PDA

View Full Version : Cannnot download any simfile

telohollow
10-23-2010, 08:13 AM
HI ... IM Newbie here

Why i cannot download any simfile ???

it say :
The file doesn't seem to exist. Please contact the an administrator about this problem.
Problem Id: ARCNF_SIM_LN_169

:???:

urkoboy947
10-23-2010, 09:10 AM
cause the site was down for almost a year and the files need to be resored

Stepo40
10-23-2010, 09:36 AM
how will the files get restored?

the life of a noob
10-23-2010, 10:02 AM
cause the site was down for almost a year and the files need to be resored

It's you. the Hero of Kvatch! This is truly an honor

TC_Halogen
10-23-2010, 10:17 AM
The simfiles have not been re-uploaded from when the site was down.

SourPill
10-23-2010, 02:54 PM
The moderators and admins are working on it I guess. They at least made the game running and the forums working so we can all stay in touch at least. My needs are satisfied.

But still I'm new to the site and would like to see what the SD has to offer, would be nice to see it up and running again.

E-Hooker
10-23-2010, 03:33 PM
The moderators and admins are working on it I guess. They at least made the game running and the forums working so we can all stay in touch at least. My needs are satisfied.

But still I'm new to the site and would like to see what the SD has to offer, would be nice to see it up and running again.

Honestly, don't expect it to be up for a while. As far as priorities would go, i'd probably rank the SD as second-lowest.

I'd like to download simfiles too, but try www.bemanistyle.com or the official StepMania website.

OneHandNow
10-23-2010, 05:20 PM
Didn't Synth say that there was like 700GB worth of simfiles to be reuploaded again?

Or was it 7TB? >_>

DragonIIDX
10-23-2010, 05:23 PM
There are 40,911 Simfiles... it might take a while to re-upload

E-Hooker
10-23-2010, 06:22 PM
700GB would make a bit more sense, as the average SMzip or RAR file is ~5MB.

Not to mention some of the stepfiles may not have survived this long.

TC_Halogen
10-23-2010, 07:07 PM
Synthlight said that the upload for the simfile database was around 600 GB.

DragonIIDX
10-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Synthlight said that the upload for the simfile database was around 600 GB.
Any idea how far along it is? (I'm not impatient I'm just curious)

JONES
10-24-2010, 05:08 AM
There are 40,911 Simfiles... it might take a while to re-upload
Couple minutes at the very least.

You guys know you can look around for other places to download simfiles until they restore them. I've been hugging on bemanistyle myself since FFR went down. Stepmanias website sims are ok at best, but I've never really found anything I really like there.

Jones.

PS: I'm back as well.

xealix
10-24-2010, 05:12 AM
It's you. the Hero of Kvatch! This is truly an honor Okay I know this is completely pointless and unrelated, but being an Oblivion fan I had to give props.

devonin
10-24-2010, 11:32 AM
I've been arguing agianst the reinstitution of the simfile database. It takes up a ton of hard drive space, it burns a ton of bandwidth, and absolutely nobody, ever, at any point, has followed any of the rules about only uploading songs to which you have rights.

It's a giant ugly mess of copyright infringement, and any actual attempt to moderate it would basically just be constantly deleting 99.9% of files that get uploaded.

There are other places to get those files that don't care or need to care about copyright laws, and without the simfile database, we could also get rid of resonance which existed only to be a tester program for simfiles in the DB, and was pretty horrible at working properly anyhow.

I've yet to see a compelling reason to keep it around.

DragonIIDX
10-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I would help moderate if i could!

devonin
10-24-2010, 12:27 PM
It's not a matter of needing staff, it's that the only purpose the staff would have would basically be to delete every single thing that gets posted there, which defeats the purpose.

Charlo
10-25-2010, 10:15 PM
I would like to see the simfile DB back for the sole reason that my files got downloaded here way more often than they do at Bemanistyle (which seems to be dying). Selfish, I know. But FFR has a huge simfile-hungry memberbase and I think it's wise to utilize it.

devonin
10-25-2010, 10:25 PM
It's not wise to encourage wide-spread breaking of the law, however. Which is about 99% of what happens on the database.

Zageron
10-25-2010, 10:28 PM
I agree with Devonin. Anything to reduce the bandwidth on the FFR servers will only do good for everything else.

Xceler8
11-10-2010, 03:42 AM
because the site was down since a year

TheSaxRunner05
11-10-2010, 03:47 AM
I agree with Devonin. Anything to reduce the bandwidth on the FFR servers will only do good for everything else.

Amen.

xPwnage
11-11-2010, 10:01 PM
if i could access it somehow id be willing to go through the whole crap and turn it into good packs which can be hosted somewhere else..
Cuz i remember stepfiles like the slow/freeze stepfile to session by linkin park were amazing. And id be willing to do a hell lot to get a load of those files back and so im sure are others..

TwilightPrincess
11-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Well, since you folks still seem to be confused with the fact that the simfile database may be coming back...

It's not. There are, as devonin said, too many copyright/legal things to deal with in it (MP3s) and it'd be too much of a hassle to go through and delete god knows how many simfiles that meet the criteria of said violations. So that's that, no more simfile database for y'all.

xPwnage
11-12-2010, 08:33 AM
and no way we can get some of the songs in a pack?? cuz u didnt answer that question..
i got some of the songs (about 150) on a broken harddrive, i need to extract the files which takes me about 200 days.. or i have to go to a company to get it restored which costs about 5000 dollars,, the kinda money i dont have. If anyone knows a fast programm to do the trick anyway id be willing to host the files..