PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

GETTING300ZX
03-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Cracked right in half, with multiple fragments in between, and tore through the peck. And all I wanted to do was FC Death Piano... JK actually it was on my bike! Dirt jumps to specify, waaaaay overshot and came down from 10ft or so to flat. Surface was hardpack with a light coating of sandy dirt ie. slippery. Recovery is gonna take a while. It's been 15 days since the surgery and right now I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than a piece of paper. Trying to sleep is fun too...

http://i40.tinypic.com/2wrlswn.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/5xra85.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2ib19jb.jpg

I_like_keys
03-22-2009, 10:38 PM
I heard that your collar bone is the most painful thing one could break. How much did it hurt?

Syhto
03-22-2009, 10:38 PM
sick

stretchypanda
03-22-2009, 10:39 PM
I heard that your collar bone is the most painful thing one could break. How much did it hurt?

My money's on tailbone.

Tater Tot
03-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Did you at least do something awesome before you landed?

~HentaiXXX~
03-22-2009, 10:51 PM
ah, I broke my collarbone in 7th grade I think, I was playing football with some friends, I came down on it wrong, and crack.

I hope you have a good recovery.

coraleaterlinda
03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
that looks very painful. hope you heal soon.

demonllama6124
03-22-2009, 10:54 PM
i broke my collar bone before. i was roller blading like 7-8 years ago when i was in the 7th grade, it sucked. you have to lay straight, cant lift anything worth spit, and showering is a big bitch. took about 8 weeks to heal and its still to this day not completly healed. it pokes out some and you can actually take a body shot from it.lol

Redorigami
03-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah tailbone's really annoying and painful but not as inconvenient.
Long term pain of having to deal with a healing collar bone > tail bone.
Looks nasty.

GETTING300ZX
03-22-2009, 11:19 PM

My money's on tailbone.

My money is on hmm... Femur. This did hurt a lot though. I kinda wish I hit just a little harder and the bone came out so I could touch it. I mean how many people get to touch one of their own bones in their lifetime (except teeth). It was ALMOST there too

Did you at least do something awesome before you landed?

Yeah I was like "OH GOD!" but I always talk in the air everyone makes fun of me for it :) Trying to learn no-foot cans on dirt as I've only landed them at bike parks!

Redorigami
03-22-2009, 11:37 PM
I touched my bone once!
I broke both bones in my arm and it folded over so my fingers were touching my elbow and a little bit of bone was sticking through.
It was pretty sexy

who_cares973
03-23-2009, 12:06 AM
pretty cool congrats

championanwar
03-23-2009, 12:23 AM
I hope that does get better, I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

GuidoHunter
03-23-2009, 02:11 AM
I mean how many people get to touch one of their own bones in their lifetime (except teeth)

Did you just suggest that your teeth are made of bone?

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

OrganisM
03-23-2009, 04:29 AM
Thank god I've never broken a bone.

TheRapingDragon
03-23-2009, 05:20 AM
At least that was a good way to break it. I've only ever broken a toe- I cracked his rib but broke my toe. Was pretty funny really.

sarahxjane
03-23-2009, 05:24 AM
I've only sprained my ankle.

I can't imagine how much it would hurt to break a bone.

TC_Chronichild420
03-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Worst injury I've had to date is snapping my shin completely in half. I was on a trampoline when I was 7 or 8, landed awkward, got shot off the trampoline, landed about 16 ft down on a pile of jagged rocks. (This is why they have trampoline safety nets o.O), looked down, and saw my shin, sticking out of my leg, nerves, bone marrow, all that lovely stuff straight in the open. The air touching your bones, hurts worse then ANY pain I have experienced yet.

