PDA

View Full Version : a newb question.

Yakushi
11-17-2009, 06:02 PM
right, so i've been playing for a little while now after some casual stepmania for a year, and today i noticed something.

i thought hey lets get my AAA bar started up a bit, and there was a new song out, believe it was prelude #7, played it, AAA'd it, and was ranked 7 in the top 200 (at level stats)

when i looked back there again, i noticed i'm #40 in the top 200.
now my question is: is there a difference between AAA's?

this might be somewhat of a dumb question, but i'm still far from familiar with the whole ffr in general.
any comment would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,
Yakushi

ddrfeline
11-17-2009, 06:04 PM
What do you mean difference between AAAs? If you mean in the same song, no. In your Level Stats you should be ranked number one. In the top 200 status, you're down to rank 40 now because 23 people have AAA'd it after you, bumping you down the list.

alloyus
11-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Newbs are cool.

If you're basing your AAA definition on Stepmania, then it's different here. On here there is no AAAA and all perfects counts as a AAA. I dunno if this solves your problem, but that's all I can think of.

Edit: Look at Kibblre's post, that kid knows what's goin' on. I was being stoop xD

Kibblre
11-17-2009, 06:13 PM
When people AAA the song after you have, you get pushed down in that song's ranks. It doesn't effect your AAA count or Overall/Average ranks.

Yakushi
11-17-2009, 06:16 PM
ah its really that simple?
well yeah that solves my problem thanks.

wow i'm amazed, nice forum you got going here, should give that a go aswell.

Kibblre
11-17-2009, 06:26 PM
ah its really that simple?
well yeah that solves my problem thanks.

wow i'm amazed, nice forum you got going here, should give that a go aswell.

Once you leave the Newbie Forum, you won't think that.

Artic_counter
11-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Once you leave the Newbie Forum, you won't think that.

Silly Kibblre xD

Patashu
11-18-2009, 04:39 AM
actually, it's a bit more complicated

FFR keeps track of the first time you play a song. call it the firsttime

when it sorts scores that are identical, the people with an earlier firsttime are sorted lower than people with a later firsttime. this means that if you AAA something on your first try/very soon after it you'll always have rank 1, but if you leave a song for ages before AAAing it other people might have gotten above you

as far as ranks are concerned, though, every AAA is rank 1