PDA

View Full Version : I do this when I play FFR.. what does it make me?

Summer Time Perfume
05-17-2009, 05:44 PM
I do this when I play flash flash revolution.. what does it make me?
Whenever I play FFR, I like to pretend that I'm in this like world where you have to fight a bunch of monsters and bosses. Each song is basically a boss... my avatar in FFR is a picture of this cool anime character so I pretend that that's my character slaying bosses... Keep in mind.. this is all in my head.. I've been doing this for about a couple months now and I think it's the reason behind my FFR addiction o_o a fantasty game world that doesn't even truely exist (only in my head)

I play alllllll the time because I want to get good and play the hard songs (which I've already created bosses for in my head) because those songs are the coolest ones... and the bosses that I've created in my head are also cool looking..

for example, the song Hajnal is this huge looking mecha monster with white metal and springs for joints... or.. caprice is this humungous red wasp... or.. frictional nevada is this huge purple mechanic monster that has large long cable wires that serve has his arms connecting his shoulders and fists....and a similiar looking head to hajnal because both songs are made by the same author.. Ketsarku Mozgalom is this huge mechanical water monster with hydro pump cannons on his back controlled by this girl (who controls the mecha machine in it's head) the girl is that girl who says a few words towards the beginning of the song.. and she's seeking revenge..

Like each boss has a theme to it, and it's strangely addicting to come up with new ones.

I also pretend that like all of the bosses have similar moves or "gears" that you have to be able to execute. For example.. bursts, trills, jump streams, streams, walls, triples, etc.. those are their defense skills..

It's such a strange thing but, quite honestly it's the only thing that keeps me playing FFR.

When I think of other players (mainly the good ones) I think of them as like fellow players on a server who are professionals and have slayed these monsters perfectly (AAA'ing them) while I'm still training on them getting bad scores on them, haha..

This may be like the weirdest thing you've ever heard of someone do, lol but... what would you say that makes me?

Btw, this is a dead serious question, hehe.

If you're curious as to what I pictured the other song "bosses" (mainly FMO/FGO songs) from FFR songs looking like, just say so and I'll put up another question listing them..

dood gone krazee
05-17-2009, 05:47 PM
what about rato

NFD
05-17-2009, 05:48 PM
Sephiroth

who_cares973
05-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Lol alt

Pretty cool though atleast it keeps you interested in ffr

[TeRa]
05-17-2009, 05:50 PM
Bit funny I guess, but screw it, you have a awesome imagination, and it keeps you interested.
Could you give us a drawing a what you think RATO looks like >_<

ninjaKIWI
05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
That's pretty bad ass.

What's Hardkore Atomic?

dood gone krazee
05-17-2009, 05:58 PM
http://www.tinamessinger.com/mt-static/blog_images/BrickWall.jpg
rato

awein999
05-17-2009, 06:00 PM
whatever works lol. I'll never look at ffr the same way again. This makes you cool because you like ffr :). What's the "boss" look like for revolutionary etude?

prefx
05-17-2009, 06:02 PM
http://www.tinamessinger.com/mt-static/blog_images/BrickWall.jpg
rato

I jumped this by FCing RATO

And what would Reality be?

Aswell this may have made my day. Kudos to you.

Patashu
05-17-2009, 06:03 PM
I don't think about it like that at all :twisted:

well I made up a cool music video for night and day by virt in my head once but it wasn't rhythm game related. iirc it was about a fantasy/medieval ish town (light/sun themed?), the intro is dusk and the outro (slow part) is dawn and in between there's this undead army invasion on it, something like that. and I think there were siege weapons and city walls. anyway virt's emotive as hell so you'd be able to make epic moving storyboards to virt music really easily lol

edit: and I like to picture Herbie Goes Ballistic by Venetian Snares as the timeline breaking down and fragmenting but that's about it

edit2: and yeah definitely draw or write/narrate about some of this stuff if you can. characterization and synthaesthesia is awesome

who_cares973
05-17-2009, 06:03 PM
La campanella ?_? Assuming you're a sub on your main account

prefx
05-17-2009, 06:08 PM
La campanella ?_? Assuming you're a sub on your main account

I can't get over how fun this file is.

Very nice job on it.

Dreddshott
05-17-2009, 06:10 PM
I wish i had your imagination while playing. Sounds like a fun little world to be in :P

Patashu
05-17-2009, 06:11 PM
sorry to break it to u but la campanella has...bs sections :o

Quigly
05-17-2009, 06:11 PM
I bet Power is something resembling Lindsey Lohan.

prefx
05-17-2009, 06:12 PM
sorry to break it to u but la campanella has...bs sections :o

Obviously, doesn't depreciate the fun I have playing it.

