PDA

View Full Version : FFR Running Even Worse than Before?

Kage_No_Shi
04-7-2011, 04:00 PM
I use Flash 10, and recently it has been even worse than before. I know Flash 10 isn't FFR friendly, but I'm wondering if it was either the 'upgrade' to Firefox 4 that caused a huge jump in slowdown, or an update to flash? I've done both recently.

emulord
04-7-2011, 04:10 PM
I hate "upgrades"

LJRoX
04-7-2011, 04:21 PM
Use Flash 9. Flash 10 is known to cause more errors and slowdown than 9 or 8.

igotrhythm
04-7-2011, 04:51 PM
I keep my Flash Player and Firefox updated and I was still able to pound out a AAA on Vanishing Gungaroon last night, though that was after two straight AAA runs went unrecorded.

I'm running Windows XP Pro, if that's of any assistance.

alloyus
04-7-2011, 05:01 PM
It's actually been running worse for me for the past several weeks >.>

00Razor00
04-7-2011, 05:05 PM
Solution: Flash Player 8 standalone player.

Mans0n
04-8-2011, 11:35 AM
Standalone does solve virtually all problems that people have with FFR, but imo you shouldn't HAVE to use standalone to play FFR.

Hakulyte
04-8-2011, 03:15 PM
Maybe there's a link with that: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=118254

It's hard to tell if standalone and flash updates affects each others or if the engine simply decided to lag for a short amount of time.

Tag-
04-9-2011, 09:45 PM
So, I'm running Windows XP with 4GB of RAM and dual-core processor at 2.80GHz and the video card I'm running is ATI Radeon HD 4350 and I'm running the standalone client, it lags so bad it makes this game virtually unplayable. I've tried on Windows XP, Windows 7 and Ubuntu and the game lags too bad. Any help at all?

3lijah
04-10-2011, 01:42 AM
Im using Flashplayer 9. I havent had too many problems with it. Occasional lagspikes, but thats it.

Tag-
04-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Im using Flashplayer 9. I havent had too many problems with it. Occasional lagspikes, but thats it.

I've tried several standalone version and still the game is unplayable! -_-

bmah
04-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Have you tried the free program called Gamebooster? It supposedly will really help reduce lag by shutting down unnecessary programs running in the background.

Tag-
04-10-2011, 01:49 AM
Have you tried the free program called Gamebooster? It supposedly will really help reduce lag by shutting down unnecessary programs running in the background.

I tried that. It made the game even worse.

bmah
04-10-2011, 02:00 AM
Which engine are you using? The Official FFR engine or Velocity's engine? I prefer the latter. I've found that Flash 8 works better on the official engine, while velocity's engine works great on Flash 9.

Tag-
04-10-2011, 02:02 AM
Which engine are you using? The Official FFR engine or Velocity's engine? I prefer the latter. I've found that Flash 8 works better on the official engine, while velocity's engine works great on Flash 9.

I've tried both clients and both lag very badly.

XCV
04-10-2011, 07:08 AM
Umm, defrag your hard drive?

ScarletSky
04-10-2011, 07:55 PM
It could also just be that his processor is too strong to run such a tiny thing. Like for example, if any of us were to get say.. Doom or any pre '95 game and play it on our PC, we would need to use special software that can make our amazing epic computers compatible with such a low-end old school game. Same concept here.

The only way I can see this getting fixed is if either you downgrade your hardware or FFR becomes Flash 10 compatible... Which, quite frankly, I don't know why it's not now. But then again, I'm not expert with Flash or Action Script.

vro
04-10-2011, 11:18 PM
I wish FFR didn't have to use flash player. I realize that thats just the way it is, but I think it sucks how you can have a computer that runs stuff like SM perfectly fine, but if you don't have flash set up just right then you can't play FFR accurately. :/

Velocity
04-10-2011, 11:30 PM
If FFR ran as smoothly as SM, then it would be SM. The only real hope for a huge lag reduction would be to recode the game in AS3, but I'm not very good at it.

vro
04-11-2011, 11:00 PM
^ Its all good, I wasn't trying to bash the game or anything :)

leonid
04-11-2011, 11:06 PM
If FFR ran as smoothly as SM, then it would be SM. The only real hope for a huge lag reduction would be to recode the game in AS3, but I'm not very good at it.

hire bLasT

fido123
04-11-2011, 11:55 PM
It could also just be that his processor is too strong to run such a tiny thing. Like for example, if any of us were to get say.. Doom or any pre '95 game and play it on our PC, we would need to use special software that can make our amazing epic computers compatible with such a low-end old school game. Same concept here.

The only way I can see this getting fixed is if either you downgrade your hardware or FFR becomes Flash 10 compatible... Which, quite frankly, I don't know why it's not now. But then again, I'm not expert with Flash or Action Script.

You don't have a ****ing clue about what you're talking about do you? Don't give advice about stuff you have zero understanding of.

Umm, defrag your hard drive?

Wouldn't effect game performance

Flash uses a lot of processing power and nothing can really be done about it. Browser isn't going to even effect you a whole lot cause it's still flash running in the browser. Your best bet is to downgrade your flash player to Flash Player 9.