PDA

View Full Version : HTML HELP IS NEEDED PLEASE!

hadesbomber
05-12-2003, 04:50 PM
hello all. The names hades. all my friends call me mag(short for magus) and as you can guess, i love magus. now then, in my file im tryin to put in some animated gifs and they're showing up as damned red X's when i view the site. this is the tag im using

magusanim.gif

now, this is what i want to know. if there's anything wrong with that, what. or if it's right and i just have a shit worth computer. ty

Freak83
05-12-2003, 10:15 PM
In a lot of cases on here, you have to use [ ] instead of < >

Arch0wl
05-12-2003, 11:12 PM
Learn how to use BBcode.

jewpinthethird
05-12-2003, 11:58 PM
hello all. The names hades. all my friends call me mag(short for magus) and as you can guess, i love magus. now then, in my file im tryin to put in some animated gifs and they're showing up as damned red X's when i view the site. this is the tag im using

magusanim.gif

now, this is what i want to know. if there's anything wrong with that, what. or if it's right and i just have a (#$% worth computer. ty

Well, for phpBB whatnot you need to use these tags along with the complete URL that is the source of the image.

Also make sure that "Disable HTML in this post" or "Disable BBCode in this post" isnt checked.

HTML wise, that is correct, but most likely you need the complete URL for the images to work.

Another factor that might effect if an Image will show up or not is the host. If it is geocities you need a special code to get it to work:

http://invis.free.anonymizer.com/<insert complete URL>

Hope it works out for you.

buttonkiIIer
07-20-2005, 10:42 PM
you people are losers