I bet Power is something resembling Lindsey Lohan.

I'd say a crippled gerbil.

RB_Quackies
05-17-2009, 06:34 PM
I can't get over how fun this file is.

Very nice job on it.

OMG I KNOW. Best file on FFR by faarr, imo.

A2P
05-17-2009, 06:42 PM
When I play FFR I think about...playing FFR.
It's just an arrow smashing game. Nothing more.

~HentaiXXX~
05-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Sometimes I'll got into a trance/day dream while playing, but that's about it.

TC_Halogen
05-17-2009, 06:48 PM
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/customavatars/avatar957613_20.gif
Death Piano.

5.points
05-17-2009, 06:54 PM
When I play FFR I think about...playing FFR.
It's just an arrow smashing game. Nothing more.

This. Though sometime I imagine the arrows being the tings I hate or I'll think of myself as the best FFR player and that I can easily play anything to help me do better..

Flaming_Dingleberry
05-17-2009, 06:57 PM
Sounds like you should become a music video animator.
What's Kidney Stone?

Devilsrejectedsoul
05-17-2009, 07:02 PM
rhythm RPG :]?

alloyus
05-17-2009, 07:02 PM
That's hilarious xD

What's 300? :)

i love you
05-17-2009, 07:23 PM
Some mind you got there summer time perfume. I think it's pretty interesting that you think this game is like a fantasy world filled with monsters and stuff and you must do whatever you can to stop them! Your mind is awesome my friend. ;)

TC_Halogen
05-17-2009, 08:25 PM
From the mind of a Resident Evil player, I would think of A Kidney Stone (this is the PROPER TITLE and Draigun even said so) as Albert Wesker. Quite easy to take down, but one mistake and it's all over.

I actually do enjoy this imaginative thinking too.

Gigispackles
05-17-2009, 08:29 PM
o.o Woah... You are very lucky to have an imagination like that. Shouldn't be embarassed of something like that.

All the imagination I have for FFR is pretending I'm playing the instruments, but to an extent. I've never played in an instrument in my life but I still pretend. =P

samurai7694
05-17-2009, 08:34 PM
I really like your imagination. Sometimes though when I play a piano stepfile like He's a Radical Rat it almost feels like I'm playing the piano.

Redorigami
05-17-2009, 10:44 PM
You are awesome.

poochieCREAM
05-18-2009, 12:02 AM
haha wow.
seriously, thats never come across my mind
my hands have a mind of their own when i play ffr.
i dont even blink, and i have to breathe with the beat
D:

Dvaerak7Korgo
05-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Genius.

I used to think a little like that when I drew these really unique characters from my imagination. It wasn't so much of an addiction for me, but I loved carrying around a story in my head. Just wish I could find the time to write it all down someday. :P

NFD
05-18-2009, 02:56 AM
Excite Bike makes me think of this game me and my dad used to play that came out in the 80's.

championanwar
05-18-2009, 03:13 AM
That's actually pretty awesome.

wordsfailme
05-19-2009, 03:36 PM
The only song I've ever pictured like that was flight of the bumblebee, as, well, a giant bumblebee.

Gears
07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Haha, that's pretty interesting.

Gears
07-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Haha, that's pretty interesting. *bump*

Flaming_Dingleberry
07-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Downed.

Ghakimx
07-11-2009, 12:28 AM
That's a pretty unusual but interesting way to think of the game. But I guess it never really gets old!

I would like to think about things to discuss in my head while I play FFR. It sometimes helps out to FC some songs.

Dana jaanu
07-11-2009, 07:50 AM
You simply have a great imagination..and I guess the game becomes more fun when you pretend all that stuff :p

Bynary Fission
07-11-2009, 08:02 AM
I must be really ****ed up.

I generally have whole conversations with myself, and it's often on major social or political issues currently being discussed and debated. For example, I've talked about the different forms of government and how each of their fragments have assimilated to a degree in our government. I've talked about gay rights, abortion, Obama's economic policies, and the the different aspects and functions of the universe...just to name a few. I think the distraction of the game helps me to focus my thoughts somehow.

The amazing thing is is that despite all the thinking that goes on, it has never once distracted me from the game. On a similar note, my mom is always yelling at me to stop talking to myself. XD