into the subject.

it's plenty relevant because it shows that you're just talking out of your ass. <_<

psychoangel691
05-17-2011, 01:27 PM

You always have to have the last word and always act as though you know everything. If you're going to make claims back them up. I've at least known people that have been in jails and prisons. Yea prison is harsh in a lot of ways doesn't mean that people don't ask what people are in for.

*Waits for the incoming post*

Because I know you wont just drop it even though you always tell other people to.

Mans0n
05-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Lol if you don't believe me then simply go to prison and put it to the test.

I really don't understand why this is such an issue to you, can you not stand to be wrong about something?

And of course I've never been to prison im 10 (lol) but I know people who HAVE been in prison for long periods of time who just love to talk about how ****ed up and crazy prisons are.

an example being a guy getting stabbed, because he burped in another inmates face without apologizing .

edit: lol idk why ur so butthurt about this, idc what you think you know and or know about prison, which is why im not responding after this.

so go ahead and get in that last work, k?

foilman8805
05-17-2011, 01:28 PM
mans0n is like 16

you guys can put 2 and 2 together, i'm sure

foilman8805
05-17-2011, 01:29 PM
he wants everyone to think he's tough and cool because he smokes pot and his dad told him something about prison

TC_Halogen
05-17-2011, 01:30 PM

I really don't understand why this is such an issue to you, can you not stand to be wrong about something?

And of course I've never been to prison im 10 (lol) but I know people who HAVE been in prison for long periods of time who just love to talk about how ****ed up and crazy prisons are.

an example being a guy getting stabbed, because he burped in another inmates face without apologizing .

can you not stand to be wrong about something

this thread is now about foilman being awesome, bye

psychoangel691
05-17-2011, 01:34 PM

That applies to you way more than me buddy lol. I don't even post all that often you on the other hand are always going on about some shit acting like you know everything. And yes shit happens in prison we're all aware of that. Burping in a guys face and not apologizing is looked at as disrespect. Anyway, I'm not going to sit here and argue with someone that can't distinguish between there, they're and their you probably can't do your and you're properly either. Plus if you're 16 as foil mentioned because I don't know nor really care to know, you're an ignorant teen that acts as though you've seen and done everything. I've got 10yrs more experience in life than you do kiddo.

Edit: missed this lol
this thread is now about foilman being awesome, bye

Foilman is awesome <3

Also *waits for foil to wreck all of us with his awesomeness.*

Velocity
05-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Also *waits for foil to wreck all of us with his awesomeness.*

nop

devonin
05-19-2011, 08:54 AM
The banned person sees the reason why they were banned.

If you're so curious, ask them when they come back. On the plus side, you can test Mans0n's theory by seeing whether asking gets you e-stabbed or e-beaten up.