But nice, collar bone is a bitch, takes long to heal, and takes a big toll on just about everything you do day to day. Hope you heal well. :)

Spenner
03-23-2009, 06:32 AM
I've only even broken my arm, my finger, I guess my skull counts as well along with a bunch of minor fractures. Nothing majorly serious, but the only inconvenient one was my arm fracture/dislocate because they f'd up the surgery when putting my elbow back into place- it would sit in the wrong spot for two months in a cast and then they've scheduled another surgery, to which they did it wrong again, so another few months of waiting, and then finally the most recent surgery they put synthetic material in the joint (turns out the joint was ripped anyhow from the break) and now my arm can't move past 90 degrees and I cannot hold my arm with my palm facing upwards.

So yeah, the inconvenience is that what I'd normally be doing with my right arm (hurr hurr) is now rather a challenge. So I guess the severity of the break in the certain area has much to do with the inconvenience or definition of "worst spot to break". Because I mean, it's been 7 years since I did that and my arm isn't even close to healing.

OrganisM
03-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Augh, awful. I've never injured myself on a trampoline.

Spenner
03-23-2009, 06:34 AM
Augh, awful. I've never injured myself on a trampoline.

Oh the memories... ever feared of landing near the edges with one leg on either side of the spring?

Oh the memories...

TC_Chronichild420
03-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Yeah, 2 rods and 4 screws later, my leg is ok, I just can't exert too much force with it anymore, thank god it's my left leg, not my ass kicking leg xD

Nyokou
03-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I don't get what's so "cool" about damaging your body. It can really cause problems for some people in the future if they were really bad injuries. My mom broke her ankle when she was 19 years old... totally had it twist around 180 degrees from rollerblading and even though it has healed, it's still pretty painful sometimes for her because she has weak joints.

GETTING300ZX
03-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Oh the memories... ever feared of landing near the edges with one leg on either side of the spring?

Oh the memories...

One of my buddies landed with his head in between the springs... One of the funniest things I've ever seen. The most painful break I've ever seen was a Tib-Fib (both bottom bones in leg) through a good MX boot. Leg got caught between his bike and a rock. I was the one who pretty much had to save him, 20 minute ride before I could get cell reception, 50 minute walk from campsite to where he was. Good thing I remembered how to get there... night had fallen as well. He got airlifted then I was riding his YZ250 (no lights) with this little LED helmet light a firefighter let me borrow and got waaay lost in a spider web of trails (Lark Canyon/McCain Valley, SoCal). He broke his leg at around 630pm and I got home at 2am and rode my 650R to jack in the box :) it was quite the experience. That was back in September and he just started riding on the street again. Doctor said 9 months for a near full recovery, also said if he wasn't wearing boots he probably would have lost his foot.

Spenner
03-23-2009, 06:32 PM
I don't get what's so "cool" about damaging your body.

It's not. But now that it's over, it makes a good time to talk about it.

One of my buddies landed with his head in between the springs... One of the funniest things I've ever seen. The most painful break I've ever seen was a Tib-Fib (both bottom bones in leg) through a good MX boot. Leg got caught between his bike and a rock. I was the one who pretty much had to save him, 20 minute ride before I could get cell reception, 50 minute walk from campsite to where he was. Good thing I remembered how to get there... night had fallen as well. He got airlifted then I was riding his YZ250 (no lights) with this little LED helmet light a firefighter let me borrow and got waaay lost in a spider web of trails (Lark Canyon/McCain Valley, SoCal). He broke his leg at around 630pm and I got home at 2am and rode my 650R to jack in the box :) it was quite the experience. That was back in September and he just started riding on the street again. Doctor said 9 months for a near full recovery, also said if he wasn't wearing boots he probably would have lost his foot.

