PDA

View Full Version : Give me one good reason to believe in God

pantherpink897
12-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Besides;
He will punish me if I don't.

We're all afraid of dying.
It doesn't mean you have to come up with a reason why you were here in the first place.
Face it, when you're dead,
you're dead!
Opinions?

Superfreak04
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Don't even bother with this thread people, roflmao, just lock it.

Ghakimx
12-20-2009, 08:54 PM
Yeah I agree. ALL animals knew this too.

lol ninja'd and now this post looks like it was directed wrongly.

Izzy
12-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Lock please.

Just read the other religious debate threads. It always comes to the same conclusion, and no one is ever going to change their mind.

rajdaddy
12-20-2009, 09:13 PM
Don't even bother with this thread people, roflmao, just lock it.

Agreed.

XXXsmittyXXX
12-20-2009, 09:14 PM
-_- srsly

GG_Guru
12-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I believe you look like a crack whore.

And I also believe this thread should be locked as well.

goffballz
12-20-2009, 09:38 PM
http://www.mul-t-lock-online.net/Deadbolts/c%20series%20padlock.jpg

virus003
12-20-2009, 09:40 PM
guys it's xxxim a noobxxx's alt for sure

Partisan
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
I smell a troll.

goffballz
12-21-2009, 12:13 AM
that lock is pretty shiny huh?

virus003
12-21-2009, 12:14 AM
yeah i can almost see myself in it

N.T.M.
12-21-2009, 12:39 AM
The issue is just that even if you deeply and truly believe in your religion, religions are inherantly faith-based, and if you had actual objective facts to support it (Objective meaning 'things which would necessarily be accepted as fact by all people') then you would be able to provide those facts to us and we would have no choice but to accept them. What you have are personal, subjective experiences that, while -you- know they are fact to YOU, we have no way to actually corroborate them.

Where this gets applied in the thread is when someone says something like "For my given subjective reasons, this is a belief that I feel is very strongly correct" but since it's your own subjective and personal reasons educating your belief, those of us who don't accept your reasons can therefore also not accept your conclusion. While a true conclusion can be potentially arrived at from faulty premises, we still need to produce the same conclusion from valid premises before we know it's actually a true conclusion.

I don't think anybody was telling you what you should believe, so much as telling you that they think you have no justifiable reasons to believe what you DO believe. And as long as you are content to not be able to convince others of the correctness of your position, all you need are the reasons that are good enough for you. But if you -do- want to convince others of the correctness of your position, you'll need reasons that are good enough for -them- as well.

devonin
12-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Also, requesting locks, posting 'in before lock' or otherwise telling the staff to lock threads is against the rules and I could day-ban all of you.

For next time, just -ignore bad CT threads- and let a mod know there's one going on and we can lock it.