PDA

View Full Version : newbie needs help....

carpenoctum94
10-13-2010, 05:23 PM
hey,

I just started playing and I was wondering how to set up my account in such a way that it keeps track of my stats and credits; for some reason its not doing that. Any help would be appreciated!

TwilightPrincess
10-13-2010, 05:37 PM
We're currently trying to repair that actually, so at the moment it's not possible to do so.

Very sorry for the inconvenience.

LaserSpazz
10-13-2010, 05:45 PM
I'm not new here, but never actually posted a post. So hear I am, making my first post. :D I can complete up to a lv.7 song at the moment. (Working on {Losing Touch})

Leandro2910
10-13-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't think that stats are working right now, but once everything gets going, your stats will go directly to your account when you finish a song.

Whoops, thought the forum was the other way around :P Lastest post is on top :D

NFD
10-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Oh man, TwilightPrincess. You gotta chill the **** out with all these bans.

NFD
10-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Or else.

devonin
10-13-2010, 09:41 PM
Oh man, TwilightPrincess. You gotta chill the **** out with all these bans.

He hasn't banned a single person.

25thhour
10-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Or else.

in b4 ban

devonin
10-14-2010, 08:41 AM
Just a friendly reminder, as the rules have stated since well before the downtime, posting asking for a ban, telling someone they'll -be- banned, posting that you're in before a ban etc etc are spam, and are themselves punishable by a one-day forum ban.

MrRubix
10-14-2010, 08:47 AM
As far as I know, TP outright said he banned Blazze, so I do think that claim is false, Dev

http://flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=114487&page=2

devonin
10-14-2010, 09:01 AM
I was looking at bans that actually had a duration, as in, bans that were actually a punishment for doing something against the rules.

"Being Blazze" has been an automatic permaban for YEARS and I barely even think it counts anymore.

MrRubix
10-14-2010, 09:30 AM
In all honesty, I think the Blazze autoban is ridiculous. Need I remind everyone that FFR *died* and nobody really expected it to come back so soon (if at all). As far as I am concerned, that deathperiod is a clean slate. Bans should, as of this point moving forward, be judged on the margin. A lot of things are being redone around here anyway. I think it's fair to give everyone a fresh start.

Zageron
10-14-2010, 09:34 AM
Because the people who would want to be Blaze think that FFR has a clean slate....

"Blaze" is simply FFRish for Troll.

MrRubix
10-14-2010, 09:47 AM
I don't understand what the heck you just said.

My point is that the "permabans" should be put aside in the wake of the FFR revival. If he tards out and earns another permaban, then that's that.

Part of me finds the autobanning entertaining. The other part of me finds the system to be completely stupid.

Fast Fingered Fiend
10-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Unban YaBoySM!!

Zageron
10-14-2010, 02:45 PM
I understand where you are coming from Rubix, but if you stare blankly at the immaturity and obvious trolling that goes on you will see that they deserve bans.

I guess I can't really say that, but that is how I see it. Anyone who posts something to piss someone else off, belittle them, or just insult them, on purpose (with full intention) deserves to be banned. Repetition is grounds for a perma-ban.

Blaze did just this, and continued to post... perma-ban.

MrRubix
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Clearly, Blazze has no problem ban-evading and doing things that earn him bans.

You may as well unban him -- saves everyone the effort. If he continues to be a douche, then go back to banning him.

devonin
10-14-2010, 06:58 PM
The issue isn't with Blazze. For all we know, Blazze has been posting for years on another name, and everything's been hunky-dory. If the person who originated Blazze made another account and followed the rules, it would be fine.

The problem is that accounts -named- Blazze are created entirely for trolling, flaming, spamming, and being an idiot. While I feel bad for any future person who just likes the name, posts made by people named Blazze do in fact spoil things for everyone.

that guy blazze
12-13-2010, 09:28 AM
The issue isn't with Blazze. For all we know, Blazze has been posting for years on another name, and everything's been hunky-dory. If the person who originated Blazze made another account and followed the rules, it would be fine.

The problem is that accounts -named- Blazze are created entirely for trolling, flaming, spamming, and being an idiot. While I feel bad for any future person who just likes the name, posts made by people named Blazze do in fact spoil things for everyone.

Actually I've been posting pretty normally and nontrollish ever since the FFR downtime ended, yet I still get banned for the **** I did like 4 years ago when I was 15. It's ridiculous.

Btw fun fact, synth called my ISP once and they sent me a letter telling me to stop "terrorizing" his site (or something along these lines).

devonin
12-13-2010, 09:39 AM
Assuming that you actually are the user who was the original Blazze, if your intention is/has been to be posting normally and being a contributing member of the community, just do so on an account that doesn't contain the word 'blazze' in it.

The name has been used for so much evasion, and so much trolling/spamming/flaming etc that no account with the word blazze in it is going to be given a chance.

There's no issue with the user being here and posting if they follow the rules, but the history of misuse for the name has, as I said above, ruined the name for everybody.