Oh lord XD

This DOES remind me of a close call, with the whole nearly losing foot thing-

I was on my dirt bike, like I normally am, only I was going WAY to fast to be going down a hill that was about as steep as \ (the back slash) and to put it into perspective, I was about the size of a pixel on the top of that backslash. Anyhow, like I said, I was going really fast (by the time I reached the top of the hill from going down my back yard, I was in fourth gear while accelerating properly- pretty damn fast) and when I went over the top of the hill I sort of floated all the way down. The sensation I thought was pretty neat, so I did it a few more times. On about the fifth time, I stepped it up (no idea why). I completely misjudged where the trail down the hill was, and I didn't touch land until about 4 meters from flatland. When I landed I happened to land in front of a 300 pound boulder >___> I flew off my bike and landed far from it, and then the bike landed on my leg and was leaking hot oil all over me (my legs felt like freshly cooked stew). All in all, besides the fact that my bike was ruined, it turned out that my shoe was completely ripped off of my foot and it had a cut with but a hair thin line of fabric away from my foot behind the large tear. From the metal that was flowered open on my oil casing.

Yeah, kind of a close call for me.

GETTING300ZX
03-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I was on my dirt bike.....my shoe was completely ripped off of my foot

You weren't wearing boots?

Spenner
03-24-2009, 06:17 AM
That's another big thing-- I wasn't even wearing proper gear. I thought I was just going to putt around the backyard for a while, and I got really lazy and didn't even put on my knee high steel toes >___> now, of course, I don't go anywhere without them.

GETTING300ZX
03-24-2009, 01:28 PM
That's another big thing-- I wasn't even wearing proper gear. I thought I was just going to putt around the backyard for a while, and I got really lazy and didn't even put on my knee high steel toes >___> now, of course, I don't go anywhere without them.

Good thing you still have two feet to put in them! You only get one body... that's why I have $1000 in gear :)

Spenner
03-24-2009, 03:41 PM
That's the way to go. The gear really does make a big difference on whether the injuries are harmless and/or temporary or life threatening and long lasting- that also coincides with the decisions you make, of course. I mean, I wouldn't do the fourth gear sprint down that hill again even if I was wearing all my gear, that's just stupid.

GETTING300ZX
03-24-2009, 03:48 PM
That's the way to go. The gear really does make a big difference on whether the injuries are harmless and/or temporary or life threatening and long lasting- that also coincides with the decisions you make, of course. I mean, I wouldn't do the fourth gear sprint down that hill again even if I was wearing all my gear, that's just stupid.

haha yeah definately. I'm ptetty much a trail/desert rider. Dirt > sand, trails > track. I play it pretty safe, I've never been more than 5 or 6ft high on my bike because I don't like to jump (and it's an XR650R). I LOVE singletrack though! It's my bmx bike I always get hurt on, I've been 15+ft up, but still feel more comfortable on it.

Agent:Baby Jesus
03-24-2009, 03:51 PM
breaking things is cool

Spenner
03-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Mine doesn't have too much power (crf250) but I push it lots.

I don't actually go off jumps a whole lot, but the odd time I'll get the certain urge to. I just like going fast on straightaways, and getting in the dirt.

*(can't wait until summer)

OMG its HIM
03-24-2009, 04:29 PM
I've only sprained my ankle.

I can't imagine how much it would hurt to break a bone.haha i broke my wrist in 5th grade hurt like a bitch!

GETTING300ZX
03-25-2009, 02:16 PM
Mine doesn't have too much power (crf250) but I push it lots.

I don't actually go off jumps a whole lot, but the odd time I'll get the certain urge to. I just like going fast on straightaways, and getting in the dirt.

*(can't wait until summer)

I'm sure those bikes are super fun on tracks, really light. Dry weight is around 225lbs? They must whip around real quick. My 650R weighs in at around 277lbs... sometimes I feel like it's riding me since I'm 160. But the torque WOW. You can be cruising at idle speed and roll on the throttle and have gobs of power on tap. Top end is so-so, it would probably get pulled by a 450F up high but I love bottom end off road, and it's great on the street too, I rearely have to downshift or rev real high to do anything I want.

Spenner
03-25-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I'm a light kid, so I need a lighter bike (125ish pounds)- it definitely gets me around, no doubt about that.

We totally hijacked this topic.